closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any experience with an Airbike?

Master

Any experience with an Airbike?

I have never used an air bike but I am considering buying one and would welcome any thoughts on using them and if they would be suitable for me?

Cycling was my thing and although I can still ride after my stroke, it fatigues me and an indoor exercise option would be good. Ideally I need something that will work my upper body as well as my legs. I have sold my rowing machine as I did not get on with the motion so think an Airbike may do the job.

Any input of your experience would be appreciated , at the moment doing some research it seems the rogue assault is probably the one to buy?

Thanks.

Craftsman
    An air bike is very different to cycling. I absolutely hate them mainly becuase they are exhausting and I'm also not a fan of having wind blown in my face the entire time from the fan wheel. However they are extremely good for HIT cardio sessions. Taxes the whole body. Only issue is when giving it max effort I find I give myself motion sickness due to my head moving from side to side haha. I would def recommned trying one before spending £800 odd on one. I coudnt see myself sitting on one for an hour of steady cardio
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 25th October 2020 at 15:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    An air bike is very different to cycling. I absolutely hate them mainly becuase they are exhausting and I'm also not a fan of having wind blown in my face the entire time from the fan wheel. However they are extremely good for HIT cardio sessions. Taxes the whole body. Only issue is when giving it max effort I find I give myself motion sickness due to my head moving from side to side haha. I would def recommned trying one before spending £800 odd on one. I coudnt see myself sitting on one for an hour of steady cardio
    The motion would effect me so I think you are right I need to try one. Thank you.

Master
    I’ve got the rogue echo bike which I absolutely hate with a passion lol but it gives a great workout in a short space of time. I bought the wind guard stops the wind blowing in you face, phone holder and bottle holder as add ons for it and for the price just buy them. I was torn between the assault bike and rogues version and I definitely made the right choice imo the rogue is a solid piece of kit, I’ve never noticed any motion issues using it but everyone is different

https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-ech...kaAppQEALw_wcB

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I’ve got the rogue echo bike which I absolutely hate with a passion lol but it gives a great workout in a short space of time. I bought the wind guard stops the wind blowing in you face, phone holder and bottle holder as add ons for it and for the price just buy them. I was torn between the assault bike and rogues version and I definitely made the right choice imo the rogue is a solid piece of kit, I’ve never noticed any motion issues using it but everyone is different

https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-ech...kaAppQEALw_wcB
    I have a feeling now they may be a bit hardcore for me. I think I will try one but a decent exercise bike may be a better option.

There's one in the work gym. And that there's one is relevant as they have multiple exercise bikes, recumbents, treadmills, steppers etc but only one airbike.
    I hate it with a passion, mainly because it's ******** hard work! I'm sure it's good for me though.