closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A new Haveston canvas model (Edit - 2 models)

A new Haveston canvas model (Edit - 2 models)

Here. Oh my, the same floating/sliding keeper as the one pass design, but canvas rather than steel. I suppose the keeper will never slide about because of friction, but the canvas keepers must be a lot more bulky than metal ones. Love the colour, it'll probably fade to the colour of the M-1918C when new I would think. However, the jury is out on the keepers.

Edit. I've noticed they've actually released 2 new straps, the other being the M-1944F. This is a version of the M-1944C with canvas keepers, in 16mm only.
    Last edited by magirus; 24th October 2020 at 07:02.
    F.T.F.A.

I like it. The existing brown/tan they offer is way too light for me, but this one looks perfect. Been itching to buy another haveston since I got my 1944c, looks like this will be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see a use for that colour - but intrigued, no metal hardware means no annoying clanging with my laptop when typing!

I like the colour, less convinced on the keepers. I keep the excess strap under my wrist under control by folding it back on itself and then sliding the keeper over it (with thanks to Qater-wol for that tip), not sure how well that'll work with canvas keepers.

You can see what I mean in Walter's picture here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Fold it under? When I first wore the strap I could see the pointly tail, but it really does fold over. Move the floating keeper closer to the buckle, then fold the tail over, then push the floating slider up to hold it flat!

Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I'm thinking about getting one as I really like the colour. If the keepers aren't to my taste, or wear quickly, then I have plenty of old Natos to take the metal keepers from and fit to the Haveston.
    F.T.F.A.

Didn’t take long to talk myself into it - just ordered one for my black bay. Really like the colour but think it’ll look even better once it’s worn in

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Didn’t take long to talk myself into it - just ordered one for my black bay. Really like the colour but think it’ll look even better once it’s worn in
    I look forward to your opinion of the strap, and hopefully some pictures in decent light. The pictures on the Haveston site are always darker than the straps look in the real world.
    F.T.F.A.

Took a while to arrive, but it’s here. Colour is what I was hoping for, quite flat looking at the mo but am sure it will fade and wear nicely. Here are some quick and dirty pics with it next to my worn in m1944c. It can look fairly dark depending upon how the light hits it.

Lovely colour, suits your Tudor very well. Any issues with friction when you push the strap through the keepers?
    F.T.F.A.

Cheers! no issues so far, canvas gives more of a snug fit than the steel ones. Seems like a plus to me as less chance of the floating keeper sliding around.