closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My little collection.

My little collection.

I "think"! I did a similar thread before...maybe a year or so ago....in my "world"! that means many changes in my modest little collection.

A few pics for your perusal.

So 10 in total....I do have a cheap Casio for holidays, and a cheap (but priceless to me! as my daughter got it for me for Christmas a fair few years ago!).. Sekonda.

Firstly, my Oris 65 diver.....I did have the 40mm Oris diver......I found that a wee bit too small for me, so I saw this 42mm Oris Diver, in a sale (online) ,,so I treated myself!.

Next up, is this lovely (well I think so anyway!) Longines Spirit. I bought this one from Watchfinders.....I was looking for a Glycine Eugene Meylan..(of course, Id previously had one...flipped it....regretted it...blah blah blah!)...I couldnt see another Eugene Meylan..so I thought..I would "try", this Longines...love it! Probably my most worn watch now! I would even say...its my "grab and go" watch!.

Now we have the Omega Speedy.,, I recently got this from the sales corner...I couldnt really "afford" it at the time...so the seller, kindly let me pay a good "deposit" on it...then I paid the balance a week or so later...when a watch I was selling...........sold! I did have one before..(3750?)...but again...as is my way....flipped it ..regretted it!
    This is just over a year old, in the stupidly large (and expensive to post!) box! I then got Pav. to make me a strap for it...bingo!

Next up...this really lovely Datejust...lovely blue dial, comfy jubilee bracelet.....whats not to like! I got this as a "retirement" present to myself..(I recently retired at age 60.......best thing Ive ever done!)..this was bought from the forums...via a W.T.B. Met a real gent from these forums (Ray)...though sadly! I got lost about 3 times whilst driving to meet him!! So he was waiting for ages for me in a car park at the services!!..... (sorry Ray!)....I wore this quite a lot, when I first got it...but not worn it much since......

Next up, probably my favourite watch...though I dont wear it often?! Tag Heuer Monaco..........Again! I had one of these before......bought it from the forums....flipped it , to buy something else..(I think it was a 16600.which again I flipped!)...regretted it, then around about Christmas/New year gone....I "treated" myself to one online for my 60th...love it. Before I bought it , I asked the guy (on this forum!) who I had sold my "old" one to...if he would like to sell it back to me..........Alas! he told me , it had been sold...during our conversations, I told him , I loved the old one so much..and particularly! one of the leather straps in the bundle....that I said I would "probably" treat myself to a new one for my 60th..........
    We kept in touch...I told him Id bought a new Monaco...imagine my delight and surprise, when a few days later! He sent me the strap I loved , in the post to me free! What a gent! The strap in question, is the one in the picture.

Next one is.....Longines Legend Diver.......I bought this one new, from W.O.S. a few years ago...I was at work on a Sunday (overtime) had a decent break..so went out and bought it! I prefer it on the mesh bracelet..Lovely watch I think..

I bought this one last week...or 2 weeks ago! I had a W.T.B. for a 38.5 Longines Conquest Heritage (had one before...flipped it etc!)...Couldnt seem to find one...I saw this in Watchfinders...did a little trade.... then a few weeks later ...up it popped! I really like Longines watches...this is a great size too (40mm), easy to read for my 60 year old eyes, lovely looking thing.......sorted!

Next up....Tag Heuer Carrera.........Ive had a few Carreras, twin times etc....but always flipped them! I saw this one not so long ago, in the sales corner..So I bought it....really like it too...wear it quite a lot..I sent it off to Paul Walker for a service....so its good for years to come! Say what you like about Tag Heuers? The bracelets , Ive found are always always comfy!.

Next up.........There has to be a Seiko or 2, in any collection I think! This is an 009, pepzi bezel, jubilee bracelet...what more can I say!?

Lastly, another Seiko...not sure off hand! of the model number ...its a 62mas type thingy! really like this one...ideal for everyday/holiday etc etc wear!

Thats all folks! The photos arent great, but not much light etc today....Ive bought and then sold , probably dozens of watches, over about 5-7 ish years...god knows how much Ive lost (NEVER! sold any watch for what I paid for it.always less..............sometimes? ...a lot less!).....I dont keep records..which is probably just as well!

I "think", Im tending to prefer more "dressy" type watches, the older Im getting? Or maybe? I just like leather straps a lot more than I used to...so in my mind? A leather strap is more "dressy".............N.A.T.O.s? I dont see the point at all! Same for rubber straps............saying that............i do very very occasionally! wear a rubber strap!

If youve made it this far...youre a better man than me! I do tend to ramble.............sorry!
    Last edited by valleywatch; 26th October 2020 at 18:36. Reason: spelling!

Master
    Very nice Daney😊

Nice collection!!

Did you fire them all up to the correct time and date for the post? I only have one or two with the right date/ time. The others are left powered down.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Very nice Daney
    Thanks Mark!

Master
    Lovely, neat Speedie and Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by teeth man View Post
    Nice collection!!

Did you fire them all up to the correct time and date for the post? I only have one or two with the right date/ time. The others are left powered down.
    I did indeed! Ive had covid, (isolation ends tomorrow!), Ive not been interested! in wearing watches the last few weeks....feeling much better now...so I thought, Id have a look at my watches....... and give them a winding! Only trouble is...for whatever reason? I took 2 pics, of the Monaco...and none of the L.L.D. ? So not a "today"! pic. for the Longines Legend!

Blog Entries
    Glad the Monaco is still in the collection and I’m with you fella the favourite In mine collection too

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely collection. Monaco is a personal favourite. Good mixture of brands and styles. I like the watch box to!

Great collection,the longines diver is growing on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Liking those, especially the Meylan and the LLD!

A lovely, balanced collection OP. I especially like the the Longines' you have. The Legend Diver really suits a shark mesh, and the chronograph is a corker!

A

Apprentice
    Thanks for sharing, loving the gold details and white subdials on the longines chronograph

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Longines are great watches for the price point. The Chrono looks great with the gold hands, which model is it?

Very nice collection. The Monaco and the Rolex are really nice. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the Longines
    I’ve been after the reverse version of that (column wheel chronograph) for a while.
    Very nice collection

Thanks for the comments .

The Longines chrono is a lovely looking watch, its a

longines Heritage. L2.750.4.96.0

column wheel chrono.
    Last edited by valleywatch; 26th October 2020 at 21:03. Reason: spelling!

What a nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

I do love a nice chrono and that Longines Heritage is spot on in my view. As, to be fair, are all your Longines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing like the longines spirit. It is really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Thanks for the comments .

The Longines chrono is a lovely looking watch, its a

longines Heritage. L2.750.4.96.0

column wheel chrono.
    It is gorgeous- if only I could find the cream dial (black sundials) version!!

Craftsman
    One point in favour of NATOs is that they are very light, which can help to mitigate a weighty case.

Craftsman
    Very nice, my Monaco is a firm favorite of mine too.

Journeyman
    Nice. I'm after a Divers 65 with bronze bezel - might have to buy one soon if I get bored of waiting for the call from Rolex AD!

Craftsman
    Nice and varied collection . Tag, Longines
    and speedy on that strap.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk