closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster clasp springs

Craftsman

Omega Seamaster clasp springs

Not sure whether this question belongs here but I bought an Omega Seamaster bracelet (for current seamaster) of ebay a couple of months ago. However I only got round to fitting it to my watch today and I've discovered that the clasp keeps popping open. I doubt I can return the item as more than 30 days has elapsed since delivery. A quick google suggests the clasp springs need replacing.

Has anyone tried replacing the clasp springs? I'd rather pay £40 for the springs as opposed to the £200 odd for a new clasp.

Bit of a niche question but i'd appreciate any advice!
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 15th October 2020 at 23:01.

I’ve replaced clasp springs in the older style SMP bracelets (models 2531.80, 2254.50 etc). Genuine OEM clasp springs were available from Cousins at the time, and from eBay for around £15.
    It’s an easy enough job on those bracelets; I did some minor dismantling of the clasp mechanism beforehand to access the spring and therefore gain confidence that I’d diagnosed the problem correctly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Not sure whether this question belongs here but I bought an Omega Seamaster bracelet (for current seamaster) of ebay a couple of months ago. However I only got round to fitting it to my watch today and I've discovered that the clasp keeps popping open. I doubt I can return the item as more than 30 days has elapsed since delivery. A quick google suggests the clasp springs need replacing.

Has anyone tried replacing the clasp springs? I'd rather pay £40 for the springs as opposed to the £200 odd for a new clasp.

Bit of a niche question but i'd appreciate any advice!
    Ebay and PP favour the buyer very strongly. I would imagine you would have recourse even after the 30 days. If ebay wont allow a return or SNAD dispute, then you can try through PayPal or even via your credit card section 75 rights. The latter is of course dependant on if you funded PP via a CC. This is why being a seller is such a ballache. You can have returns forced on you months later.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I’ve replaced clasp springs in the older style SMP bracelets (models 2531.80, 2254.50 etc). Genuine OEM clasp springs were available from Cousins at the time, and from eBay for around £15.
    It’s an easy enough job on those bracelets; I did some minor dismantling of the clasp mechanism beforehand to access the spring and therefore gain confidence that I’d diagnosed the problem correctly.
    Unfortunately the new clasp uses different springs which are apparently a nightmare to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Ebay and PP favour the buyer very strongly. I would imagine you would have recourse even after the 30 days. If ebay wont allow a return or SNAD dispute, then you can try through PayPal or even via your credit card section 75 rights. The latter is of course dependant on if you funded PP via a CC. This is why being a seller is such a ballache. You can have returns forced on you months later.
    Ah ok that is interesting. Thanks.