closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega smp 300m v tudor bb58

Journeyman

Omega smp 300m v tudor bb58

I looked at the omega last night and the tudor (black) the omega seems a lot better built a lot more expensive looking the bracelet is lovely. At £4450 what can I get this down to? Every penny counts my budget is £3000 I know this wont happen but from the experts on here what should I pay and where from?

I have no idea on exact figures but I would look at one of the grey dealers such as Iconic. If you have not done so check out Chrono 24 as this will give you a better idea.
    I think the SM300 is a much better looking watch (especially the grey dial - which has grown on me).
    Lightly used might be another option?

Master
    Avoid the Omega Boutiques and you will find a AD willing to discount- Make enough enquiries and you should get over 20%, 30 can be achieved but you’ll have to catch the right dealer on the right day....

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    I looked at the omega last night and the tudor (black) the omega seems a lot better built a lot more expensive looking the bracelet is lovely. At £4450 what can I get this down to? Every penny counts my budget is £3000 I know this wont happen but from the experts on here what should I pay and where from?

Agree with the above. 20% should be achievable (I don't think you'll get much more than this) from an independent Omega dealer. Don't waste you time with boutiques.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree with the above. 20% should be achievable (I don't think you'll get much more than this) from an independent Omega dealer. Don't waste you time with boutiques.
    What is the point in the boutiques if they won't do a deal!

Journeyman
    If someone can point me to 30% i will call and pay now!

What is the point in the boutiques if they won't do a deal!
    They are for people who don't care about the extra cost and think it's worth foregoing the discount to get a better purchasing experience and not bother spending time hunting around for money off the RRP.

Master
    I ended up with 30%- I made about 5 enquiries, discounts ranged from 10% upwards. My local AD used to give me 20%, plenty of people from here benefited from that discount, unfortunately they are no longer an AD (their choice)

If someone can point me to 30% i will call and pay now!

Blog Entries
    Look out for sales from standard retailers often after Christmas or sometimes random times of year. The boutiques won’t give you much discount but others will. Or check second hand market for a lightly used version.

Try Dominic at https://www.hackettwatches.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year a few ADs made quite a big deal out of Black Friday. You might find something if you wait til then.

Otherwise there are new examples with box and papers from dealers on C24 starting at £3200

Journeyman
    30% would take the bracelet version to just over £3000. That is a deal. If anyone knows where i can get this please let me know and i will jump on it and treat you

Master
    [IMG][/IMG]

I got my discount on the premise that I didn’t share that they discounted it by 30%- Perhaps i caught them on a good day, targets etc.... I’ve just put the picture up to show 30% can be achieved, I didn’t have any previous dealings with them, just got a bit lucky i think.

Master
    That is a great discount to achieve. well done. It shows that there are some good deals to be had out there

Master
    Yes, just shows what can be achieved with a little perseverance and luck.......

Journeyman
    30% is great discount. Glad to hear you got it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I ended up with 30%- I made about 5 enquiries, discounts ranged from 10% upwards. My local AD used to give me 20%, plenty of people from here benefited from that discount, unfortunately they are no longer an AD (their choice)
    That's a shame, as mine was a seamless experience - thank you Rob!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    That's a shame, as mine was a seamless experience - thank you Rob!
    They were a very good AD, always went the extra mile. TBF even without the extra discount incentive I always liked dealing with them, nothing ever too much trouble, always went out of their way to help.

I can imagine there’s quite a few people on here walking around with Omega product sourced from them!

Journeyman
    That is some deal! Who is the AD? I cant see who it is? I will contact them

I’ve been looking at the Seamaster300 recently, love the dial and play in different lighting situations.
    Going to look at one this week at a local AD. The white dial looks great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I’ve been looking at the Seamaster300 recently, love the dial and play in different lighting situations.
    Going to look at one this week at a local AD. The white dial looks great.
    The white dial is certainly stunning, I preferred mine on the rubber strap, just think the bracelet looks so dated nowadays- I’ve literally just swapped it for a 300 Master, I did say that a I’d never let the white dial go as loved the dial, then again I did have a 300 Master a few years back and said I’d never get rid of it, guess what.........

Damn this watch buying malarkey.

Master
    Very different watches and a quite different price point. I think the omega is technically a better watch but the 58 looks nicer. I’d like to add a white dial variant of the seamaster at some stage... maybe... the bracelet style, hev, skeleton hands and different line colours put me off a bit.

20% should be achievable quite easily calling a few AD’s.

Journeyman
    Anyone know the AD with 30%?

Make a few enquiries.

Master
    I won’t name the Dealer, they asked me not to mention their name and I’ll respect their wishes.

Maybe I was lucky, all I’d suggest is to try a few AD and see what they say, that’s all I did....

Journeyman
    Ok can you at least tell me the area or town. It's not a secret is it I'm buying a watch. I appreciate any help

- - - Updated - - -

Or pm me

Master
    I would suggest that you figure out your discounted target price, for the specific watch, and email all the ADs that you can get an address for, telling them that this is your budget. Just ask that, if in any future sale/promotion/Black Friday event etc they may be able to fulfill your order, to please contact you and you will complete a purchase immediately.
    This approach may produce a result sooner than you would think. Make sure that they all can see that you've targeted a wide range of dealers and obviously you'll buy the first one offered. Hint - do include ADs in Northern Ireland, specifically Enniskillen.

Ok can you at least tell me the area or town. It's not a secret is it I'm buying a watch. I appreciate any help

- - - Updated - - -

Or pm me
    I think you just need to call around. Telling you the area is pretty much telling you the AD and if an AD has asked not to have a discount publicised then its not great to go against their request like this.

I managed 20% by phoning round random independent dealers. Although, I think I'd try a WTB here first and go secondhand. There's a sedna and steel SMP on SC now.
    Last edited by Christian; 21st October 2020 at 10:51.

Journeyman
    I think you just need to call around. Telling you the area is pretty much telling you the AD and if an AD has asked not to have a discount publicised then its not great to go against their request like this.

I managed 20% by phoning round random independent dealers. Although, I think I'd try a WTB here first and go secondhand. There's a sedna and steel SMP on SC now.
    Thanks, i am a few posts away from looking at this i believe. What model is it and cost?

Master

I don’t think the OP will have access to the SC yet.
    I totally agree that random independent dealers are more likely to give a decent discount, particularly a distance sale to someone on the other side of the country. It’s a sale they otherwise would never have had and at -30% they’ve still got a profit. For a smaller high street dealer £3k is still a chunk of cash flow in these uncertain times for retailers.
    The email approach certainly works for cars. Using this method you will get a new Audi with the dealer netting about £100 profit. Not hard to figure how I know this. Beats the ‘customer experience’ of mediocre coffee and a bunch of flowers that has cost me about £4000.

Master
    Please don’t think I’m being rude not telling anyone, like I’ve said dealer gave me the discount on the proviso that I didn’t give out their name.

Like other people have suggested make some calls, send some polite emails and I’m sure you’ll get a decent deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks, i am a few posts away from looking at this i believe. What model is it and cost?
    It’s this model...

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-D...EaApHlEALw_wcB

Seller is asking £3300.

Might give you an idea of what secondhand prices are. I’d definitely recommend a WTB...it’s never failed for me and I think you have access?

It might be worth calling Harrington & Hallworth, they have a couple of shops around Manchester. Their Ashton shop used to have Omegas discounted in the window quite often, but I’m not sure if they still sell the brand. Worth a call!

Journeyman
    Some cracking people on here thanks folks

The white dial is certainly stunning, I preferred mine on the rubber strap, just think the bracelet looks so dated nowadays- I’ve literally just swapped it for a 300 Master, I did say that a I’d never let the white dial go as loved the dial, then again I did have a 300 Master a few years back and said I’d never get rid of it, guess what.........

Damn this watch buying malarkey.
    Tried on both the black and white dial earlier this week. Have to say the white is stunning. According to the AD this is the most popular dial variant. I initially disliked the bracelet having seen pictures/videos online. However in person I felt it works well and follows the DNA of the original Pierce Brosnan Seamaster. The clasp is a bit bigger than the usual Omega clasps but this is well balanced against the size of the watch.

Anyway, Couldn't resist, pulled the trigger with a health 15% discount and a free rubber strap.

Journeyman
    Spectacular discount, and congratulations on getting the watch you wanted.

Craftsman
    Avoid the Omega Boutiques and you will find a AD willing to discount- Make enough enquiries and you should get over 20%, 30 can be achieved but you’ll have to catch the right dealer on the right day....
    I agree with this too. I’ve bought a handful of Omegas brand new, I’ve never paid full price for a new one. The discount varied from place to place. At best I got about 30% off, at worst about 18-20%. Not all dealers were willing to do it and not all dealers offered the same discount. I shopped around, went to a good few and as the posters above me have said, I caught the right person on the right day each time.

The key for me was to persevere and keep looking.

Each time I did it, I did it slightly differently.

Easiest was that I went in, asked the salesman if he wanted the easiest sale of the week, told him exactly what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay. He went off to ask the manager and came back with the watch and shook my hand.

Most challenging had me sat for an hour or so admiring a watch and working the salesman and then the manager down. I told them I wanted it there and then - what was the best price. They gave me a price I didn’t fancy, I pitched low and during a conversation about watches, he worked me higher and I brought the price lower again. We settled more toward my start than his.

If you feel comfortable having those sorts of chats, this is not difficult and can be a lot of fun. If you’re not, well, it’ll feel like pulling teeth.

The new SMP is spectacular, I’m sure you’ll love it.

Is the BB58 Blue available at discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    probably not
    AD telling the truth then :). They did have two in stock though.

I'm going to offer an alternative view here. Which watch do you want most?
    FWIW I think your analysis is spot on. My SMP is, to my eyes, better made than my Rolex GMT.
    But that's not the point, My Rolex is my almost daily wearer, the SMP gets the odd outing and my Tudor Blackbay is now my Sunday watch.
    Mood and that intangible thing that some folks call "bonding" is just as important in this hobby. My Smiths Everest probably gets more wrist time than my Zenith Chrono and I almost never wear my vintage pieces.

Craftsman
    After posting about the best 2-3k Watch I think this is a thread for me to watch. If 30% off the omega is achievable from new and it feels right I think I may have found the one.

Op if you get a deal feel free to drop me a PM with the dealerS details, maybe the offer of two quick sales could sway them In your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    After posting about the best 2-3k Watch I think this is a thread for me to watch. If 30% off the omega is achievable from new and it feels right I think I may have found the one.

Op if you get a deal feel free to drop me a PM with the dealerS details, maybe the offer of two quick sales could sway them In your favour.
    Sorry to chip in but I just tried the SMP 300m today. Very, very impressed. The bracelet and overall quality of the piece is very impressive and they look great. I was surprised by how well it wore too. At 42mm I expected it to dwarf my 7 inch wrists but it honestly wears SMALLER than my BLNR. How is that possible???

I tried the white, blue and black dials and rejected the blue straight away. It looks odd to my eyes. The white face is better and for a while it was a toss up between the white and black dial but in the end I think I'd go with the black dial. It looks so classy. So, at 30% off I'm definitely in so please feel free to share any info on good dealers to approach for such a discount via PM. I'm 100% ready to buy so maybe three quick sales could sway them further?

Journeyman
    Me too. It seems nobody can give the 30% ive rang the earth the best i can get is 21%

Would be quite tempted by 21% but I must be good as I am saving up for the Snoopy 50th.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Sorry to chip in but I just tried the SMP 300m today. Very, very impressed. The bracelet and overall quality of the piece is very impressive and they look great. I was surprised by how well it wore too. At 42mm I expected it to dwarf my 7 inch wrists but it honestly wears SMALLER than my BLNR. How is that possible???

I tried the white, blue and black dials and rejected the blue straight away. It looks odd to my eyes. The white face is better and for a while it was a toss up between the white and black dial but in the end I think I'd go with the black dial. It looks so classy. So, at 30% off I'm definitely in so please feel free to share any info on good dealers to approach for such a discount via PM. I'm 100% ready to buy so maybe three quick sales could sway them further?
    I also expected the 42mm to wear large for the size, but was surprised by how well it wore. I bought the white, but the black offered more light play with the laser etched bezel. I think for the price point and availability, these are hard to beat. The rubber strap works very well with this watch. My AD offered this free of charge to complete the deal - so do ask.

I also expected the 42mm to wear large for the size, but was surprised by how well it wore. I bought the white, but the black offered more light play with the laser etched bezel. I think for the price point and availability, these are hard to beat. The rubber strap works very well with this watch. My AD offered this free of charge to complete the deal - so do ask.
    I'm actually leaning towards the white dial now. It's so unusual but it works.

I found this helped with the decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BcLbzKYpI

I found this helped with the decision.
    This had me chomping at the bit. Odd guy but good video.
    https://youtu.be/nWfddteRR7I

Thanks for those enabling videos. Will have a good perv at them later. I took wrist shots of the two today:

Please don’t think I’m being rude not telling anyone, like I’ve said dealer gave me the discount on the proviso that I didn’t give out their name.

Like other people have suggested make some calls, send some polite emails and I’m sure you’ll get a decent deal.
    Edited to respect anonymity

OP has got his watch now
    Last edited by M1011; 28th October 2020 at 14:46.