closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One plus users...... can it pry me away from my iPhone?

One plus users...... can it pry me away from my iPhone?

I have an XR it’s mint and I’m tempted with the new 12 pro or max

However the one plus deals always look good

7t is not the newest I know - 8 and 8pro is it? The nord too?

I’m not really interested in cameras on phones

It’s email, surf, what’s app and my betting apps that I use

Screen size more important

So..... any body jumped ship - or is tgat last letter not a p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnePlus is a decent phone, great if you don't need the camera. Use it with the Nova launcher and you'll be fine. Don't buy one on contract, the depreciation is vast and the phones are relatively cheap. Get a used one.

Just moved from a long line of Samsungs to a OnePlus 8 Pro (I wanted a dual-SIM phone which was 5G capable and had wireless charging).

Seems like a decent phone - but I'm something of an Android power user, so you'd be hard pressed to recognise my handset as Android. You can unlock the bootloader and root it without voiding the warranty, and a combination of Magisk, Tasker and (as has been mentioned) Nova Launcher makes it a very powerful hand-held computer. It can also make phone calls. (I don't really know about photographs - when I want to take one, I tend to use a camera, not a phone).

No idea how you'll find it after Apple (I have zero experience of Apple phones, other than trying to sort my wife's out when it goes wrong); a lot will depend on what you are looking for in a handset.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Just moved from a long line of Samsungs to a OnePlus 8 Pro (I wanted a dual-SIM phone which was 5G capable and had wireless charging).

Seems like a decent phone - but I'm something of an Android power user, so you'd be hard pressed to recognise my handset as Android. You can unlock the bootloader and root it without voiding the warranty, and a combination of Magisk, Tasker and (as has been mentioned) Nova Launcher makes it a very powerful hand-held computer. It can also make phone calls. (I don't really know about photographs - when I want to take one, I tend to use a camera, not a phone).

No idea how you'll find it after Apple (I have zero experience of Apple phones, other than trying to sort my wife's out when it goes wrong); a lot will depend on what you are looking for in a handset.
    Use it as a phone
    Use it for what’s app
    Videos short
    Browsing
    What happens to my iCloud (could do without it raining tbh)
    Battery is my main thing - reliable s d long lasting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    For pictures download Google photos now. It's free and unlimited.

For the rest move it to Google drive.

Use it as a phone
    Use it for what’s app
    Videos short
    Browsing

If the above is all you do then most if not all Android phones will work fine, my other half has a bad habit of wrecking phones so earlier this year she bought a Redmi 7A, £60.00 all in, I'm truly amazed at how well it does all the things you ask, two day battery life and dual sim.
    Edit she doesn't have any gambling apps

In your shoes I wouldn't spend a fortune as some folk don't get along with Android in the same way that I don't get along with ios,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Wife and I have had Onepluses since the word go.

A One and an X, then a 3 and a 3T, now a 6T and 6. We always buy a handset at 12-18 months old and because they put such a lot of RAM in they run fast for ages still.
    4A fast charge will murder the battery so sparingly with this.
    Never had any problems and the Android is very stripped back.

Use it as a phone
    Use it for what’s app
    Videos short
    Browsing

I'm a Google Pixel user so can't comment directly on OnePlus, but I understand their software is not so far removed from the stock Android experience I get on Google. In which case, you'd be fine with what you need the phone for.

I am now 10 days or so into Pixel 5 ownership, and the battery has been astonishing, for a smart phone that is. As I type this, I have taken the phone of charge, and it says it has 1 day and 7 hours left. I'm not a heavy user, but I use it for music with Bluetooth on quite a bit, a good 4/5 hours a day. And browse TZ and other sites regularly. I can't speak of other new phones' battery lives, but I very impressed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I'm a Google Pixel user
    The battery life is astonishing. We got our headphones today, great deal.