closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ceramic Bell & Ross, the square one, anyone got one?

Ceramic Bell & Ross, the square one, anyone got one?

I've had a quick search but ownership seems to be thin on the ground here and decent reviews are few and far between elsewhere. I've had a hankering for one of these for a while, just looking for some owners' perspectives before I do something silly.

Master
    Never owned one but wouldn't pay rrp Look for a sale or pre owned

Master
    Like you I was curious about them, until I saw the black dialled "Night Lume" one in a sale a few years ago at 30% off, and took the plunge. My enjoyment of the watch far exceeded my expectations. It was sold to fund another (as you do!) However, the bug was firmly planted and it wasn't long until I had another - the green dialled "Military" variant (which sits proudly on my wrist as I type) Again brought on sale, this time 35% off. If anything, I like this one even more than the first. I find them to be one of the most legible and comfortable watches I've ever worn.
    As the previous poster has said, best to avoid paying retail, but if you can get one at the right price, I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Skip; 21st October 2020 at 19:14.

Master

I owned the smaller quartz version for a while, which I think suits my small wrist better. It's an amazing watch for the money: ceramic case, super quartz movement, excellent build quality and very comfortable on the wrist. Even with a decent discount I lost quite a bit of money on it when I sold it on though, so better be sure before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Cheers! I had the green-dialled one "bought" a week ago for £1850 but good old Ernest Jones and their crappy stock control screwed that up for me. I have to admit, even at that price I breathed a sigh of relief when they cancelled the order, although the urge hasn't gone away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Not feeling that, I feel like legibility should be the name of the game with these relatively simple designs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Cheers! I had the green-dialled one "bought" a week ago for £1850 but good old Ernest Jones and their crappy stock control screwed that up for me. I have to admit, even at that price I breathed a sigh of relief when they cancelled the order, although the urge hasn't gone away.
    There was a few guys on here got the green ones from EJ when they first came on sale, I’m sure they’ll end up on SC at some time!

Ceramic Bell & Ross, the square one, anyone got one?

This is my BR03-92 Matte Black Ceramic, which I’ve had since February. I paid about £1950 (against £2700 retail) from a grey dealer on Chrono24 (watches world). It was shipped from the B&R boutique in Vienna.

You can see from my recent SOTC how it fits in with the others.

To summarise:

It isn’t long lug to lug, and it’s quite thin, so it is very easy to wear. The quality is quite exceptional for the money, and I love its legibility and the unique / iconic design. I wear mine a lot, but mainly evening and weekends, as it isn’t a versatile daily wearer.

It is a marmite watch and won’t suit all, but I love mine, and can say with confidence I won’t move it on.

I couldn’t recommend it highly enough

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 21st October 2020 at 22:30.

Craftsman
    They're quite striking and are good looking watches - something a little different.

Again not everyones cup of tea, but I have a BR-02 which I picked up pretty cheaply and have been so impressed with the quality. At the right price B&R is a great bang for the buck.

Craftsman
    I tried this grey one on at EJ and managed to get the extra 15% off so could have got it for £1785.
    I do like them but something stopped me buying it!
    Last edited by Gee252; 21st October 2020 at 21:41.

They are really out of fashion at the moment. I have a Military ( the old pvd steel one) and I love it but hardly ever wear it as it's perfect and I don't want to dink it
    You really need as big a discount as possible as they really tank!

Well this happened...

First impressions: nice little package, a bit different from the usual. Heavier than I expected the ceramic to be but feels really nice. The orange lume is absolute dog-egg. Size is good, nice and comfy.

Jury is still out. I like it but the reaction from other people has been less than complimentary and as much as we like to think we're free thinkers, comments like "that's f**king horrible" do take the shine off things. Or even worse; "I'm a wee bit indifferent to it." Still, I'm a contrary b**tard and I do enjoy a bit of oddball, so we'll see what happens!

Craftsman
    They look pretty big. What is the diameter in these? I know square watches wear bigger so maybe my eyes decieve me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    They look pretty big. What is the diameter in these? I know square watches wear bigger so maybe my eyes decieve me.

Not too big, 42mm.

Well I love it! I’m a sucker for orange markers and lume, and especially the sandwich dial, which your pictures don’t show so clearly.

They are a divisive watch, B&R appreciate this, and rather refreshingly, don’t care.

I think you’ve played a blinder

Have fun with it

Dave

B&R are not my cup of tea, but it looks good in orange. Only your opinion matters, f*** what others think.

P.S. Did the flight jacket come with it?
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 23rd October 2020 at 02:00. Reason: P.S.

Craftsman
    Not too big, 42mm.
    That is smaller than I was expecting. In terms of comments from others, ultimately if you enjoy wearing it, that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post

P.S. Did the flight jacket come with it?
    Unfortunately not Would it be really sad if I said I'd been scouring the internet for a decent facsimile of the original jacket? Cos I haven't... definitely not... nope, not me...

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    That is smaller than I was expecting. In terms of comments from others, ultimately if you enjoy wearing it, that is all that matters.

The BR01 is 46mm, which I reckon would be a bit silly, the 42mm BR03 is around what I feel would be the limit, for me anyway, of this style of case.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Well I love it! I’m a sucker for orange markers and lume, and especially the sandwich dial, which your pictures don’t show so clearly.

They are a divisive watch, B&R appreciate this, and rather refreshingly, don’t care.

I think you’ve played a blinder

Have fun with it

Dave

Always had a liking for these & U Boat & commend both for keeping a distinctive styling.

That is a great shot by the way

Brad

Craftsman
    The BR01 is 46mm, which I reckon would be a bit silly, the 42mm BR03 is around what I feel would be the limit, for me anyway, of this style of case.
    46mm! Yes that I think would be waaaaay too big. Unless you are someone with absolutely enormous wrists!

Craftsman
    That looks great.

That's an excellent shot of the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    That looks great.

That's an excellent shot of the dial.
    It’s one of the official release photos

D

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    It’s one of the official release photos

D

You should have kept the credit, I kept my gob shut!

You should have kept the credit, I kept my gob shut!
    It’s widely known that I could never be that good!

"I'm a wee bit indifferent to it."
    Man, that’s harsh ;)