closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tarleton and Hesketh Bank area

Master
    Blog Entries

Tarleton and Hesketh Bank area

Does anyone live round here or know the area? An estate agent has suggested it and don’t really know it

Master
    I live about 10 miles away...Tarleton is the better option for schools and small shops but it isn't great if you need motorway access for work/travel.

If you let me know more of what you are after...village type life or if you need to travel in to Manchester/Liverpool for work i could give you more information.

Master
    I live about 10 mins away too, and my brother lives in Hesketh Bank.
    It’s quite a nice rural area with a lot of farms and market gardens around.
    There’s not a lot going on there but it has basic facilities including a Booth’s Supermarket.
    Tarleton is within about 15 minutes of both Preston and Southport (Hesketh Bank 5 mins more) so there’s plenty nearby and you can be on the M6 in about 20. If there’s anything specific you want to know just drop me a PM and if I don’t know, I’m sure my brother will.
    Last edited by Cynar; 22nd October 2020 at 21:34.

Master
    Got a Liverpool postcode if that bothers you. But a rural area. Lot of veg grown around there. As posted, no nearby motorway access but it is a nice area. Small villages and towns e.g. Ormskirk. Flat if you have a bicycle. Good area for getting to Preston, Southport, Liverpool but on A roads.

I also live around 10 minutes from there. Seems to be quite a few of us in the local area. As others have said it can be a bit of pain to get to the motorway.

I married a girl local to this area who is from a place called Holmeswood which isn't too far away. She really doesn't like the tarleton/ Hesketh bank area and despite me finding a few houses that are perfect for our needs she steadfastly refused to even look at them.

We have friends in Hesketh bank and they do complain about antisocial behaviour heading up towards the community centre. There are apparently a fair few boy racers etc around there.

Eccleston is nice and isn't far away. A bit further is Euxton which is nice and benefits from having great access to motorways and rail services to Manchester, Liverpool and west coast mainline.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Got a Liverpool postcode if that bothers you..
    Got a PR postcode ? It does geographic cover bits of Merseyside but is a Preston postcode.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    I also live around 10 minutes from there. Seems to be quite a few of us in the local area. As others have said it can be a bit of pain to get to the motorway.

I married a girl local to this area who is from a place called Holmeswood which isn't too far away. She really doesn't like the tarleton/ Hesketh bank area and despite me finding a few houses that are perfect for our needs she steadfastly refused to even look at them.

We have friends in Hesketh bank and they do complain about antisocial behaviour heading up towards the community centre. There are apparently a fair few boy racers etc around there.

Eccleston is nice and isn't far away. A bit further is Euxton which is nice and benefits from having great access to motorways and rail services to Manchester, Liverpool and west coast mainline.
    At our Secondary school in Burscough there were kids from Holmeswood, Mere Brow, Rufford, Newburgh, Parbold, Mawdsley, Lathom, Bescar Lane and Scarisbrick.
    On Google news recently a thread about Lancashires prettiest villages cropped up and half of those were on the list plus Heskin and Bretherton.

I live 5 mins away in Rufford ...Hesketh Bank / Tarleton is really quite pleasant rural very low crime, mainly surrounded by farmland village is ok usual stuff Spar, Co-Op, 2 pubs, chinese (excellent Yung chow fried rice)..some good restaurants within 5 minutes drive, as others have said motorway access a bit of a drag that said head North to Preston and theres a few cut throughs to M6 / M61 / M65....for M57/m58/M62. Your down the A59 to either Switch island or cut through Ormskirk / Westhead to pick up there.....the downside to rural living, but you get fresh air and some lovely canal walks etc.....easy access to Preston, Southport and Ormskirk ....which are in varying degrees a shadow of their former selves with most shops boarded up...but beach at Southport is quite nice...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks all for the info. We are looking is the Burscough, lydiate, Aughton, Ormskirk area and this has popped up.

I am originally from the NW but not familiar that far out. Job wise Mrs is in the NHS and has a few options for work. I will work away a few days a week so not really driven by location, near a train staton is always a bonus.

Do we need a mini-meet for the region after the end of C-19? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Do we need a mini-meet for the region after the end of C-19? 
    Think we do Hesketh or Hop Vine ..?...

Middo....take a look at Rufford ,Burscough and Parbold.......canal goes through all 3 which is nice and each have reasonable access to road networks and each has a train station....

yeah for me Burscough is a great place to live - we even have a expensive craft beer off-license!

Plus the rail lines are good if you want to go out without car.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Big fan of the Hop Vine, the Christmas shepherds pie is belting.

Just heard from the Mrs that the property in Hesketh Bank is under offer. Only went on the market yesterday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Big fan of the Hop Vine, the Christmas shepherds pie is belting.

Just heard from the Mrs that the property in Hesketh Bank is under offer. Only went on the market yesterday.
    The Hop Vine is the Royal isn't it ?
    I usually meet my old mates at xmas.
    We either go round Ornskirk or Burscough and if its Billyland, start in the Nelson then the Royal and Cambridge.
    Last edited by RD200; 23rd October 2020 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    The Hop Vine is the Royal isn't it ?
    I usually meet my old mates at xmas.
    We either go round Ornskirk or Burscough and if its Billyland, start in the Nelson then the Royal and Cambridge.
    Yes - became the Hop about ten years ago?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Yes - became the Hop about ten years ago?
    Cheers 👍
    10 years ago is like last week to me ☹

Master
    Easiest way to the motorway is through Leyland.

Tarleton is a nice place. Used to have an apprentice who lived there. At least decent pub. Nice rural area, a good primary school. And easy access to both Preston and Southport.
    Also close enough to visit some other lovely rural villages like Bretherton or Croston. (Some excellent pubs in Croston) for me I’d prefer Croston to Tarleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again for the info, as soon as practicable I plan to get up there and have a look round. As for Croston, I have heard nothing but good things.