closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Hodinkee Grand Seiko

New Hodinkee Grand Seiko

Heads up for those in U.S. about to be released in 30mins, edition of 500, I like the shade of blue of the dial.

I’m sure will it sell out quickly like the others. ( They will only deliver to U.S. Address )

https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/g...n-for-hodinkee
    Last edited by Lammylee; 27th October 2020 at 14:45.

Master
    500 is quite a lot for one of their limited editions - particulary over $5k and US only. Their Nomos Tangente edition was half the price and half the numbers. I wonder if they might sit for a bit - I can certainly add one to my basket still.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    500 is quite a lot for one of their limited editions - particulary over $5k and US only. Their Nomos Tangente edition was half the price and half the numbers. I wonder if they might sit for a bit - I can certainly add one to my basket still.
    Likewise, still available. I can't say I'm that surprised either - it won't shift as fast as the cheaper or pricier and more limited ones.

Can't say the photos make it look that brilliant either, which whilst not unusual for stock GS photos, is unusual for Hodinkee.

Master
    First impressions, it’s not the most interesting GS. There are so many fascinating dials in the standard range or GS’s own LEs, a flat blue dial just doesn’t seem all that special. It’s not the model I’d have chosen as a starting point either. I’d have hoped for more from a GS vs Hodinkee collaboration to be honest, for instance taking a slightly too thick automatic model and remaking it as a perfectly formed hand wound with a really interesting dial. Usually they manage to add value but here they’ve added blandness.

Master
    I love GS in general but find the GMT hand here too similar to the hour hand and would annoy me over time. Wished Hodinkee did something more different there - perhaps a lighter shade of blue or something to make it not stand out too much.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

This or a travel clock, choices.... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quite underwhelming...

Quote Originally Posted by Ummar01 View Post
    Quite underwhelming...
    Very! This offers very little compared to the already existing GS selection. Normally, I like their releases (although they are always insanely overpriced), but just don't think there's anything to see here. I'm sure it'll sell out in a flash though.

Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    Very! This offers very little compared to the already existing GS selection. Normally, I like their releases (although they are always insanely overpriced), but just don't think there's anything to see here. I'm sure it'll sell out in a flash though.
    Now a waitlist, so that 500 may have sold since yesterday (although they do note that some of those will be shipping next year).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    the GS lines is so hard to keep up with - they seem to release a special edition every 5 mins and nothing sings as much as some of the 'simpler' models