closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breakdown cover - any car bike UK/EU for me and wife?

Breakdown cover - any car bike UK/EU for me and wife?

I've always recommended a Nationwide Flex Plus bank account for this as it cover both of us UK/EU wide, any vehicle, any age we are in regardless and comprehensively.

Plus travel insurance again EU wide for the whole family.

£13 month.

But Covid of course means paying for most of this with no actual 'use'.

Can anyone recommend a company that will offer the same Breakdown benefits - no quibble, any car/bike we're in/on (not worried about health insurance at present as we're going no-where outside the UK probably).

£13 is almost worth it for the Breakdown cover alone. It's a good solution, you may save a couple of pounds if you change but I am not sure it's worth it. Especially as the account comes with banking advantages too, from the top of my head.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Journeyman
    GEM motoring assist are very good, if you just want nationwide cover. Options for sorting your own recovery and claiming the money back or a dearer option where where they get you recovered. Used them a few times in the past and got a cheque back by return post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    £13 is almost worth it for the Breakdown cover alone. It's a good solution, you may save a couple of pounds if you change but I am not sure it's worth it. Especially as the account comes with banking advantages too, from the top of my head.
    It used to pay cashback or interest until a couple of years ago and the cost was IRC £10 month or so but they took away the financial benefits and upped the price.

Nationwide must be creaming it in as it's a popular account and hardly anyone's been abroad for what will be two blooming years now!

GEM are excellent

I still think Nationwide offers good value with breakdown, travel and 'gadget' insurance.

I opened the account particularly because they covered my motorhome on the breakdown insurance...couldn't get that cover alone for £13 per month.

Used in several times over the years when Mrs JiaB manages to cause her cars to 'break' Far better response times than RAC which was used previously.

Hopefully won't have travel restrictions for too much longer and you can enjoy the benefits of a paltry £13 / month comprehensive insurance package :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    I used Autoaid when I lived in the UK

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I've had a very quick look at their site. Both of you should both be covered in any car for about £60. They do mention motorbikes, classic cars and towed caravans, but I haven't seen anything about motorhomes........but as ever, make sure you read the small print before signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by jacinabox View Post
    I still think Nationwide offers good value with breakdown, travel and 'gadget' insurance. (...) Used in several times over the years when Mrs JiaB manages to cause her cars to 'break' Far better response times than RAC which was used previously.
    I agree. Had to use them for Mrs SJ's car in Tunbridge Wells a few weeks ago and by using local companies instead of a national network we had to wait far less than the last time I used the AA a few years ago, even though I was stranded on the motorway instead of parked in a leafy suburbs.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I've no doubt you'll hear the good and bad of a few companies in the replies, it's the way these threads seem to go nowadays. I've always had very good service from Green Flag on the occasions I've needed assistance.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    I’ve used green flag for years, have personal cover that covers me and the wife for any car/bike over 16 years old I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. :)