closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zwift and Smart Turbo Trainers ??

Grand Master
    Anyone doing Tour De Zwift 2021?

Hill stage started yesterday, La Reine was lovely followed by Alpe Du Zwift today
    RIAC

Master
    This is my setup using a Tacx Vortex Smart. Already had a spare wheel and cassette so just needed a trainer tyre, a subscription to Zwift and most importantly a fan🥵 Enjoying it so far, if it's still in regular use I'll probably upgrade to a direct drive trainer later on in the year. Using an iPad at the moment but just ordered an Ant+ dongle for my laptop which has a 17" screen so should make it a bit better.

SydR
    Since Christmas I’ve moved my setup to an are of the upstairs landing where I can project the output of my Apple TV onto the opposite wall.

A quick test worked well.

I’ve since optimised the position to fill the width of the wall and give an 86” image for that more immersive feel.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Anyone doing Tour De Zwift 2021?

Hill stage started yesterday, La Reine was lovely followed by Alpe Du Zwift today

I was almost late to the party, only just figured out stage one with a couple of hours to go, did Alpe du Zwift today - the extra lockdown weight has certainly slowed me down up the Alpe!

I just upgraded to Apple TV in the garage for Zwift, seems much more stable. A bit of a luxury, but while the swim membership is on hold, it can pay for itself!

Blog Entries
    Great advice from starting the thread and the set up in the garage is being used for cross training, low aerobic for my running.

Cheers

Pitch

I have just subscribed to Zwift and got back on my trainer after longer than planned away from it. Previously I had used TrainerRoad, but I think Zwift will be far more social. Is there a TZ-UK group?

Got an Apple TV coming today so I can use Zwift on the TV rather than the iPad. Plan to use the iPad to watch TV while cycling instead - can't connect headphones to the TV and the trainer is very loud. Hopefully I can still see the key info on the TV without my glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Got an Apple TV coming today so I can use Zwift on the TV rather than the iPad. Plan to use the iPad to watch TV while cycling instead - can't connect headphones to the TV and the trainer is very loud. Hopefully I can still see the key info on the TV without my glasses!
    Haha, I have the same issue with glasses... I’ve got my Apple TV running on a 40inch TV, and although it is just in front of my front wheel, I can only just see enough to use it! It is better than my laptop screen, but it is not 100% clear which was the idea when I set it all up! I’ve found that a pair of over the ear headphones do tend to keep my glasses on better even though they do get a bit sweat-splattered during the ride!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I had my set up completed with a Wahoo Kickr and bike but I couldn’t help myself so changed the smart turbo trainer for a Wattbike, running with the Zwift App via the Apple TV i think its a great setup and only £12.99 per month for the Zwift membership...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wish I had enough rooms to have a set up like that always available. Even my kettlebell goes away & isn’t conducive to using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wish I had enough rooms to have a set up like that always available. Even my kettlebell goes away & isn’t conducive to using.

Agree, very envious and with natural light too, quite a luxury. The house we're buying has a loft ext and we absolutely hate them and didn't want a house with one. It's split into two rooms with a bathroom in the middle and now we can't wait as one room will be my wife's WFH space and the other will have the cycle trainer in it with some other stuff too. Unsure about a treadmill in a loft, though, seems like asking for trouble. Still don't like loft extensions though!

Tbf it cost me a divorce to be able to get a house I actually felt was mine and not filled up with crap ornaments, cushions and throws in every room, hence having a gym now. It used to be my daughters play room but I bribed her with a new bedroom