closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 14060

Grand Master

I have a wtb for another 14060,but Ive just had an offer of one at £6700 1997 from a dealer in Keighley.
    Its watch only & the oyster bracelet a fair price,BUT before I go and buy before we go into lockdown!,if someone reading this has one to sell around same price then please drop me a pm.

Cheers
    Last edited by P9CLY; 3rd November 2020 at 11:47.

This at Raffles, Paul?

Grand Master
    No not Liam.

Ah. Had just passed and didn’t see it but was a cursory glance more than anything to avoid temptation from any of their pre owned stuff.

Master
    Can’t keep up Paul
    Last week you were going to sell them all and now you’re buying again.
    Sold a full set(including original purchase receipt ,the lot)14060 about 8 mts ago at 6.1K
    It didn’t fly either
    Prices moving a lot on the 5 digit stuff to the point of pricing them out the market or were they maybe undervalued.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Can’t keep up Paul
    Sold a full set(including original purchase receipt ,the lot)14060 about 8 mts ago at 6.1K
    It didn’t fly either
    Prices moving a lot on the 5 digit stuff to the point of pricing them out the market or were they maybe undervalued.

^^^^^^^^

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Can’t keep up Paul
    It didn’t fly either

Im not expecting anyone to keep up Jim!.....its an hobby,I did sell a few & that did help where help was much needed with Dad soon going into palliative care.

But just to answer your question,I too just sold my full set 14060 last weekend & regret doing so, hence my buying another albeit for less...different times now Jim,I rather think it would fly out now & for substantially more.

I do hope this is acceptable.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 3rd November 2020 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Im not expecting anyone to keep up Jim!.....its an hobby,I did sell a few & that did help where help was much needed with Dad soon going into palliative care.

But just to answer your question,I too just sold my full set 14060 last weekend & regret doing so, hence my buying another albeit for less...different times now Jim,I rather think it would fly out now & for substantially more.

I do hope this is acceptable.
    It seems a good price to me Paul, any sub under £7k is beginning to look like a bargain.

I wish I’d bought one when they were £3.5k!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It seems a good price to me Paul, any sub under £7k is beginning to look like a bargain.

I wish I’d bought one when they were £3.5k!
    I bought mine for £3.2k probably 3/4 years ago!,actually the watch ive had the longest in my collection until a few days ago!,but I really did miss it & so wanted another!.....and I now do.
    Done that a few times too Dave! Lol haven't we all just been there!!.

They are going crazy Dave,it was this or another I let go a few months back,that being the SD 16600 that I replace,this won,but the SD @ £6850 was a fairish price,albeit box only.

Crazy crazy addictive hobby we all are embrolied in Dave!,when & how does it end....lol

Master
    It is crazy. Just one more, and we’re done. Right?

Sold my full set 14060m in 2011 for £2800 to buy a DSSD. Lesson learnt as it cost me £6025 to buy another 14060M off the forum in March.

Master
    ben4watches brother had an absolute beauty full set for sale a couple of months ago,
    it may have been a little more but it was my watch so can vouch it’s a really nice one.

I shouldn’t have met my 16600 go either (for £3800).

I’ve a 16710 and polar 16570 but I’m taking MickP’s advice and hanging on to them.

I was nearly tempted to trade the 16570 for the Explorer on SC today though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I bought mine for £3.2k probably 3/4 years ago!,actually the watch ive had the longest in my collection until a few days ago!,but I really did miss it & so wanted another!.....and I now do.
    Done that a few times too Dave! Lol haven't we all just been there!!.

They are going crazy Dave,it was this or another I let go a few months back,that being the SD 16600 that I replace,this won,but the SD @ £6850 was a fairish price,albeit box only.

Crazy crazy addictive hobby we all are embrolied in Dave!,when & how does it end....lol
    I suppose when people are throwing figures of 9- 10K about for ceramic subs then the 5 digit stuff will follow fairly close behind and then eventually overtake when people realise the vulgarity of the maxi-case.

Master
    If it's got Rolex stamped it, don't ever think of selling it. Clever chaps and enthusiasts buy Rolex and others sell.

Nearly sold this 14060 at start of lockdown as I had just bought a cracking 16600 off SC, my thinking was they were too much the same but no, so glad I kept it as it feels very different to the 16600..

Funny how the 14060 has started to catch up with the 16610, 16710, 16760, the 16570 is also doing well but still lagging behind a bit in the asking prices.

Rolex Submariner 14060 Tritium, T serial 1996 - Collectors Set - WITHDRAWN
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Nearly sold this 14060 at start of lockdown as I had just bought a cracking 16600 off SC, my thinking was they were too much the same but no, so glad I kept it as it feels very different to the 16600..

Funny how the 14060 has started to catch up with the 16610, 16710, 16760, the 16570 is also doing well but still lagging behind a bit in the asking prices.

Rolex Submariner 14060 Tritium, T serial 1996 - Collectors Set - WITHDRAWN
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    I too am lucky enough to have the 14060m and the 16600, to the untrained eye (the wife) they look the same but they are very different creatures on the wrist and both are very special in different ways, there is definitely room in a collection for them both.