closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lockdown question

Master

Lockdown question

Hi everyone my mums car mot runs out next month will mot garages remain open or will the cars mot be extended ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    Hi everyone my mums car mot runs out next month will mot garages remain open or will the cars mot be extended ?
    Businesses that can’t operate from home can continue, so MOT stations, garages etc can stay open.

Except non-essential retail and hospitality.

Making sure your car is safe to be on the road I would say is essential.

Master
    I think it’s a bit soon to be asking that. Why not give it a couple of days for the detail to come out, but I’d say she’ll be fine. Either it will be deferred or garages will remain open.

Lockdown number 1 saw garages allowed to remain open. I don’t see this any different tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Lockdown number 1 saw garages allowed to remain open. I don’t see this any different tbh.
    Yes but weren't extensions given on MOTs in lockdown #1?

I think we'll have to see what happens as the full details are announced. My car is, frustratingly, booked in for a service and MoT on Thursday, after the MoT date was extended during the first lockdown, so I'll be trying to work out exactly this over the next couple of days!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    I run an MOT bay,with covid precautions already long in place and no orders to close - why would we close??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I think we'll have to see what happens as the full details are announced. My car is, frustratingly, booked in for a service and MoT on Thursday, after the MoT date was extended during the first lockdown, so I'll be trying to work out exactly this over the next couple of days!
    Was it true that the time you had to get a test was extended but the period the test covered was not?
    So if your test was due in May 2020 and it was extended and you got the test done in September, your next MOT was still due in May 2021?

Craftsman
    I think we will get more clarity over the coming days especially by Wednesday when the text of the legislation for this is debated in parliament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Was it true that the time you had to get a test was extended but the period the test covered was not?
    So if your test was due in May 2020 and it was extended and you got the test done in September, your next MOT was still due in May 2021?
    No, you get the certificate valid from a year from when the deferred test was done - as is right. There would be no justification for demanding more than one test in a year

Craftsman
    In case anyone cares, as an aside..

Driving licences that have recently expired all have a 10 month extension. Found out the other day when the company alerted me to an expired licence...even though it hasn’t officially expired (Sep 2020 expiry date).

My MOT was due in May 2020 and it was extended to Nov 2020. I had it tested last week and it’s valid until Oct 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No, you get the certificate valid from a year from when the deferred test was done - as is right. There would be no justification for demanding more than one test in a year
    Quote Originally Posted by rgee View Post
    My MOT was due in May 2020 and it was extended to Nov 2020. I had it tested last week and it’s valid until Oct 2021.
    Thanks both

Master
    Im sure on you MOT it will say the earliest you can get it tested to preserve your date. Eg due 1st Nov , earliest date 10th Oct , valid until 1st Nov 21.

Blog Entries
    My aunts car MOT runs out in lockdown. She lives with an older cousin who is shielding and has a fear of open spaces. One is Welsh and the other is Scottish but they both live in Doncaster. One can only go out on Wednesday or Sunday because of a phobia and the other only has a fear of sunlight. How will the lockdown affect them?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    My aunts car MOT runs out in lockdown. She lives with an older cousin who is shielding and has a fear of open spaces. One is Welsh and the other is Scottish but they both live in Doncaster. One can only go out on Wednesday or Sunday because of a phobia and the other only has a fear of sunlight. How will the lockdown affect them?
    Book the MOT for a Wednesday after 4.00!

Blog Entries
    Book the MOT for a Wednesday after 4.00!
    Half day closing I’m afraid 😂

Half day closing I’m afraid 
    That won't matter, go in the morning, they rarely see the sun in Doncaster

Blog Entries
    That won't matter, go in the morning, they rarely see the sun in Doncaster
    Brilliant.

Assuming they’re over sixty, let’s just send them both up the chimney. Come on, man, we’re supposed to be Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Assuming they’re over sixty, let’s just send them both up the chimney. Come on, man, we’re supposed to be Tories!
    I believe the expression is 'circling the drain'.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.