closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden realisation......

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    Yesterday's events really brought a sad truth to this thread - at 0820 My Mother-In-Law lost Her battle against an inoperable brain tumour at this time My Brother In Law was laying in the same room He jumped up with a start having shut his eyes to get a brief rest at the same time My Father In Law heard His late Wife shout His name whilst He was also trying to get some brief shut eye(She had lost the power of speech 5 days earlier)He went to the next room to find His Son in tears confirming that He couldn't find a pulse the Carers arrived 5 minutes later and also confirmed Her death the night and early morning She had really suffered Her chest filling with fluid RIP Brenda Rose.
    So sorry to hear that mate.

Neil.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Yesterday's events really brought a sad truth to this thread - at 0820 My Mother-In-Law lost Her battle against an inoperable brain tumour at this time My Brother In Law was laying in the same room He jumped up with a start having shut his eyes to get a brief rest at the same time My Father In Law heard His late Wife shout His name whilst He was also trying to get some brief shut eye(She had lost the power of speech 5 days earlier)He went to the next room to find His Son in tears confirming that He couldn't find a pulse the Carers arrived 5 minutes later and also confirmed Her death the night and early morning She had really suffered Her chest filling with fluid RIP Brenda Rose.
    Condolences to your family, may she rest in peace.

Thanks again one and all sorting out the funeral arrangements today.

My condolences to your family BD. Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    that I have now become rather bored with watches etc for various reasons,maybe its what were all going thru that makes me see things different now......

But I think Im ready to off load them all now.....or perhaps keep at least one,that being the 5513......which would you throw out?.

5512/5513/14060/16700 or Tudor 76100?.

Anyone else feel the same in these very strange times?,I can use the cash in better and more useful ways helping my elderly parents tbh,which is something on my mind now,and people are more important than a little piece of metal.....
    Paul,
    Sorry to hear of your woes ref your folks! I wish them and you well. Watches are only possessions that can be replaced, I know I’ve bought and sold many when I’ve needed to. Family always comes first buddy.
    Do what you feel is right, and do what you can for mum and dad.
    Neil.

Very sorry to hear buddy. Your M-I-L knew her son and husband was with her at the end and she knew it was ok to go.
    Condolences
    Neil

Master
    Losing a parent is never easy but I don't think too much soul searching is necessarily helpful either.
    Elderly parents pass away it's a fact of life and whilst sad it's not tragic.
    A young parent or child passing away(or seriously ill) I would class as a major trauma for those affected.
    Just sometimes think we lose perspective a bit thinking we will all live to 100.
    I would say anything over 80 and lived in decent health is a fine innings.

Sincere condolences Mannu

Grand Master
    Thanks again one and all sorting out the funeral arrangements today.
    Condolences to you and family.

Take care.

Master
    My condolences to everyone who has lost someone special in these times. I am fortunate that both of my parents are still alive, 78 and 80, and 3 out of 4 of my grandparents lived into late eighties, so I hope to have them both for a good few years yet. I dread the time that they pass on, and hope that I am able to cope as well as others have seemed to.
    Puts this hobby of ours into some perspective.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really appreciate all the messages I've received My Wife's taking it really hard from diagnosis to death 8 weeks and 3 days.

Grand Master
    During the call to the hospital an hour ago asking about our Dad who was admitted on the 17th Oct,told he has now been moved to the Covid ward having tested positive!.

So if he pulls thru this,myself & Brothers might ask them to get a sample of his blood and do some tests on it!.He has pulled thru so many times from various life threatening stuff over the last 5 years!.

Certainly a tough un @ 93.

Journeyman
    During the call to the hospital an hour ago asking about our Dad who was admitted on the 17th Oct,told he has now been moved to the Covid ward having tested positive!.

So if he pulls thru this,myself & Brothers might ask them to get a sample of his blood and do some tests on it!.He has pulled thru so many times from various life threatening stuff over the last 5 years!.

Certainly a tough un @ 93.
    I just wanted to offer you some hope. My Mum is 94 and not in great health and has just come through COVID after testing positive in Winchester hospital earlier this month. The antivirals and steroids did the trick and I’ve been looking after her at her flat for a couple of weeks. I wish your Dad good luck but the NHS teams have really figured out what they need to do with vulnerable patients to give them the best chance.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JIG67 View Post
    I just wanted to offer you some hope. My Mum is 94 and not in great health and has just come through COVID after testing positive in Winchester hospital earlier this month. The antivirals and steroids did the trick and I’ve been looking after her at her flat for a couple of weeks. I wish your Dad good luck but the NHS teams have really figured out what they need to do with vulnerable patients to give them the best chance.

Thanks,your last paragraph doesnt seem to fit our case!.Just called the hospital & they say they will be calling our 87 year old Mum also in very poor health to say he will be ok to go home.

That very definitely wont be happening!,sending an elderly person who needs constant care home with covid!......Nah not happening.

They haven't figured this one out,and if thats the norm at the BRI no wonder its spreading!.Sending a vulnerable person back home to another elderly vulnerable person,and the virus caught whilst in hospital!.

Master

Sudden realisation......

Thanks,your last paragraph doesnt seem to fit our case!.Just called the hospital & they say they will be calling our 87 year old Mum also in very poor health to say he will be ok to go home.

That very definitely wont be happening!,sending an elderly person who needs constant care home with covid!......Nah not happening.

They haven't figured this one out,and if thats the norm at the BRI no wonder its spreading!.Sending a vulnerable person back home to another elderly vulnerable person,and the virus caught whilst in hospital!.
    Yip
    Sounds about right
    Putting covid +ve patients in wards where Ill and elderly are-absolutely ridiculous.
    Happening in Glasgow and my friends dad caught it in hospital and died last week.
    Bed management situation seems to be haphazard and also testing patients with symptoms and then sending them home and getting +ve tests back when they are discharged.
    Total lack of isolation of COVID cases up here at any rate.

Grand Master
    How fast things change!.So yesterday my Dad has 2 breakfasts & sat up in bed and were all told he can come home.

On the phone for past 30 mins and finally as I write they pick up,reason being hes now dying and unlikely to see tomorrow.
    The uncaring woman that answered the phone at reception when I told her I was trying to organise visiting,well you cant and they are all busy you might not get thru she said!,I did eventually and told only 1 person can visit!.

oh well Ill see him again one day if that is true.

How fast things change!.So yesterday my Dad has 2 breakfasts & sat up in bed and were all told he can come home.

On the phone for past 30 mins and finally as I write they pick up,reason being hes now dying and unlikely to see tomorrow.
    The uncaring woman that answered the phone at reception when I told her I was trying to organise visiting,well you cant and they are all busy you might not get thru she said!,I did eventually and told only 1 person can visit!.

So sorry to hear this, surely they must be able to let you in to see him?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    So sorry to hear this, surely they must be able to let you in to see him?
    Thats why I was calling the hospital to ask what the procedures are for visiting under these circumstances.
    Was told only 1 chosen family member allowed to visit,Now I do understand that,lets face it he caught the covid whilst in there!,so the potential of spread to all who visit is increased.
    Mum is very high risk,we can give her all the reasons why She shouldn't visit,but they have been together for 70 years,its her decision and not one Id deny her making.

Very sad & difficult times we are all in,with many more going thru exactly the same.

Master
    My mother passed away in a care home in May (not Covid - dementia related). The care home told me by text...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    My mother passed away in a care home in May (not Covid - dementia related). The care home told me by text...
    Seems to me we are living in a very uncaring world!...........generally.

So sorry to hear this Mark

take care.

Sorry to hear about the developments
    Extremely tough and trying times and the elderly have borne the brunt and their families.
    In NY when Covid was in full force, no one was allowed to visit the sick parents with Covid in Nursing homes and a lot of them passed away without seeing the loved ones in the final days.

I hope things pick up
    I lost my father last November and it made me change a lot of things abd see things differently re quality of life and owning “things”

You’ll get one shot at memories with your folks and if selling a couple of bits of steel allows for smiles - just do it

As my late sad said when I sold a dssd “they made more than one of them son”

He knew it had upset me letting it go - but I had needed the money arguably at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I hope things pick up
    I lost my father last November and it made me change a lot of things abd see things differently re quality of life and owning “things”

You’ll get one shot at memories with your folks and if selling a couple of bits of steel allows for smiles - just do it

As my late sad said when I sold a dssd “they made more than one of them son”

He knew it had upset me letting it go - but I had needed the money arguably at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does,& has focussed what is important,not that I & anyone else doesn't know that.But I feel as of
    now that I could be done with "things & stuff".

But as is often said....." life goes on" and it does & has to.

That's terrible and I am so sorry for you, I went through similar with my Grandad so can relate to the rollercoaster of emotions. All the best for the coming days.

So sorry about this... Hope you'll see him again one day.

Master
    Sorry to hear of your situation Paul. Thinking of you and your family and hoping for the very best.

Master
    Just wishing you all the best Paul and anyone else suffering in similar circumstances at this extraordinary time.

I'm very fond of my watches but never lose sight of the fact that they're just objects at the end of the day; the people you care about and the time you spend with them are infinitely more valuable.

You seem to have a good healthy attitude to this frankly awful situation. Very sorry to hear you and your family are having to go through this. I agree the telephonists working in hospitals need to work on their empathetic phone skills. Best wishes for what is likely to be a very sad few days for you

Seems to me we are living in a very uncaring world!...........generally.

So sorry to hear this Mark

take care.
    Sadly, I have to agree with your first comment.

So, sorry to read of all the sad news to our members, my condolences to you all.

In the early stages of Covid, my crew mate & I attended a Cardiac Arrest of an elderly lady, her elderly husband was performing CPR.
    We managed to get her back and with a doctor onboard rushed her to hospital, though she was unlikely to live.

The bit that really got me, was that they had most likely been married for 60 + years and his last time together was trying to save her.
    As we were in lockdown he wasn't allowed to go to hospital and nobody could come and stay with him. He was standing on the doorstep alone as we drove away.

So sorry to read your latest update. My thoughts are with you and yours.

This thread resonates with me so much. 2020 has been a year where sudden realisations about a whole load of things smacks you in the face.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks into lock down and trying to support my parents through treatment, operations and everything else (mum in her late 70s, dad in his 80s) has been a nightmare in these horrible times. Having to drop your loved ones off at the door of the hospital when they are going in for major surgery hurts.

As somebody who always looks on the positive side of life I have found myself demotivated, bitter, angry, resentful etc. etc. This pandemic has denied us so much but the denial of being able to support and be with your family when they need you the most and having precious times taken away from you hurts.

You're 100% right - everything else becomes minutia at times like these.

I wish you the best with everything you're going through at the moment
    Last edited by Bootsy; 30th October 2020 at 09:45.

Grand Master
    I was awoken to my Brother calling at 05:30 this morning,could only have been the call we were expecting.
    Dad was moved from the hospital Saturday afternoon & passed away peacefully at 04:30 at the very same care home my Grandma and Dads Mum also passed away in & both at 93!,Dad was 93 on the 5th.I like to think its fete and he waited although he wasn't aware of his final few hours in the same place.

God bless Dad......RIP.

Sudden realisation......

I was awoken to my Brother calling at 05:30 this morning,could only have been the call we were expecting.
    Dad was moved from the hospital Saturday afternoon & passed away peacefully at 04:30 at the very same care home my Grandma and Dads Mum also passed away in & both at 93!,Dad was 93 on the 5th.I like to think its fete and he waited although he wasn't aware of his final few hours in the same place.

God bless Dad......RIP.
    So sorry for your loss. May he Rest In Peace, I hope you can get through this difficult time.

My condolences, I am very sorry for your loss.

Extremely sorry for your loss. RIP.

Sorry to hear this Paul. Take care pal.

No words help
    So sorry to hear your sad news

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to read this Paul. Condolences.

So sorry to hear the sad news Paul. Try and take some comfort from the fact that 93 is a great innings which should provide you and the family with many happy memories.

Take care mate,
    Ken

Master
    Very sorry to hear this sad news. Best wishes to you and family.

Grand Master
    Sorry to hear of your loss Paul, 93 is a good innings but loss of a parent still hurts no matter how long a life they’ve had.

Blog Entries
    So sorry Paul. Take care of yourself. Martyn.

Sorry for your loss, Paul. Condolences to you and your family.

Stay strong.

So sorry to hear that your Dad passed away, Paul. My sincere condolences.

Simon

Grand Master
    Thanks for all your kind words guys,I found it difficult to sleep last night with all sorts popping into my head!,mostly trying to revist memories over the years.

My deepest condolences but at 93, a life to be celebrated for sure.

Master
    I've lost both parents so my condolences to the OP but a hat trick of 93s is pretty special and you've clearly got some great memories to look back on.

For anyone who still has a parent, I know it can be challenging for lots of reasons but try to find the time to enjoy them while you can and soak up some quality memories. If you don't, you'll likely wish you had.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 9th November 2020 at 10:40.

Master
    Very sorry to hear this, Paul. I’m sure you have some great memories that will keep his spirit alive.

Very sorry to hear that Paul, I have been through this moment in life so I know how you feel, the cliché of time is a great healer is true in some sense.

Paul, this is very close to my own experience of this week. My first loss of somebody close to me so I've no advice to give. I can relate to many of the things you have said and others. Hang in there pal.

Sorry to hear about this Paul, my condolences to you and your family.