closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Four Notes

Four Notes

Unfortunately I'm working today and will be unable to listen in live however I thought I'd post this for those that may be interested.

I've just watch a news piece on BBC1 about an 80 year old chap called Paul Harvey who has been diagnosed with dementia. A former teacher he still has the most amazing piano playing talent, a talent that has recently bought him a new legion of fans after his son gave him 4 notes to play and then improvise a short classical piece from.

The BBC's Philharmonic Orchestra got wind of this and, as a group of isolating individuals, recorded their own version that is to be played, for the first time ever, at 9am (I think) on BBC R4 today. Hopefully this will be available to purchase sometime early next month with the proceeds going towards a related charity.

Here's a link to a news article - https://inews.co.uk/culture/music/pa...ry-star-732068

A friend of mine has a mother that suffers from dementia and I know that it's a topic that has been spoken about here as well.

I just heard it on R4, it’s a beautiful piece of music and I think it will be very successfully supported.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I was listening when his son was first on BH telling the story of his dad, then again a couple of months ago when Paul first played his piece. My wife and I were both in bits then, and today had us sobbing throughout.

And bless Eileen Phillips, who soldiered on through the interview while clearly emotionally wracked.

So poignant and it was lovely to hear Paul speak so lucidly about his joy at working with the PO.

Absolutely the highest quality radio.