closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega smp 300m v tudor bb58

I went in to two local stores today ready to buy a white dial SMP300m. Forget 30%, they wouldn't even go to 20% although one came close at 15%. The other was stuck at 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I went in to two local stores today ready to buy a white dial SMP300m. Forget 30%, they wouldn't even go to 20% although one came close at 15%. The other was stuck at 10%.
    Make some calls. Omega dealers aren't precious like R, they might be able to post it out and take payment over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Make some calls. Omega dealers aren't precious like R, they might be able to post it out and take payment over the phone.
    I'm tempted to do that, cheers. The white dial is so nice 😍

Not having much luck even at 20%. If someone knows any dealers who are likely to play ball please pm me :-)

EDIT: Got 18%. Still trying.

2nd EDIT: Inbox now cleared :-)
    Last edited by beechcustom; 27th October 2020 at 13:40.

My local store has said they'd do 18% (£3650.00). Sounds reasonable given that I've rang around everyone and that's the best I could get. Am I doing it wrong or should I just go for it?

Just my 2c

If they will do 18% they will do 20%

I doubt they’d walk for £60 but then again, neither should you.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Just my 2c

If they will do 18% they will do 20%

I doubt they’d walk for £60 but then again, neither should you.
    They let me walk earlier. Back there now about to buy it ☺

They let me walk earlier. Back there now about to buy it ☺
    Make sure they give you 20% then

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Make sure they give you 20% then
    Or bung in a rubber strap or some swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Or bung in a rubber strap or some swag.
    NOW you’re talking

Finally got home with this...

Really nice. I'd have that over a Black Bay any day which makes me wonder why I've had two Black Bays and not on Seamaster.

Blog Entries
    Great watch. And a great heritage behind it as well. Enjoy!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Well done lovely watch. Congratulations

Craftsman
    Let’s see how the haggling goes in Hull for a Seamaster tomorrow. Congratulations on the purchase.

Really nice. I'd have that over a Black Bay any day which makes me wonder why I've had two Black Bays and not on Seamaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Great watch. And a great heritage behind it as well. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Well done lovely watch. Congratulations
    Many thanks gents. I'm really pleased with it and I'm so glad I went with the white dial. It's very difficult for dive watches to not borrow at least something from the iconic Submariner but the Seamaster 300m manages to do everything on it's own terms. Every aspect of the watches design from the bracelet, case, crown guards, bezel, dial with waves, skeleton hands, the utterly superfluous He valve are all uniquely Seamaster and I love it for it. The white ceramic dial adds yet more uniqueness imo. Also, how refreshing is it to actually go into a store and be able to see and try on all the dial variants??
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Let’s see how the haggling goes in Hull for a Seamaster tomorrow. Congratulations on the purchase.
    I didn't manage to get more than 18% off but best of luck to you. I imagine face to face is a better tactic so fingers crossed!

Well done on the purchase, you got a great deal there. I never considered the Seamaster, felt the bracelet looked dated, however the latest iteration just works. The bracelet with the adjustment clasp is well engineered and I like the fact that Omega has not attempted to redesign this with a taper, keeping the original design cues.

Master
    Congrats on your purchase the white dial is lovely, at 18% its still a decent discount, well done and hope you enjoy it!

Master

Omega smp 300m v tudor bb58

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Shall we give them a clue at least?

It begins with applouse:
    Not really sure on your point? As I’ve said countless times I’m not prepared to go against the AD wishes- I was fortunate to get the deal, not about to jeopardise any potential further purchases from them-
    Last edited by Rob153; 28th October 2020 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Not really sure on your point? As I’ve said countless times I’m not prepared to go against the AD wishes- I was fortunate to get the deal, not about to jeopardise any potential further purchases from them-
    Just teasing you, lighten up. I've bought from that AD as well so I recognise the email

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Just teasing you, lighten up. I've bought from that AD as well so I recognise the email
    Guess I was getting a bit fed up with pm’s asking me who it was, even after stating I wouldn’t give out their name... I Used to get the forum a 20% Discount from another Dealer, even when I told people do not ask for more as it’ll annoy the dealer, and they’ll withdraw the offer, yep you guessed it people would ring up mention my name and start trying to haggle more of a discount, some people can’t help themselves.........
    Last edited by Rob153; 28th October 2020 at 11:37.

Had the BB58 and previous-gen Seamaster 300 Pro (James Bond), both lovely watches but very different in terms of their character. The BB58 was more reserved, low profile yet has a good case profile (39mm). The SMP was more beefed up, especially with the untapered bracelet (20mm at the attachment points, 20mm at the clasp). In terms of build quality, they were comparable, which means the newer gen SMP should be a notch better than the BB58, with added features such as display caseback, micro-adjustment on the clasp etc. The only thing that stopped me from upgrading was the case profile, tried one on at Bond st, felt massive on my wrist...

And yes at least 20% discount from AD, more from grey market on the Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by jsong6688 View Post
    And yes at least 20% discount from AD, more from grey market on the Omega.
    I disagree. I rang pretty much every Omega retailer in the UK yesterday and the best I could get was 18%. Most were 5 to 10%. The cheapest grey I've found is Watches Of Mayfair and even they aren't offering 18%, plus they source product form abroad so their RRPs are based on exchange rates so you are getting 17% off a higher RRP. The pound is on it's arse and it doesn't look likely to recover any time soon so I think we are in for a period where the best price is achieved via discounted UK retail.

Master
    Cheapest I'd found in a short internet search about 6-8 weeks ago was watches of Mayfair with 21% at the time. Hepinstalls close behind with 20%. I'd saved them link to Hepinstalls (as that was a watch on bracelet, the other was on rubber). However that link now gives a 404 error.

Is this a price change coming through, a restriction on supply, or just a few weeks of closer to RRP so black Friday and Christmas sales look a better deal? I have no idea but I'd say don't panic and wait, unless you'need' the watch by a date nearly upon us.

Maybe the white is harder to get a discount on? It is technically a newer release.

Master
    Oh and next was Beaverbrooks. I've not gone back to check if it's changed, but Beaverbrooks were offering 16.5% cashback through topcashback.

Master
    M1011, which ad? 😂

Odd that Omega don't sell the rubber straps separately on their website. I'd really like to see mine (white dial) on a white rubber strap.

Guess I was getting a bit fed up with pm’s asking me who it was, even after stating I wouldn’t give out their name... I Used to get the forum a 20% Discount from another Dealer, even when I told people do not ask for more as it’ll annoy the dealer, and they’ll withdraw the offer, yep you guessed it people would ring up mention my name and start trying to haggle more of a discount, some people can’t help themselves.........
    Fair enough mate - I've edited accordingly

Bit like when Ryan set something similar up. I think someone went to Omega to ask if it was real because it seemed too cheap. The good Samaritan...

Master
    Right Beaverbrooks via topcashback, 13.2% off

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    I had a Rolex Submariner and an Explorer which I never wore. I fancied getting the new Bond Seamaster so started shuffling pieces around. In the end I sold the Submariner and Explorer and ended up with two Seamasters for not much more than the Bond Seamaster would have cost me. To be honest the only thing about the Submariner which is superior to the Seamaster's is the bezel movement. These new Seamaster's are sublime, really nice watches. I bought the black and then the white dial but didn't really like that so swapped it for the blue.

Totally agree the Seamaster is a cracking watch for the money and i sold my SD43 and bought a black one on a bracelet and put £6500 in the bank... a complete no brainer.

Craftsman
    Well after a trip to out today, although this maybe an unpopular choice I think I’m going with the BB58. The local dealer had two in stock which although this was good for trying on the bracelet and the nato they were unfortunately in the wrong colour combos
    Think I’ll be now on the hunt for a BB58 Blue with either the standard bracelet or the leather strap. The size, fit and colour combo just felt right and the price point is really good.

If anyone does want a BB58 black on a bracelet or a BB58 blue on a nato Hugh rice in Hull have both in and ask for Leanne.

Master
    Bit like when Ryan set something similar up. I think someone went to Omega to ask if it was real because it seemed too cheap. The good Samaritan...
    Tell me about it- I got a fair few 20% discounts for TZ members, on the whole everyone was spot when dealing with the AD. Unfortunately there will always be idiots that spoil it, I remember Ryan doing the offer and the unfortunate hassle it caused him!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Right Beaverbrooks via topcashback, 13.2% off
    Is this on top of any deal the store gives or simply 13% off?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Well after a trip to out today, although this maybe an unpopular choice I think I’m going with the BB58. The local dealer had two in stock which although this was good for trying on the bracelet and the nato they were unfortunately in the wrong colour combos
    Think I’ll be now on the hunt for a BB58 Blue with either the standard bracelet or the leather strap. The size, fit and colour combo just felt right and the price point is really good.

If anyone does want a BB58 black on a bracelet or a BB58 blue on a nato Hugh rice in Hull have both in and ask for Leanne.
    take it no discount on the black one :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    take it no discount on the black one :-)
    No discount as such but being from Yorkshire I had to try and haggle. I think a token gift of a Watch winder or additional strap wouldn’t of been too far out of reach. Owt for nowt is a win I guess on a popular watch.

Master
    Is this on top of any deal the store gives or simply 13% off?

online. 13.2% off full price items and although some stuff is excluded, Omega aren't. iirc its 4.5% off reduced price items. the seamaster is full price with them

Omega smp 300m v tudor bb58

Great thread and if i had to have just one watch it would most likely be one of these two, how do you decide, is the Omega really that good?
    If you could get 25% of the Omega i feel it would be worth the extra over the Tudor...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 24th January 2021 at 22:55.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Great thread and if i had to have just one watch it would most likely be one of these two, how do you decide, is the Omega really that good?
    If you could get 25% of the Omega i feel it would be worth the extra over the Tudor...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The SMP300 is quite a bit more chunky than the BB58. I think that would be the biggest difference.

Journeyman
    Anybody know of any decent discounts on the 300m blue on the bracelet? Ready to buy just want the best deal

Anybody know of any decent discounts on the 300m blue on the bracelet? Ready to buy just want the best deal
    I think Tudor is the way to go though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps if you wait a bit longer Omega might lower the prices. Or maybe they'll...

In other news GS&W has sold 3 full set mint BB58 Blues for 2400-2450 in the past few days... really good value I think

Here we go again...

Master
    Don’t be making any hasty decisions now. Think it through and make sure it’s what you really, really want. Above all other possibilities out there. Are you really longing with desire for one, or just experiencing occasional stirrings of desire? Does it sing a siren song to you? If not you may wish to return to the drawing board.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 18th March 2021 at 01:31.

Ready to buy
    Lol.

The best deal is not always the cheapest.....

I don't want to muddy the waters, but I have heard of a collaboration between Omega and Tudor, and funnily enough the plan seems to be to take the best of the SMP 300M and the BB58, and build a whole new watch. It may be what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    In other news GS&W has sold 3 full set mint BB58 Blues for 2400-2450 in the past few days... really good value I think

What's GS&W?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk