closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SLA033 pricing - what would you pay?

Craftsman

Seiko SLA033 pricing - what would you pay?

After biting the bullet and buying a new 153 "Willard" when I procrastinated over the ones on SC, I fancy picking up the SLA033; I have seen one for about £3k.

I think the price isn't too out of the park, but what does the forum feel is a resonable price for one?

I am thinking back to when the SLA017 appeared, there were a flood of people selling and then they seemed to dry up. I want to get the 033 before they become dificult to find, but I don't want to pay over the top obviously, especially during these troubled times.

Any input appreciated.

Journeyman
    I think something around 3k seems to be OK.

Master
    I sold mine for £3k early this year. Someone else listed one on SC for less a few months back, but not sure if it sold or not. I got mine at a discount from new (more than I sold it for) and there'll come a time when they go up in value again as they sell out from retailers and stick in people's collections. It's not the sort of watch you buy on a whim so don't think they'd come up for sale too often. Now is a good time to buy I'd say.

Ant

Craftsman
    I am trying to think back to whether Jura had a sale and they were around £2.9k I might just take the plunge.

I bought mine new, I think in January, for about 2.8k. In May it didn't sell for 2.7k so I traded it in at a dealer's. I think the discounted stock has run out though, and 3k seems to be the current going rate. HTH.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    I bought mine new, I think in January, for about 2.8k. In May it didn't sell for 2.7k so I traded it in at a dealer's. I think the discounted stock has run out though, and 3k seems to be the current going rate. HTH.
    Thats useful info, thank you JW.