closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: September's Friday Watch Count - Finally

Master

September's Friday Watch Count - Finally

Well September is long gone so apologies for the delay, at the moment spare time is in short supply. So what dramas did the Fridays of September hold?

The high level stats are as follows. We hit a new 4 week month record of 679 watches which gives a weekly average of a shade under 170 watches which is the highest weekly average so far this year. Unsurprisingly the number of new brands has begun to drop, down to only 15 but variety was still high with a total of 127 different brands represented.

The drama at the top continued, on the fifth Rolex did its best to break the highest weekly total from a single brand (Seiko's 37) but fell two short. However they continued strongly and came out top for the month. Again. Seiko tried to keep up but ran out of steam by the end of the month, dropping to 15 which is their third lowest weekly count this year. Omega started the month strongly, looking like it it may overhaul Seiko for the dizzying heights of second place but a poor show of only 8 on the 25th (behind Timefactors' 10) put paid to any hopes for another month.

Elsewhere Timefactors reached a new monthly record of 40 and both Breitling and Panerai have bounced back after a poor August for each. Audemars Piguet have recorded their highest monthly total getting into double figures for the first time.

We had some interesting new arrivals this month including a Th. Picard et Fils and a rather nice Cuervo Y Sobrinos. However we are yet to have that all important new brand to complete the alphabet, one beginning with Q. So dig out your high end Quintings or not so high end Quicksilvers, or perhaps borrow your wife's Qeelin. Maybe you got caught up with the "revolutionary" idea of the Quadtec and bought it only to consign it to the back of the watch drawer after a few weeks (I am sure that they are just about old enough to be fashionable now). Whatever it is there are now less than three months to rummage through the safe or sock drawer and wear it on a Friday.

So, without further ado here are the numbers:

1 Rolex 106
    2 Seiko 80
    3 Omega 59
    4 Timefactors 40
    5 Panerai 23
    6 Tudor 21
    7 Breitling 17
    8 G Shock 16
    9 Grand Seiko 14
    10 Sinn 13
    11 Damasko 11
    12 Audemars Piguet 10
    13 IWC 10
    14 Zenith 10
    15 Citizen 9
    16 CWC 9
    17 Tag Heuer 8
    18 Hamilton 7
    19 Heuer 7
    20 Steeldive 7
    21 Tissot 7
    22 Blancpain 6
    23 Longines 6
    24 Oris 6
    25 Bremont 5
    26 Steinhart 5
    27 Vostok 5
    28 Bulova 4
    29 Helson 4
    30 Ming 4
    31 Nomos 4
    32 Patek Philippe 4
    33 Sterile 4
    34 Wolbrook 4
    35 A. Lange& Sohne 3
    36 Bell & Ross 3
    37 Laco 3
    38 Newmark (Modern) 3
    39 Orient 3
    40 Smiths 3
    41 Vacheron Constantin 3
    42 ZRC 3
    43 Animal 2
    44 Apple 2
    45 Archimede 2
    46 Astro 2
    47 Breguet 2
    48 Casio 2
    49 Christopher Ward 2
    50 Doxa (Vintage) 2
    51 Fortis 2
    52 Glycine 2
    53 Helvetia 2
    54 Ingersoll 2
    55 Jaeger-LeCoultre 2
    56 Junghans 2
    57 Lemania 2
    58 Mido 2
    59 MkII 2
    60 Mondaine 2
    61 Moser 2
    62 Muhle 2
    63 Oceanx 2
    64 Ollech & Wajs 2
    65 Tutima 2
    66 Yema 2
    67 Zelos 2
    68 Aevig 1
    69 Apeks 1
    70 Aquastar 1
    71 Armida 1
    72 Brellum 1
    73 Cartier 1
    74 Carvel 1
    75 Cathode Corner 1
    76 Certina 1
    77 Chronomat 1
    78 Chronos 1
    79 Corum 1
    80 Cuervo Y Sobrinos 1
    81 Dan Henry 1
    82 Doxa (modern) 1
    83 Dubey and Schaldenbrand 1
    84 Ebel 1
    85 Edox 1
    86 Enoksen 1
    87 Frederique Constant 1
    88 Gallet 1
    89 Garmin 1
    90 Girard Perigeaux 1
    91 Glaschutte Original 1
    92 Haldor 1
    93 Hanhart 1
    94 Helgray 1
    95 Hoffman 1
    96 Kenzo 1
    97 Konstantin Chaykin 1
    98 L U Chopard 1
    99 Lorier 1
    100 Luminox 1
    101 Marina Militare 1
    102 Maurice La Croix 1
    103 Parnis 1
    104 Philip Watch 1
    105 Porsche Design 1
    106 Poseidon 1
    107 Precista 1
    108 Rado 1
    109 Revue Thommen 1
    110 RLT 1
    111 Rodania 1
    112 Romain Jerome 1
    113 SarpanevaUhrenFabrik 1
    114 Schaffen 1
    115 Schofield 1
    116 Scurfa 1
    117 Seaholm 1
    118 Squale 1
    119 Stowa 1
    120 Suunto 1
    121 Th. Picard Fils 1
    122 Timex 1
    123 Titoni 1
    124 Trias 1
    125 Unimatic 1
    126 Universal Geneve 1
    127 Vulcain 1

As it is the end of the third quarter below is the weekly top ten chart, showing the ups and downs of watches which make their way into and out of the top ten each week. Twenty nine brands have now made it in to this rarified group with AP being the newest entrant. The chart is beginning to look a bit congested so I hope that you can make out something useful.

on Flickr
    Last edited by Wimm; 23rd October 2020 at 19:25.

Master
    Seeing the popularity for Sinn and Damasko watches on the forum I decided that the bonus content for this month would look closely at German watches. I have included most but not all of the German brands that have been worn. The ones that have not been included are ones that have only made one or two appearances throughout the year. The only exception to prove the rule is Dornbluth & Sohn but who would want to leave them out?

As the fancy charts show Sinn are by far the most popular on the forum finding themselves in the top ten every month. I think the impressive peak in June coincides with the first arrivals of the U-50. Damasko started slowly, mixing with the chasing pack but suddenly took off over the summer to challenge Sinn for the top spot in July. Moser have their moments, as do Steinhart. It took awhile for the first Lange to appear and every now and then they crop up. Dornbluth are fickle and rare, only making two appearances this year. Here are the charts.

on Flickr

, on Flickr

Next month I might try and tone down the rather garish colours.
    Last edited by Wimm; 23rd October 2020 at 20:42. Reason: SPAG

Thanks for doing this regularly - it's curiously compelling reading

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Me too. I do try and wear a smaller brand once a month to see if it appears as the single representation in the stats. I am quite sad though.

I think I made a boob by wearing the Lemania twice and on one of those occasions managed to post it twice in the same thread! (I may have had a few too many that night).
    Good of you not to point that out.
    Keep up the good work!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Thank you. It is curiously compelling doing it. I get quite caught up in the race between the big names to be the first to get to 10, 20 and even 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Me too. I do try and wear a smaller brand once a month to see if it appears as the single representation in the stats. I am quite sad though.
    It is quite satisfying when that happens. I am trying to be the only wearer of a brand this year, so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    I think I made a boob by wearing the Lemania twice and on one of those occasions managed to post it twice in the same thread! (I may have had a few too many that night).
    Good of you not to point that out.
    Keep up the good work!
    I am the very epitome of discretion. I might have even noticed and not counted it twice.

Craftsman
    Wimm - that looks like deeply time-consuming work to say the least, and with the graphs, more so.

Interesting read, and thanks for your efforts.

Thank you for putting the stats together.
    I can’t be the only one looking in the watch safe for more obscure brands to make the list? Sorry for the extra work :-)

I’d echo all the appreciation expressed above - curiously entertaining!

Craftsman
    I'd like to echo the thanks for the time and trouble you put into this. It is entertaining and interesting at the same time.

Thanks a lot for collating and posting the stats! I’m curious to see how October has played out. Nice one!

S

Same here. Big from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Marco View Post
    I'd like to echo the thanks for the time and trouble you put into this. It is entertaining and interesting at the same time.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Marco View Post
    Indeed thanks again. A lot of effort and time there to collate and interpret the trends. Thanks!!

Master
    Thank you everyone, I am glad that you enjoy the reading.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Wimm - that looks like deeply time-consuming work to say the least, and with the graphs, more so..
    Hmm, back in June I estimated how much time I had spent doing it and I'd rather not think about it. I haven't told my Wife the result, she thinks I am strange enough for counting watches.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Thanks a lot for collating and posting the stats! I’m curious to see how October has played out. Nice one!
    I have just totted up the numbers for the second and, if the month continues like it started there may well be a twist in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Sad maybe, but not alone in searching out an obscure watch to add to the Friday post

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Thank you everyone, I am glad that you enjoy the reading.

Hmm, back in June I estimated how much time I had spent doing it and I'd rather not think about it. I haven't told my Wife the result, she thinks I am strange enough for counting watches.

I have just totted up the numbers for the second and, if the month continues like it started there may well be a twist in the plot.
    Nice one - been following these posts for a few months and with COVID slowly coming back up - i do wonder if we will have a plot twist!

S

I for one love a garish graph, stick with it! Top man for doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app