closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Ebel Discovery chronograph 43mm

New Ebel Discovery chronograph 43mm

I'm not sure if this model is actually new but the blue dial vesion probably is. Well it was at Ebel's Facebook site so I thought it was new.

Thoughts?

So horribly dated. I don't think there's a manufacturer with a worse signature look than Ebel. Not even Movado.

Very good movement in there I believe
    Wish they could align the slots in those screws around the bezel though....

Massively underrated brand - Ebel was the first decent watch that I had (after a Tag, natch). These days I can't get past the unaligned screw heads around the bezel; I know it can't be resolved whilst they use a genuine screw solution, but to my mind they should either go down the AP route or do away with them completely.

I think this blue dial version looks pretty damn good. Nothing "dated" about the looks. It's just their characteristic design... just like AP and Hublot... love it or hate it.

I certainly don't see it as a horrible signature look, it's distinctive to the brand and pretty nice IMO. The screws don't bother me either.

Not keen on the date window and also unsure the colour suits the design, but otherwise very nice. Looks like they've moved away from their limiting bracelet /strap attachment system which is good thing as leaves far more options to play around with straps.

I guess your perspective on whether their look is dated is really whether you like or not.

I remember really wanting a Ebel in the early days when Boris Becker was ambassador after winning those early Wimbledon titles and I was really big into tennis.

Yes they do fundamentally look very similar to their designs from Late 80's and early 90's but really most brands do subject to a few modern refinements.

I suspect most buyers would be pleasantly surprised what you would get for the money.........as long as you don't pay list!

Really does nothing for me, I can just see lots of other watch designs botched in one watch.

Bit like cobbling together the 10 best parts of 10 Victoria's secret models... No, actually that would look pretty damn amazing but you get what I mean..

It's very 90s looking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    It's very 90s looking to me.
    And me - which is no bad thing, TBF I quite like it because of it's nod to the 90s.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    And me - which is no bad thing, TBF I quite like it because of it's nod to the 90s.
    I am just not a nostalgic person even though the 90s were when I came of age.