closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More advert problems...anyone else get this?

More advert problems...anyone else get this?

I hate this websites adverts...they are probably even worse than the Daily Mail because they effect the functionality of the site (not being able to open the top two threads in a forum, auto scrolling the page etc). Now I get this...the first post in a thread is completely replaced by a huge advert that replaces the OPs text. Anyone else getting this?

So annoying. I also now have a video pane coming in from bottom left every few minutes that I have to click the x on.

Not seen that Christian. I did upgrade Tapatalk to VIP (think cost was only £20 or something) - not had advert issues since. I do still see them from time to time but as it’s rarely they must be more unobtrusive (is that a contradiction )

I still can't get into Watch Talk directly, been over 6 months now. I have to either click on someone's post on the right hand side or the recent posts at the top to sneak in through the back door.

Still getting ads including those little videos at the bottom left - mainly Amazon.

You sort of find ways around the issues and get used to it, after a few days you do what's needed on auto-pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Not seen that Christian. I did upgrade Tapatalk to VIP (think cost was only £20 or something) - not had advert issues since. I do still see them from time to time but as it’s rarely they must be more unobtrusive (is that a contradiction )
    I'd definitely pay to get full site functionality back...thanks, will look into this!

I view the full site via the Opera browser on both iPad and iPhone, zero ads.
    F.T.F.A.

I'm in 2 minds about this. On the one hand I appreciate that the advertising brings in revenue for the forum and, whilst I've no idea how much the running costs are, they must be substantial and entirely funded by the forum owner.
    OTOH, I've given up browsing on my phone (which is the far better platform for my daily life) as the adverts make it nigh-on impossible to read. Better on my laptop, but still intrusive enough to limit viewing photos or linked videos to the point I have to open them up in separate tabs.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

With me, it's not so much the ads, but that...'We value your Privacy' pop up. It comes on nearly every time I change the page. It's the same on Imgur 🤨

Blog Entries
    Using Safari on a Mac and iPhone.

Get this on the Mac..........small ads in first and last posts. Sometimes the little pop up at the bottom of the screen. Can't say it bothers me much. On the iPhone just get an ad at the very bottom after the last post.

No doubt different browsers and software reacts differently.

First post in thread.....

Last post in thread (at the time).....

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Only view forums on my desktop - never see any ads.

How people can read and post on forums via a phone is beyond me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Use Brave Browser, will solve all your problems on TZ and many other websites too

I use the "Adblocker" browser on Android - works a treat.

Had a new to me issue yesterday. Viewing via Chrome on my Android mobile the thread i was reading started to flick up and down on its own, I closed the video add that had popped up and it stopped...

- - - Updated - - -

Had a new to me issue yesterday. Viewing via Chrome on my Android mobile the thread i was reading started to flick up and down on its own, I closed the video add that had popped up and it stopped...

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I use the "Adblocker" browser on Android - works a treat.
    Just loaded this and then logged back on - perfect!

Master
    The ads are a pest but the worst of it are the totally irrelevant ones to me, and maybe others, how many Bentley buyers are on here, or how many here buy/wear woman’s underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    The ads are a pest but the worst of it are the totally irrelevant ones to me, and maybe others, how many Bentley buyers are on here, or how many here buy/wear woman’s underwear?

Yeah - we don't talk about that outside the Bear Pit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Nothing wrong with window shopping though.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.