closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 75

Thread: New limited addition Alpinist

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    688

    New limited addition Alpinist



    Prospex Alpinist - Mountain Glacier
    Reference
    SPB199J1

    European limited edition. Looks good.

    https://www.fratellowatches.com/seiko-alpinist-spb199j1-european-limited-edition-release/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2

  3. #3
    They won't ship to uk though...they are restricting sale to a couple of European countries.I tried putting an order in to test and sure enough won't allow to purchase due to my address.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by amcneill; 16th October 2020 at 08:27.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    264
    Looks superb, that shade of blue/grey on the dial is quite close to the SLA037, perhaps just a touch lighter.

  5. #5
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,043
    Nice dial colour but I've never liked the Alpinist. I don't like watches with compass markers, they're up there with roman numerals for me. I know these Seikos are very popular though.

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Nice dial colour but I've never liked the Alpinist. I don't like watches with compass markers, they're up there with roman numerals for me. I know these Seikos are very popular though.
    For me it depends wether it can be locked down. If the compass bezel just moves around when knocked it’s pretty pointless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    They won't ship to uk though...they are restricting sale to a couple of European countries.I tried putting an order in to test and sure enough won't allow to purchase due to my address.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Really? Ah well, where there’s a will there’s a way!

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Looks superb, that shade of blue/grey on the dial is quite close to the SLA037, perhaps just a touch lighter.
    A bit lighter I think, but agreed, superb.

  8. #8
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    30,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    The new Alpinists without inner bezel and with fumé dial at Seiya are a treat imho.
    With a price of about 550,- Euro's that's one of Eddie's as an extra ;)

    https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...pinist-sbdc117
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  9. #9
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    11,265
    I like the dial, but, as with most recent Seikos, I'm not convinced it's worth the price.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    The new Alpinists without inner bezel and with fumé dial at Seiya are a treat imho.
    With a price of about 550,- Euro's that's one of Eddie's as an extra ;)

    https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...pinist-sbdc117
    I really like those ones, that price seems good. Having never ordered from Seiya I assume there would be import duty to pay on top?

    The new limited edition looks good also, a shame they're not selling in the UK, the price does seem too high though.

  11. #11
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    30,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    I really like those ones, that price seems good. Having never ordered from Seiya I assume there would be import duty to pay on top?

    The new limited edition looks good also, a shame they're not selling in the UK, the price does seem too high though.

    Seiya is one of the most trusted sellers for (JDM) Seiko's from Japan. Now it could be the model is coming to Europe as well, it's just released.

    And yes, import duty will have to be added to the price.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  12. #12

    New limited addition Alpinist

    However, this does come with extra straps. 2 if you preorder with Fratello. Plus the indices are apples rather than printed as on the standard models.

    Mind you is that still worth about €€200 more than the standard model.

    I am currently in Berlin and so I would be happy to order for a Forum member as long as you cover all costs. I can post via dhl tracked with insurance for around £20 if that helps anyone

    Just PM me but not sure if there is any limit on quantities in ordering but I suspect it will be 1 or 2!

  13. #13
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    However, this does come with extra straps. 2 if you preorder with Fratello. Plus the indices are apples rather than printed as on the standard models.

    Mind you is that still worth about €200 more than the stand model.

    I am currently I n Berlin and so I would be happy to order for a Forum member as long as you cover all costs. I can post via dhl tracked with insurance for around £20 if that helps anyone

    Just PM me not sure if their is a limit in ordering but I suspect it will be 1 or 2!
    Very kind offer. Top man.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    However, this does come with extra straps. 2 if you preorder with Fratello. Plus the indices are apples rather than printed as on the standard models.

    Mind you is that still worth about €€200 more than the standard model.

    I am currently in Berlin and so I would be happy to order for a Forum member as long as you cover all costs. I can post via dhl tracked with insurance for around £20 if that helps anyone

    Just PM me but not sure if there is any limit on quantities in ordering but I suspect it will be 1 or 2!
    Very good of you 👍🏼

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Seiya is one of the most trusted sellers for (JDM) Seiko's from Japan. Now it could be the model is coming to Europe as well, it's just released.

    And yes, import duty will have to be added to the price.
    That model has just become available in the UK but is £100 more. After shipping and duty though there might not be much difference.

    Seiya only charge £15 more for the bracelet version, I'm sure the difference is more with UK retailers.

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    That model has just become available in the UK but is £100 more. After shipping and duty though there might not be much difference.

    Seiya only charge £15 more for the bracelet version, I'm sure the difference is more with UK retailers.
    I enquired earlier in the week at the Seiko boutique in knightsbridge, its a £10 difference between the strap and bracelet version (£600 vs £610)

    Code WATCH10 will get you 10% off the RRP at James Porter & Sons

    https://www.james-porter.co.uk/

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,384
    Seems like it will be available in the UK - I’m on Seiko’s mailing list and just had an email with this link attached:

    https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/alpinist-spb199j1.html

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    I've ordered the blue spb157j1 from C.W.Sellors (Jura). With their 10% discount, plus going through Topcashback and using my debit card it comes in at £525.83 delivered. Probably not worth importing it at that price.
    PS: they also offered a small range of free gifts aswell, I went for a sterling silver necklace for my other half.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    30,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I've ordered the blue spb157j1 from C.W.Sellors (Jura). With their 10% discount, plus going through Topcashback and using my debit card it comes in at £525.83 delivered. Probably not worth importing it at that price.
    PS: they also offered a small range of free gifts aswell, I went for a sterling silver necklace for my other half.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    That's my favorite, lovely dial an good WR as well. A real all rounder.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    That's my favorite, lovely dial an good WR as well. A real all rounder.
    That's my thinking D. True all rounder, right size, great looks, and a superb holiday watch for a hopefully normal future? I had an 017 for a good few years and sometimes miss it, but the new compass model ones don't quite hit the mark for me, and then these new 38mm models came along.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    30,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That's my thinking D. True all rounder, right size, great looks, and a superb holiday watch for a hopefully normal future? I had an 017 for a good few years and sometimes miss it, but the new compass model ones don't quite hit the mark for me, and then these new 38mm models came along.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    My Landmaster SBDW005 is my holiday and do it all watch, not a mechanical, but still a gem of a watch. my Shogun Zimbe I wear a lot but I also baby it a bit, it's my only "valuable" watch left.

    I hope you can enjoy a lot of holidays with it Rugger.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    My Landmaster SBDW005 is my holiday and do it all watch, not a mechanical, but still a gem of a watch. my Shogun Zimbe I wear a lot but I also baby it a bit, it's my only "valuable" watch left.

    I hope you can enjoy a lot of holidays with it Rugger.
    Cheers D. Landmaster....nice! Hope we all can in the not too distant future, not bothered for myself but would like the choice.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Caldicot, South Wales.
    Posts
    703
    If anyone is looking to buy the SPB199 I have just placed an order, as well as for a Presage (price seems very good) with Hilliers. There is also a 10% off code on the site at the moment.
    Last edited by electorn; 27th October 2020 at 13:54. Reason: Deleted old links

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    That's my favorite, lovely dial an good WR as well. A real all rounder.
    Its here D., and overall I'm very pleased. Couple of slight misgivings, I have written more in the new arrivals thread if you are interested, cheers RT.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Its here D., and overall I'm very pleased. Couple of slight misgivings, I have written more in the new arrivals thread if you are interested, cheers RT.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Looks really good, I'm off to the new arrivals thread!

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Looks really good, I'm off to the new arrivals thread!
    Thank you. I meant to link you in on the new arrivals thread, but accidentally quoted myself quoting you, doh!

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Caldicot, South Wales.
    Posts
    703
    Just got a shipping notification, I think it's for the SPB199, fingers crossed.

  28. #28
    Craftsman Idontgram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    288
    I just got an email from the seiko boutique saying these are in stock if anyone wants one.

    I put in a pre-order with Jura last month but I’m having second thoughts about the price now...

  29. #29
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,119
    Already appearing on e-bay with huge mark ups.

    A punt for the hoovers maybe?

  30. #30
    Craftsman Idontgram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Already appearing on e-bay with huge mark ups.

    A punt for the hoovers maybe?
    I don’t think that’s sustainable. The US-edition edition still goes for £1k+ but there wasn’t as much buzz around the European edition.

    I reckon prices will come down pretty sharpish. A bit like how the SPB149 was getting some mark ups but now mint ones sell for retail or less.

    Then again, what do I know?

  31. #31
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    336
    Blog Entries
    1
    Amj watches have at least 1 in stock too

  32. #32
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Caldicot, South Wales.
    Posts
    703
    Mine arrived yesterday, just stunning to look at.

    I hope we get some sunshine later to show off the dial properly.





  33. #33
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,341
    Really like the dial color, very special.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Caldicot, South Wales.
    Posts
    703
    I know this watch cost a silly amount, considering the SARB017 was around £300, and I was a bit aprehensive when I ordered it. Now I have seen it, felt it, worn it, I am blown away.
    As far as I can tell, everything just about lines up correctly. I wasn't sure about the cyclops, but I like it and can actually see the date on a watch dial, without wearing by specs, for a change.
    Thr straps are really nice quality, and it's a first using a deployant for me,and I find it comfortable to wear.

    it's a winner in my book and I would be surprised if people who buy one are disappointed with it.


  35. #35
    Nice one mate. I was offered one but not the best time for me and not sure I'd wear that colour dial much despite loving it. Weird eh!

  36. #36
    Journeyman Caminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    89
    Really beautifull watch. Enjoy and thanks for sharing


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,491
    Blog Entries
    1
    Looks great

  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    476
    Stunning watch. Congrats

    Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

  39. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I know this watch cost a silly amount, considering the SARB017 was around £300, and I was a bit aprehensive when I ordered it. Now I have seen it, felt it, worn it, I am blown away.
    As far as I can tell, everything just about lines up correctly. I wasn't sure about the cyclops, but I like it and can actually see the date on a watch dial, without wearing by specs, for a change.
    Thr straps are really nice quality, and it's a first using a deployant for me,and I find it comfortable to wear.

    it's a winner in my book and I would be surprised if people who buy one are disappointed with it.

    Gorgeous! Tempted to pick one up

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    113
    Seen this one recently and can confirm that the dial looks really very nice. Color is something between blue and green.
    Pity the price increase compare to SARB017.

  41. #41
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    479
    Applied markers and Seiko logo give the dial a touch of class, mine is due this morning.

  42. #42
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,457
    Blog Entries
    1
    where are you guys ordering online? I like the look of this

  43. #43
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    479
    I ordered from AMJ and my pal bought direct from the Seiko Boutique.

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,457
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cheers

  45. #45
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I know this watch cost a silly amount, considering the SARB017 was around £300, and I was a bit aprehensive when I ordered it. Now I have seen it, felt it, worn it, I am blown away.
    Its lovely and I'm very tempted. A big mark up compared to the old 017 sure, but not so much of one compared to the new Alpinists.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  46. #46
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Applied markers and Seiko logo give the dial a touch of class, mine is due this morning.
    Are you sure they are applied? There was a picture of a Sarb017 dial somewhere that was punched.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Are you sure they are applied? There was a picture of a Sarb017 dial somewhere that was punched.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe punched, looks nice though


  48. #48
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Maybe punched, looks nice though

    Absolutely. Stunning picture .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    AMJ sold more than they received. Nice business model.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #50
    Apprentice Jobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    43
    Mine (no.1625) has arrived today; the mark-up from my SARB017 is even greater because I managed to pay £200 for the older model using an eBay 20% off voucher at the time when they were cheapest. I got it from James Porter & Son in Glasgow, who told me they sold out pretty much straight away. Probably because they were the first site I found which allowed you to click and buy on Friday last week.

    I love the coolness of the colour and silver indices, though I hadn't appreciated that the gold on green is more legible from many angles. The strap is a couple of orders of magnitude nicer than the crap mock-croc which came on the old model. I hadn't expected the second deployant on the second strap which means I can re-purpose it for another watch :)



    Sorry, terrible photo which really does not show off the colour of the dial. It does show the cool overall look compared to the SARB017 though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information