closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baltic Aquascaphe SB01 review (youtube)

Baltic Aquascaphe SB01 review (youtube)

Hey all, finally got round to this after a couple weeks ownership

https://youtu.be/DpMFtEd2DJ4

Pics:

Last edited by robbiekhan; 25th November 2020 at 19:12.

Master
    Nice review and nice watch - it does seem to suffer a lot of reflections on the crystal though.

Well done.



Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Nice review and nice watch - it does seem to suffer a lot of reflections on the crystal though.

Well done.


    It does have underside AR but such is the nature of any boxed crystal. In the old skool watches that had boxed acrylic it was even worse but to me in practice it really isn't an issue. I have yet to have a day where I looked at the time and had a hard time because of glare for example whether just sat at a table, walking or even driving.

Master
    Looked at these not too long ago and waited for the GMT. Ended up ordering a zelos horizons GMT. Just wasn’t sure about the size and beads of rice bracelet. Loverly looking watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Looked at these not too long ago and waited for the GMT. Ended up ordering a zelos horizons GMT. Just wasn’t sure about the size and beads of rice bracelet. Loverly looking watch though.
    The date window ruins the GMT for me. I like date windows gone but if it is there then it should be in a borderless window and the BG should be dial coloured for maximum stealth!

Glad I did not wait lol.

Master

This watch, and its Baltic sister Aquascaphe, look terrific. It's great to finally see a video review of a Baltic watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    This watch, and its Baltic sister Aquascaphe, look terrific. It's great to finally see a video review of a Baltic watch.
    Many thanks!

I still cannot get over how nicely it is designed and sized. The brushing detailing is really nice too and always catches my eye:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Many thanks!

I still cannot get over how nicely it is designed and sized. The brushing detailing is really nice too and always catches my eye:

Been considering the SB01 for quite some time. Your review and pics finally made me pull the trigger.

When it arrived it worked perfectly, but the movement failed after just a couple of hours. Sent it back, watch went through repair and regulation (excellent customer service). Having it on my wrist for 5 days its evrything you claim in your review. Excellent craftsmanship, great design, comfortable on the wrist. As for accuracy itīs dead on. Timegrapher slip claims +3, in real world so far, itīs +/-1. Canīt fault that.

Thanks Robbie!
    Last edited by Bowe; 5th February 2021 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowe View Post
    Been considering the SB01 for quite some time. Your review and pics finally made me pull the trigger.

When it arrived it worked perfectly, but the movement failed after just a couple of hours. Sent it back, watch went through repair and regulation (excellent customer service). Having it on my wrist for 5 days its evrything you claim in your review. Excellent craftsmanship, great design, comfortable on the wrist. As for accuracy itīs dead on. Timegrapher slip claims +3, in real world so far, itīs +/-1. Canīt fault that.

Thanks Robbie!
    Ah that's great to hear but a shame about the initial issue on the movement! Your issue sounds the same as what I had on a Marloe Morar watch which had the same movement a year previous to buying the Baltic in that it too stopped after a few hours randomly. Marloe took it in and found a small piece of plastic debris inside the movement hence getting stuck in the gears. Did Baltic mentions their findings with yours?

I have now also added the Bronze Aquascaphe to my collection so once patina has set in I will likely do a follow-up review adding an update in this thread as it's the same watch, just bronze. Or maybe a dedicated thread because bronze and just reference this one too.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Ah that's great to hear but a shame about the initial issue on the movement! Your issue sounds the same as what I had on a Marloe Morar watch which had the same movement a year previous to buying the Baltic in that it too stopped after a few hours randomly. Marloe took it in and found a small piece of plastic debris inside the movement hence getting stuck in the gears. Did Baltic mentions their findings with yours?

I have now also added the Bronze Aquascaphe to my collection so once patina has set in I will likely do a follow-up review adding an update in this thread as it's the same watch, just bronze. Or maybe a dedicated thread because bronze and just reference this one too.
    Didn't get any feedback from Baltic. I've heard about Miyota movements randomly stopping before, but no real issue for me as long as it works fine in the end. My experience is that microbrands such as Baltic in general takes good care of their customers.

Definitely, I've had good customer service from them so far having had comms via both email and Instagram and even had a call from their office in France one day about a service/repair!