closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend me a Delonghi bean to cup machine

Master

Recommend me a Delonghi bean to cup machine

Fed up with Nespresso pods so looking for a new machine. Has anyone any recent experience of the Delonghi products. I’m wanting something that will do the milk frothing too

Let me know if you’ve been through this process and found something worth recommending

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve had a 4200 Magnifica having had a dolce gusto and a tassimo and it’s different class. Even using the worst beans it’s better than the capsules.

Downers are that it needs thorough cleaning out once a fortnight making 4 cups per day. Only other (obvious) caveat is that it only makes coffee so if you like the other types of drinks it’s no good.

Best compliment I can give it is that if it broke tomorrow I’d buy another one.

Master
    Thanks for that. I’m currently looking at this one but best price shopping

Dinamica ECAM 350.75.S

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Ours didn't break but we bought a new one anyway. We had one for years but it was a silver colour and had been too close to the hob so one side was all melted. We redid the whole kitchen so treated ourselves to a new one in black. Not for one minute did we think about getting anything different.

edit: although ours does do milk frothing (with a wand) I don't think we've ever used it - we both drink espresso - so can't comment on it one way or the other.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 23rd October 2020 at 22:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I’ve had a 4200 Magnifica having had a dolce gusto and a tassimo and it’s different class. Even using the worst beans it’s better than the capsules.

Downers are that it needs thorough cleaning out once a fortnight making 4 cups per day. Only other (obvious) caveat is that it only makes coffee so if you like the other types of drinks it’s no good.

I have that model, and yes the coffee even to me is a different class to Nespresso. It's more high maintenance than a Nespresso, but worth it.

If I had my time again I'd get a dual bean for when you want a decaf, this can do it with ground coffee but it's a bit of a faff and I usually forget to reset the knobs resulting in swearing in the morning when it won't make a caffeinated cup just when I need one!

ETA I got mine on eBay as a refurbished model from DeLonghi themselves and it was a lot cheaper than brand new and fully warrantied.
    Last edited by SimonH; 23rd October 2020 at 23:04.

Craftsman
    I have one of these. Brilliant machine. I don’t use the milk thing but use the steaming spout instead. Had it 10 months now. Picked ours directly from their website but did have a good offer at the time, £500 inc a gift set.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/produ...60w-0132215214

Regards
    V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at Jura if your budget stretches, they are commercial machines

We've had our for 15 years, serviced once in that time with a replace grinding mec

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    Have a look at Jura if your budget stretches, they are commercial machines

We've had our for 15 years, serviced once in that time with a replace grinding mec
    Any specific reason why Delonghi?

Agree on Jura. Our E8 hasn’t missed a beat.

Master
    I’ve got a ecam 45.760.w and it’s brilliant had it two years

Journeyman
    I’ve got the ECAM 23.426had it about 5 years still amazing though you have to keep up with the regular filter changes and I’ve changed the rings on the brew unit every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Any specific reason why Delonghi?

Agree on Jura. Our E8 hasn’t missed a beat.

No not really it’s just that DL seems to do well on all reviews

Master
    The only stumbling block we’ve come across is the depth of these things. They all seem to be around 45cm which on a standard kitchen worktop takes up quite a lot of room. I suppose the fact that there is a lot going on inside them adds to their bulk

Master
    We ended up with the Ecam 330 Dinamica. Great piece of kit, can’t believe how much better coffee tastes at home now. Just takes a bit of setting up to personal taste. Only downside is our milkman’s costs have increased !