closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: numberplatesdirect

numberplatesdirect

Bunch of cowboys!

I ordered a set of numberplates from the above outfit, 16 days ago. Their website says 1-3 days delivery...........NOTHING! received as of yet! Unable to phone them, (they do provide a phone number....but it goes unanswered, telling you to e-mail them!?).

Ive sent countless e-mails to them...one has been replied to, merely telling me "I can confirm they have been posted"? No date of postage, tracking details etc etc etc!

Just been trying to look for a phone number, or a means to contact them...no joy! Not a major problem of course! It was "only" about £25...it just really really! annoys me, when things like this happen, with seemingly no chance of me getting what I paid for!

moral of the story is...I should have went to Halfords!

Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I saw that..............AFTER! Id ordered them!

Master
    ebay is brilliant for number plates, and of course you can dispute if they don't arrive.

I've ordered several sets from various sellers.

Did they ask for your V5 docs Dany?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Did they ask for your V5 docs Dany?
    They did yes.

I sent them "photos" of them.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    ebay is brilliant for number plates, and of course you can dispute if they don't arrive.

I've ordered several sets from various sellers.
    Ordered a set of number plates from eBay around 2 weeks ago, messaged the seller to ask about the process and then paid I think £17, arrived 2 days later.

Halford plates, well the ones I had were crap, within a week they started to peel and separate on the edges due to water ingress.

Master
    Does no one use their local motor factors anymore? I charged £16+vat, ready in 5 minutes, if any (very, very rarely) suffered Halfrauds type failure, replacement would have been free.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Does no one use their local motor factors anymore? I charged £16+vat, ready in 5 minutes, if any (very, very rarely) suffered Halfrauds type failure, replacement would have been free.
    It’s just easier off eBay. No docs, and delivered to the door for less usually. The last set I got locally had crooked letters. Couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of going back. eBay for me from then on.

£8 a pair from my local motor factors. That’s ordering through my pal’s garage though.

I bought from Show Plates Express over summer and the plate arrived in 3 days. I never used it in the end but that's another story.

I ordered plates from these guys in Feb for my wife's birthday, no problems at all. I haven't compared prices. https://www.platesforcars.co.uk

Blog Entries
    I use these guys, plenty of choice and quick enough delivery.

https://www.showplatesexpress.com/pl...hoCV20QAvD_BwE
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I’ve used lots of eBay sellers as it was usually the only place to buy pressed metal plates. The most recent lot came from Chase Lane Plates for about £18 and they came with a set of very sticky fixings.
    I’m going to need a pair of standard plates soon and will most probably buy those online too

Thanks for the replies.

I have no local motor factors which sell numberplates......hence me getting them online!

I looked on e-bay first as it goes, though I would have had to send off my original documents, then I would have received the plates.

The reason I used numberplatesdirect, was because , I could sent off photos of the documentation they needed.............

Obviously though I received naff all! Just as well I didnt send of my original documents to them also!

It used to be easy to order numberplates....like everything else though...its a pain!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I use these guys, plenty of choice and quick enough delivery.

https://www.showplatesexpress.com/pl...hoCV20QAvD_BwE
    Also meant to say they are very good at 'show' plates as well!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

?!
    Stranger and stranger!.

I must have sent about 15-20 e-mails to these clowns over the last almost 3 weeks. I had one reply...saying theyve been sent out?

Today, in the space of the last 15 minutes Ive had about 6 emails...they have finally refunded me...after me saying they were rubbish!

Basically, they said some rubbish about once the plates have left them...."its not our problem?".

I ordered some plates from elsewhere yesterday..............."hopefully"! they will arrive!

My biggest "gripe" with these clowns, was that I send lots and lots of unanswered e-mails...with no reply, and seemingly no other way to contact them!.

Lesson learnt!!!!!,, Check for reviews..BEFORE!!! buying anything anywhere!

I paid £8 for just a rear from some guy on Amazon. No docs needed, which is good, cos i don't have any (leased car)

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I paid £8 for just a rear from some guy on Amazon. No docs needed, which is good, cos i don't have any (leased car)
    Good price!

I ended up getting some (well waiting! ) some from one of the places mentioned on this thread.

They also didnt need me to send off the documents.

People "slag off" D.V.L.A. personally though, my documents came back within a week.! Just wish the numberplates themselves were as quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I paid £8 for just a rear from some guy on Amazon.