closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 82

Thread: Rolex St James Visit

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    65

    Rolex St James Visit

    I recently visited RSC in London and through Iíd share some of the photos I took while getting a Jubilee for my 16710 GMT.

    I am really liking the new layout. A lot more spacious with 3 divided lounge areas with lots of natural light. Service is fantastic as always.




    You can now looking into the workshop while you wait which I think is very cool. The consultation area is on the far left.



    I also noticed they had wireless and wired charging tables which sit flush with the carpet and all of the wiring hidden (yes I know Iím a geek with detail)



    This is the counter where you have your consultation. All fitted out with basic examining tools and lights where the reps would give you estimates for service etc.



    Finally getting my GMT put onto a Jubilee after a yearís wait. Very chuffed with it. Completely changes the look of the watch for me.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jackjack; 25th October 2020 at 09:00.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,169
    Looks good. I might drop by when I am down in London. Do they have a booking system or can you walk in?

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    65
    I booked in. Quite easy to call in and get a 1 hour slot. I believe they do take walk-ins too but I would check on that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    It seems Rolex really understand their target market.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,034
    Seems kind of pointless to me all that, looks fabulous but so what, when I buy a Rolex Iím not thinking about how their fancy offices look in fact seeing that kinda stuff puts me off

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    St Albans
    Posts
    210
    Nice set up! Havenít been in years. Thanks for the photos.

    BW,
    Chi Kai


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,450
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    It seems Rolex really understand their target market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Seems kind of pointless to me all that, looks fabulous but so what, when I buy a Rolex Iím not thinking about how their fancy offices look in fact seeing that kinda stuff puts me off
    When the Ďtarget marketí choose to be relieved of £500+ for a service, in return they want to feel theyíre living the luxury lifestyle. They definitely donít want to go somewhere dated and a bit vulgar, that might make them doubt their choices (though I rather liked the old one for exactly those reasons!).

  8. #8
    As one would expect. Good on Rolex.
    Those who have a problem obviously have a choice to buy a $5 no name quartz watch that will keep good time and have the battery changed at a stall in the mall.

    Some people will have a problem with anything that Rolex does.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 25th October 2020 at 10:28.

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    488
    Looks very impressive. How much was the jubilee bracelet? Was it done there and then? Or did you have to wait for it? Thanks will

  10. #10
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    I'm reminded of this...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  11. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Looks very impressive. How much was the jubilee bracelet? Was it done there and then? Or did you have to wait for it? Thanks will
    Paid £950. I called in to check if they had the stock which they did. Got it fitted and resized on the same day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    ...

    Some people will have a problem with anything that Rolex does.
    Really, I wonder why?
    New Rolex adage: The customer is always wrong!

  13. #13
    Journeyman Caminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm reminded of this...
    Ha ha ha, fantastic, itís true!. Thanks for sharing.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Some people will have a problem with anything that Rolex does.
    Absolutely untrue, but other religions are available.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    4,735
    The market has changed, not for the better. But, thats what markets do...change. As far as I can see, the best move is to buy the wat h you most enjoy, and then just wear it. Forget all the nonsense about scratches, values, idiotic nicknames. Just enjoy your watch. And donít worry what others think. Itís not their watch.

  16. #16
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The market has changed, not for the better. But, that's what markets do...change. As far as I can see, the best move is to buy the watch you most enjoy, and then just wear it. Forget all the nonsense about scratches, values, idiotic nicknames. Just enjoy your watch. And donít worry what others think. Itís not their watch.
    100% what he said ^^^^^ .
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    4,581
    If you don't like Rolex or the way they operate, just forget about them and buy something else.

  18. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If you don't like Rolex or the way they operate, just forget about them and buy something else.
    If only it was that easy. I got on the waiting list at AD, the day after the 2020 releases, as a non preferred customer I could be waiting months-years, I just want to own the damn thing, and not resell, try telling that to Rolex, not cool.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  19. #19
    How did a thread with pictures of the Rolex St James refurb turn into nonsense about scratches, waiting lists, and how a fancy head office puts you off buying one of their watches? I'm guessing a few of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

    Maybe if their head office was under some railway arches in Bermondsey or on an industrial estate in Slough you'd be happy to buy ten of their watches.

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by OllieG View Post
    If only it was that easy. I got on the waiting list at AD, the day after the 2020 releases, as a non preferred customer I could be waiting months-years, I just want to own the damn thing, and not resell, try telling that to Rolex, not cool.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    You know the reasons for this and you knew it was coming and yet you still moan. Simple answer is to try another brand.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    As one would expect. Good on Rolex.
    Those who have a problem obviously have a choice to buy a $5 no name quartz watch that will keep good time and have the battery changed at a stall in the mall.

    Some people will have a problem with anything that Rolex does.
    So predictable. ĎIf youíre too poor to buy a Rolex buddy, buy a $5 watchí - classic. I think this is the issue. Rolex watches have nothing to do with snobbery or one-upmanship, but they are rapidly becoming shorthand for something similar. At the same time the criticism from nowhere is a bit irritating, the Ďleaping to the defenceí crowd is just as bad

  22. #22
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    10,959
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Absolutely untrue, but other religions are available.
    It probably is true, but equally some people will accept anything Rolex do.

    Service centre looks very nice.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  23. #23
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    26,864
    Aesthetically it's gone from gentlemen's club to airport lounge!

  24. #24
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    You know the reasons for this and you knew it was coming and yet you still moan. Simple answer is to try another brand.
    Steinhart ocean one it is then!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  25. #25
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    Paid £950. I called in to check if they had the stock which they did. Got it fitted and resized on the same day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    great thanks for letting me know. I am a fan of the jubilee

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How did a thread with pictures of the Rolex St James refurb turn into nonsense about scratches, waiting lists, and how a fancy head office puts you off buying one of their watches? I'm guessing a few of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

    Maybe if their head office was under some railway arches in Bermondsey or on an industrial estate in Slough you'd be happy to buy ten of their watches.
    Some people feel obliged to come and crap on every Rolex thread. A lot of these havenít posted a pic of a watch in years.

  27. #27
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,136
    To be fair, as a Rolex owner and fan of the brand, I found that scratches meme funny.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    To be fair, as a Rolex owner and fan of the brand, I found that scratches meme funny.
    Haha same here :-)

  29. #29
    Craftsman DigitalSeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm reminded of this...
    fact



    S

  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    730
    Rolex have always been about the intersection between luxury and adventure. Or to put it more succinctly, and mis-quote Kingsley Amis, the thin line between berks and wankers.




  31. #31
    Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    9,168
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks OP for showing what the insides of St James looks like now. Has the outside changed at all or is it still the inconspicuous self?

  32. #32
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Thanks OP for showing what the insides of St James looks like now. Has the outside changed at all or is it still the inconspicuous self?
    Itís pretty much the same outside. Slightly tinted glass with no signs. I almost walked past and missed it which is funny as Iíve been there before.

  33. #33
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,818
    Thanks for posting, I don't get the chance to visit (not being local). Such a handy resource to have on your doorstep.

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How did a thread with pictures of the Rolex St James refurb turn into nonsense about scratches, waiting lists, and how a fancy head office puts you off buying one of their watches? I'm guessing a few of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

    Maybe if their head office was under some railway arches in Bermondsey or on an industrial estate in Slough you'd be happy to buy ten of their watches.
    Thatís exactly what I was thinking! Itís like a thread within a thread, looks like some people get upset about a bit of new carpet haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    So many haters.

  36. #36
    Craftsman gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Rolex have always been about the intersection between luxury and adventure. Or to put it more succinctly, and mis-quote Kingsley Amis, the thin line between berks and wankers.



    Yup...these are the ones I remember



    Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    9,168
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Yup...these are the ones I remember



    Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    This is what I remember:


  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    518
    Thanks for the photos. Looks like a pleasant place to spend an hour and a lot of money.

    Itís ages since Iíve visited the capital city/big smoke/that there London but once weíre allowed out of the North, sometime in Ď22 or Ď3, it might be nice to pay homage to the big R.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,586
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Aesthetically it's gone from gentlemen's club to airport lounge!

    Thatís what I was thinking,the IWC lounge in contrast is pure class.

  40. #40
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    17,111
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    So many haters.
    Not really, just the same few who pop up on all Rolex threads.

    I thought it just looked like a fairly modern, clean, waiting area. Hardly the last word in opulence, so I wonder what some people are used to!
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  41. #41
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Aesthetically it's gone from gentlemen's club to airport lounge!
    Maybe 'gentlemen's club' wasn't neutral enough for the new breed of Rolex wearer.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  42. #42
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    17,111
    Can anyone smell Old Spice?
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 26th October 2020 at 09:44.

  43. #43
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    8,745
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    It seems Rolex really understand their target market.
    Titter

  44. #44
    Craftsman wits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    486
    Anti rolex boys out in force.
    They do what they do really well,the watches are top drawer,service levels the same.
    You pay for the privilege or you don't.
    Great pics,geeky or not.

    As the man said if you don't like it buy a steinhart .



    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,315
    Quote Originally Posted by wits View Post
    Anti rolex boys out in force.
    They do what they do really well,the watches are top drawer,service levels the same.
    You pay for the privilege or you don't.
    Great pics,geeky or not.

    As the man said if you don't like it buy a steinhart .



    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I think you'll find that most of us so called 'anti Rolex boys' are or have been Rolex owners at some time, I still have the first one I bought back in 1984, I've also had a Zenith Daytona and her indoors had a Lady Date-Just so no I don't hate the brand, but the fact that the OP went into a shop a couple of days ago is just a bit - so what.

    But maybe I'm a bit grumpy in 'lockdown' anyhow have fun kids.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  46. #46
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I think you'll find that most of us so called 'anti Rolex boys' are or have been Rolex owners at some time, I still have the first one I bought back in 1984, I've also had a Zenith Daytona and her indoors had a Lady Date-Just so no I don't hate the brand, but the fact that the OP went into a shop a couple of days ago is just a bit - so what.

    But maybe I'm a bit grumpy in 'lockdown' anyhow have fun kids.
    I accept that you own a Rolex but what does stand out is that most of the anti Rolex vitriol comes from those who do not own a Rolex. Surely if you have no interest in a brand, just stay away from it.

    The fact that the OP went into the shop should not worry anyone but it was nice to see the results of the refurbishment.

  47. #47
    That's a great refresh, it looks very nice but I did really like the look before which was kind of 1970's James Bond set, it was like time travel visiting before.

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I accept that you own a Rolex but what does stand out is that most of the anti Rolex vitriol comes from those who do not own a Rolex. Surely if you have no interest in a brand, just stay away from it.

    The fact that the OP went into the shop should not worry anyone but it was nice to see the results of the refurbishment.
    Iím not quite sure thatís true - i would be surprised if any wis of, say, 20 years standing hadnít owned a Rolex - there was a time when a sub and a speedie were £1500 brand new, both equally easy to get, and it wasnít that long ago. I wouldnít describe myself as a hater, I just find all the marketing guff and their grandiose way of selling it not selling watches a bit silly. The watches are Iím sure still excellent, itís the rest that seems a bit ludicrous tbh

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Iím not quite sure thatís true - i would be surprised if any wis of, say, 20 years standing hadnít owned a Rolex - there was a time when a sub and a speedie were £1500 brand new, both equally easy to get, and it wasnít that long ago. I wouldnít describe myself as a hater, I just find all the marketing guff and their grandiose way of selling it not selling watches a bit silly. The watches are Iím sure still excellent, itís the rest that seems a bit ludicrous tbh
    OK if you "just find all the marketing guff and their grandiose way of selling it not selling watches a bit silly" then fair enough. However, if that is the case the best best for everyone, both haters and fanbois, is for the haters just to forget all about Rolex. Why comment on something you don't like and don't want to buy, it just seems pointless.

  50. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    OK if you "just find all the marketing guff and their grandiose way of selling it not selling watches a bit silly" then fair enough. However, if that is the case the best best for everyone, both haters and fanbois, is for the haters just to forget all about Rolex. Why comment on something you don't like and don't want to buy, it just seems pointless.
    I think this forum is here to cater for all watch tastes, every corner of the watch world - but sometimes it seems to focus a bit too heavily on just Rolex, their current value and availability, resellers, grey market etc - it actually feels more like an investment forum than a watch forum sometimes, which is a bit of a shame. Of course thatís not necessarily the fault of Rolex, nor is it exclusive to that brand in particular - itís just not something I ever thought about when I first joined the forum. I only comment because I find it all faintly ludicrous how the world of watches seems to have changed, and there are many who strongly react when anyone pokes their own brand favourite, which I have to be honest makes me chuckle (and thatís not aimed at you Mick, just a general observation) I have to admit Iím even getting bored with poking fun, every corner of Rolex criticism/cynicism has now been seen on this forum, alongside all the Ďcan I wear my sub in a saunaí posts of yesteryear!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information