closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: South/West London Park and Ride

Craftsman

South/West London Park and Ride

We are looking at spending some time in London over the Christmas holidays and then venturing onto the South West for a few nights/or maybe in the opposite order but that’s the plan (for now at least..)

If going into London and returning straight to The Midlands I usually stick the car at Watford Junction and get a train into Euston but with onward travel in mind I thought I’d see if anyone had any recommendations for park and rides in the South West London area? The maps route seems to take you into London via the M4.

Is there anything to go at? Or shall I just stick it at Watford Junction? It’ll be parked for roughly 48 hours. I think it’s about £33 to park at WJ for 48 hours.

Oh, and we’ll be staying in the Hammersmith area.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Chinese_Alan; 18th October 2020 at 16:11.

An option could be to drop the car at a Local car park. They are a bit cheaper out towards Hounslow and jump on the tube (Hounslow east to Hammersmith is about 15 / 20 minutes)
    Parking is free on the streets in and around South Ealing / Northfields. This area is 10 mins on the tube from Hammersmith and it’s very close to the A4 (M4) it’s also safe.
    There is a lot of parking in Hammersmith but it’s pricey and with the bridge out it’s a traffic nightmare.
    Feel free to PM me for a bit more local knowledge if needed.

Master

There is a place called Linden House on Oil Mill Lane in Hammersmith that does overnight parking. I recall it was a fair (low) price and felt secure.

Short walk to Centre of Hammersmith.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 18th October 2020 at 17:51.

Esher has free on street parking close to the station and is a very safe area. It 25 mins on the train to Waterloo.

Alternatively Thames Ditton is easy to park, is on a slower line so takes 35 mins to Waterloo, but is in TfL zone 6, so means you benefit from cheaper travel which and can use your credit card to tap in and out.

Both are near the A3/M3.

You can also try Hampton or Teddington with free on street parking not to far from the station. All are very safe areas of SW London

Edit : just saw you are staying in Hammersmith. All of the above stations can be used. Take a southwestern railway train and change at Wimbledon to a district line train to Earls Court, then 2 stops on Piccadilly line to Hammersmith. Will take around 50 mins each way and is easy. About £3 each way and no parking charges given plenty of free street parking at one of the zone 6 stations (all zone 6 except Esher) mentioned above.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 18th October 2020 at 18:19.

Take a look at car parks in Richmond https://www.richmond.gov.uk/richmond_area_car_parks 'Old Deer Park'.

Off the M25, then straight road M3/A316.

Richmond station close by, a relatively short District Line to Hammersmith.

Craftsman
    Surbiton is another option. Less than 20 mins to Waterloo and in Zone 6.

Cheers
    Rory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no parking restrictions on most of the road by Barnes Station (Station Road) and it is still relatively easily accessible from Hammersmith. These days it’s pretty easy to find a space there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Surbiton is another option. Less than 20 mins to Waterloo and in Zone 6.

Cheers
    Rory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice and convenient, but drawback of no free parking anywhere near the station

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    There’s no parking restrictions on most of the road by Barnes Station (Station Road) and it is still relatively easily accessible from Hammersmith. These days it’s pretty easy to find a space there.
    Hammersmith bridge is out. You can’t cross it via car or foot so this would make getting to Hammersmith a nightmare as you would have to go via Putney or walk over Barnes bridge and through Chiswick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Hammersmith bridge is out. You can’t cross it via car or foot so this would make getting to Hammersmith a nightmare as you would have to go via Putney or walk over Barnes bridge and through Chiswick.
    If the op were dropping the car from Hammersmith you can either come via Putney or Chiswick as you said then get the bus back to Hammersmith. Bit of a longer bus route than before but not too painful if you only have to do it twice within 48 hours.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the help guys. It’s a company car so I don’t mind sticking it somewhere free if need be.