closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blink XT2 security camera, anyone used / installed one.

Master

Blink XT2 security camera, anyone used / installed one.

We are hopefully moving to a new build in Nov and I have been looking at external security cameras. Initially I looked at the Ring spotlight/ camera set up or Netamo. However Im drawn to the Blink as its discrete, battery powered ( so I could move it if I get issues with false alerts) and its £80 cheaper.

There is already a passive IR spotlight included in the house build.

Has anyone used or had experience of one of these. Being weatherproof is a key point as this will be an external camera viewing the rear of the Garage and garden area.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Craftsman
    Hello.
    I have the indoor blink system. 1 hub and 3 cameras. Worked fine for several years. Ee sent me an updated router about 6 months ago and I had real difficulty in getting the blink hub to connect. Sorted that after many emails to blink but now I can’t connect the cameras to the blink hub. CBA now.

When it was working it was excellent.
    2 year batt life was good.
    Regards
    V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    got 2 of these and they work perfectly. They are connected to a new EE hub if that helps and interesting that 2 users are connecting to what I assume is the latest hub, one having issues and the other not.

Don't be tempted to change the settings massively as you will find the cameras start to eat batteries. I did mess with them and the batteries lasted only a couple of months. I then reverted back to the recommended settings and they worked fine

They pick up well in night and daylight situations and you can also view whats going on through them whenever you want and talk through them. I'd recommend them. I got 2 cases with pivot mounts off Amazon as well.

Cheers

Paul

Have a look at the Eufy range too. I’ve got 5 Eufycam 2 cameras and a Wireless Doorbell. They work really well. Battery life on the cameras is excellent, lasting up to a year. The doorbell can be wired into an existing mains doorbell if you have one. I’ve not paid full price for any of the cameras or the doorbell as they frequently go on sale on Amazon or the Eufylife website. The app is regularly updated and notifications are fast.

Master
    We've got a 3 camera Blink and the 2 AA batteries are coming up to 2 years now without expiring. Plenty of options to turn the cameras off automatically at peak traffic times so you don't get bombarded with alerts of yourself going in and out the house. Waiting for Black Friday sale to get another one for another location.

We have three Blink XT2's, two on the front of the house and one on the garden fence in the back garden, covering the rear of the house. No issues in 14 months, connected to a Virginmedia Hub3. Great piece of kit, we've appreciated the ability to change the active portion of the view (our neighbours seem to be very active after dark so we've cutoff the top left corner of one of the front cameras such that their front garden path isn't within the active zone).

Master
    Thanks everyone for the prompt feedback and answers. On balance they sound good, I will also look at the eufy range.

Steve

I use Blink XT2 too. Very pleased with the quality day and night. Has a speaker built in too.