closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: International postage question

International postage question

Hi, I am sure this has been discussed previously but can't find any recent threads, maybe someone can assist.
    What would be the best way to send a watch, no box papers etc, to Scandinavia ? It needs to be insured for £1,000 and I have not had much luck searching on line, will the Post Office consider this ??
    Thanks for any assistance.

The problem with Royal Mail is the insurance level throws the price away up to near £100 or more, and forces ParcelFarce to be the courier.

I sent a £2,700 item this week to Holland by UPS (via parcel2go) for £16 with additional EUR18 of Secursus 3rd party insurance - easy and secure and circa. £30 all-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    The problem with Royal Mail is the insurance level throws the price away up to near £100 or more, and forces ParcelFarce to be the courier.

I sent a £2,700 item this week to Holland by UPS (via parcel2go) for £16 with additional EUR18 of Secursus 3rd party insurance - easy and secure and circa. £30 all-in.
    Thanks for that, it sounds altogether more reasonable.

Use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed For (about £15) plus Secursus additional insurance.

Try parcel2go.com

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    The problem with Royal Mail is that they don't even offer insurance for watches over £250.

Parcel Farce doesn't cover them at all:

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...e-compensation

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The problem with Royal Mail is that they don't even offer insurance for watches over £250.

Parcel Farce doesn't cover them at all:

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...e-compensation
    That is worrying to see - recently sent a watch to the Netherlands for some work, and I stated the contents was a mechanical watch, and would like insurance to cover the full value. Paid an additional ~£20 for that insurance.

I guess the staff either don't know watches aren't covered, or just want to take the extra for meaningless insurance.

Thank you for the alert! Shan't be doing that again.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    That is worrying to see - recently sent a watch to the Netherlands for some work, and I stated the contents was a mechanical watch, and would like insurance to cover the full value. Paid an additional ~£20 for that insurance.

I guess the staff either don't know watches aren't covered, or just want to take the extra for meaningless insurance.

Thank you for the alert! Shan't be doing that again.
    I'd like to think it was the former because the alternative is that they're dishonestly obtaining money under false pretences. But if the former, they really should know what's covered and what isn't - they ask what's in the parcel often enough.

RM International Tracked and Signed-for has always been max £250 cover and Parcel Farce have never covered watches.