closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which Faraday signal blocker pouch for Tiguan mk2 keyfob?

Craftsman

Question Which Faraday signal blocker pouch for Tiguan mk2 keyfob?

Hi Guys

Anyone recommend a Faraday signal blocker pouch for Tiguan mk2 Keyfob? One that is relatively small to fit in jeans pocket?

Thank you

Regards
    Bins

Blog Entries
    I hadn't heard of those until now. I wanted to know more. My first hit on Google: https://www.4car.co.uk/best-car-key-signal-blocker/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I hadn't heard of those until now. I wanted to know more. My first hit on Google: https://www.4car.co.uk/best-car-key-signal-blocker/
    Yes those recommended on web sites are all big.
    Smallest one I have seen on the web is the Lanpard small pouch but just wondering if theres others

I have the larger ones (non-jean pocket type) but then I only use them for storing car keys in my house. I don't see the need for protecting the fob when I'm out and about. Are you sure you need it to be portable? As an aside, I'm not sure a Tiguan would be a key target for car thieves?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm not sure a Tiguan would be a key target for car thieves?
    I hope you're right. Anything that isnt stuck to the ground, is being nicked nowadays! I know R-Lines have been popular but not sure about other models

Master

Can you leave your key inside these but still open/start your car ?

Blog Entries
    Is it for when you are at home?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Can you leave your key inside these but still open/start your car ?
    No - need to take out when you go to the car

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post

Yes thats the one I was looking at in a small size to fit in my pocket.

Its for home and when out as well, ie, other peoples homes, not that its allowed at the moment ;-)

Master
    As I understand it, the pouches are to block the signal that the key is sending out permanently in order to allow the car to recognise you and let you in and start it. Thieves use a device to receive and then mimic the signal, fooling the car into thinking the key is there.

I don't know about VW (but I'm sure you can check), but with Mercedes cars, you can deactivate the key stopping it transmitting very easily by double pressing the lock button in quick succession (the LED on the key then glows for a couple of seconds to confirm). So no need for a pouch.

You reactivate the key when you need to use it by pressing any button on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No - need to take out when you go to the car

Thanks

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I have a GOLF R which is particularly attractive to thieves apparently. I got a cheap faraday pouch from evilbay about 18 months back, cost a couple of quid and worked. I test it every few weeks and a short time back it failed. However I have bought another cheap n cheerful off the bay again, another couple of quid. If i have to replace this one on a year no big deal really. Theres loads on there , and it really isnt necessary to spend a fortune on a ‘designer pouch’, just test it regularly and replace when needed. Fits easily into pockets as well

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I had no issues putting the larger pouch in the rear of my Jean pockets when out & about.

Larger size clearly makes no difference when home.

So glad my current car no longer has it. Worst invention ever I think, The foot waggle for the boot of my M4 worked about 10% of the time, if that!

Master
    My car came with it and I thought it was pretty pointless but it's surprising how quickly you get used to the convenience of just walking up to the car, opening the door, pushing the button and away.

100% success rate with the foot waggle, once I'd worked out that it's more of a kicking motion than a waggling one.

Craftsman
    I got comfort access with my car (it came with it as opposed to me speccing it). It is easily the feature I would most miss on a new car, despite not anticipating I would use it much at all. The boot waggle is useful but not as much as being able to unlock and open the door by just grabbing the handle.

Keyless ignition is good too but I haven’t had a car in 10 years that didn’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk