closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Edd Hall's Boxing Update

Master
    Blog Entries

Edd Hall's Boxing Update

Hall's boxing skills improving leaps and bounds.

https://youtu.be/SW4AjASKWtU
    Last edited by Bry1975; 18th October 2020 at 19:59.

Craftsman
    I think his boxing fundamentals are extremely poor. I've seen a few of his youtube videos and has very limited skill. He can clearly hit very hard (which isnt surprising) but he should tone down the power and focus on speed and footwork.

Master
    He's not really trying to get into boxing is he? If he is he's got a hell of a lot of work to do, he's poor. Watched it with the sound off so couldn't really tell if he was just using boxing as training.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve stopped watching eddies videos, he does anything now just to get views etc I’ve found, it’s real bottom feeding stuff now and he become extremely annoying plus you can clearly tell he isn’t really training for Boxing just going through the motions

Blog Entries
    At least he has lost a lot of weight. Which is good. Reading through older posts here, EH is mentioned as very nice guy with a massive will-power to achieve a goal. But does he have the hard-boiled attitude of a boxer?

Just have a look at Mike Tyson's Insta page to see the difference...

I'm sure he can punch hard, but his head and body movement is going to be zero, he'll be a punching bag for anyone with half-decent skills. He'll surely gas quickly too, that size served him well when doing a lot of work for a short period of time, not so much when it comes to keeping it up for multiple rounds when some guy is (probably) punching you in the face at will. I'd like to be proven wrong, the world of heavyweight boxing is littered with big guys who achieved against the odds, but then they were doing it all their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    He's not really trying to get into boxing is he? If he is he's got a hell of a lot of work to do, he's poor. Watched it with the sound off so couldn't really tell if he was just using boxing as training.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    He is training for his fight against Hafthor Bjornsson in Vegas next September. It seems boxing is the sport of choice for making a quick few £££‘S. They do have some history which will help sell the fight.

To be fair, for his size and weight I don’t think his speed is that bad. He will be quicker than Thor and I imagine he won’t gas as quickly but he would need to keep those hands up against Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    He is training for his fight against Hafthor Bjornsson in Vegas next September. It seems boxing is the sport of choice for making a quick few £££‘S. They do have some history which will help sell the fight.

To be fair, for his size and weight I don’t think his speed is that bad. He will be quicker than Thor and I imagine he won’t gas as quickly but he would need to keep those hands up against Thor.
    Ah, is that who he is fighting? Here's a silly video of Hafthor "sparring" with Conor McGregor...

https://youtu.be/Aaehn1aY8Ig

What does it show? Erm... not much, Hafthor is in jeans and so probably not taking it seriously, and it was 4 years ago. Playing around or not, I think there is a clear lack of speed and any sort of skills whatsoever, he looked utterly clueless.

So Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson... it'll be two monsters throwing unaimed bombs for 30 seconds until one of them gasses and goes down.

Except he wasn't keeping his hands up. At all
    He started every single one of those combinations with both hands at his waist.
    If he fights like that, with a trunk as immobile as his, he will have his features re-arranged before he can get his combos working.
    Keeping your hands up is hard work in and of itself, it is one of the reasons that training gloves are lighter than competition gloves, to train for the effort of holding them up.
    I am very surprised I didn't hear his trainer comment on hand height once.

They would be better in a MMA style, at least if your blowing out you can go to ground, imagine that lump on you going for the ground and pound, I'd just tap out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Ah, is that who he is fighting? Here's a silly video of Hafthor "sparring" with Conor McGregor...

https://youtu.be/Aaehn1aY8Ig

What does it show? Erm... not much, Hafthor is in jeans and so probably not taking it seriously, and it was 4 years ago. Playing around or not, I think there is a clear lack of speed and any sort of skills whatsoever, he looked utterly clueless.

So Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson... it'll be two monsters throwing unaimed bombs for 30 seconds until one of them gasses and goes down.
    Ponderous, is the word that came to mind.

Master
    I love Eddie.

His mindset is about as Alpha as it gets but this fight is going to be a shitshow.

They are both too big and have started boxing too late.

It will likely come down to the first one to catch the other.

Saying all that Eddie looks handier than Thor in training I think.

Also how difficult is it to find sparring partners at their weight?

They are both among the top 0.00001% of humans in size and weight.

It's all a bit of nonsense.

I'm obviously still going to watch it!