closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Trio of Speedmasters - put them in the right order ...

A Trio of Speedmasters - put them in the right order ...

As we start our second week of isolation (following my daughter catching the dreaded virus), I thought I'd share a few pics of some the watches I've been lucky to accumulate in recent years.

First up, a small collection of three vintage Omega Speedmasters. No prizes, but try and put them in date order:

First up, is the 105.003-64 'Ed White':

Whilst there may be an opportunity to buy the recent new edition of this watch from Omega, I think I prefer the vintage one. What do you think?

Second, from 1967, a transitional 145.012-67:

And, finally, from my birth year (and my first vintage Speedmaster, a 145.022-69:

I've enjoyed learning about these Speedmasters over the last six years or so. A lot of that information has come from members here and I'm very grateful to you. I've also enjoyed the Speedmaster 101 book (last year's Christmas present from the Mrs); and, of course, there are great websites online including the definitive https://speedmaster101.com.

When I began collecting watches I never anticipated being able to own watches such as these. They are all long term keepers. I've enjoyed educating my two sons (less success with my three daughters!) about these watches and their history.

Finally, a couple of wrist shots of two of the watches that I enjoy wearing occasionally:

Master
    No idea as I know nothing about Speedmasters but interesting little story.

Master
    Any one of those please. As to dating? I'd take any of those out! :)

It’s interesting to see that a watch with 50 years still very modern and just few differences with the actual model, maybe the modern models are a little bit bigger. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    What a lovely collection of vintage Speedies!

I only have one which I've owner for over 10 years and would never sell. I rarely wear it but just like the thought of it being there (odd I know). It's a '69 transitional with the "220" mistake bezel.
    Birth year for me too and the day of the first lunar landing has special significance for me.

Cheers
    Neil