closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New car incoming v8

  1. #1

    New car incoming v8

    Hi all. Picked this land cruiser v8 up today. Went to London to collect it. Stuck on the m1 coming back for 3 hours due to it being shut.
    Anyway Iím really happy with it so far. So smooth and powerful. Feels like a tank So well built. Solid. Hereís some pics.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/gbCKm8B

  2. #2
    Master vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here and There....
    Posts
    5,068
    200 series LC - lovely piece of kit.

    Add : I was going to recommend joining the Landcruiser Club (landcruiserclub.net) but see that you're already a member!
    Last edited by vagabond; 27th October 2020 at 13:39.

  3. #3
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    17,111
    Friend has a v8 theyíre a beast. Should be a good car, they normally are.
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  4. #4
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,068
    Very nice, should go forever and a rare sight on the roads

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    442
    Very nice. A beast of a vehicle. They donít make them like that any more and I doubt they ever will!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    7,737
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great. The last car you'll need to buy.

    Sadly this behemoth is / was not on the Dutch market, so it's 'hen's teeth' when you try to buy a V8 LHD version.

  7. #7
    Cheers guys. Itís a tank of a car. The doors feel bank vault doors as you shut them
    For a 12 y old car it drives like new. Not a squeak or a rattle.
    Very quiet when doing 70 mph at 1500 revs on the motor way

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,721
    You cant beat cubes !!!!!!

    Enjoy




    B

  9. #9
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    7,737
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Cheers guys. Itís a tank of a car. The doors feel bank vault doors as you shut them
    For a 12 y old car it drives like new. Not a squeak or a rattle.
    Very quiet when doing 70 mph at 1500 revs on the motor way
    What's the mileage (not that it matters...). A befriended radiator workshop produces metal expansion tanks & upgraded radiators for these cars. The original plastic tank is about the only 'iffy' part on the car: age has an influence on the plastic of the original tank. It can become brittle. Fair chance that your car already has been 'upgraded'.

    Menno

  10. #10
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,892
    Thatís certainly a beast! Always fancied one of these but always thought theyíd be a bit on the thirsty side for me.

    Enjoy 😊

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    What's the mileage (not that it matters...). A befriended radiator workshop produces metal expansion tanks & upgraded radiators for these cars. The original plastic tank is about the only 'iffy' part on the car: age has an influence on the plastic of the original tank. It can become brittle. Fair chance that your car already has been 'upgraded'.

    Menno
    Menno. 103k cars a 2008 y model

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,283
    Lovely bit of kit!

  13. #13
    Absolutely bullet-proof cars.

    I bought this one from a guy (who'd driven it down to S Africa and back) and then sold it to someone who literally drove it around the world. Last I heard it was over 300,000 miles and still going.







    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Absolutely bullet-proof cars.

    I bought this one from a guy (who'd driven it down to S Africa and back) and then sold it to someone who literally drove it around the world. Last I heard it was over 300,000 miles and still going.







    R
    Brilliant! Looks a nice one and I'm sure it'll rack up plenty more miles no problem whatsoever.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Absolutely bullet-proof cars.

    I bought this one from a guy (who'd driven it down to S Africa and back) and then sold it to someone who literally drove it around the world. Last I heard it was over 300,000 miles and still going.







    R
    Drove one similar last weekend in syston. Leicester. Old boy owned a big estate. He had 3 for sale I think. Nice motors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information