closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gen 1 homage

Gen 1 homage

Please forgive my ignorance, but have Timefactors ever produced a Seiko 7A28-7120 homage?

Obviously, the inexpert rendering below is the product of a wishful imagination.

Craftsman
    I'll have one please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think we all will!

Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    I'll have one please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It would be great everyday watch
    Does anyone make a movement with the same functionality these days? I know Seiko no longer support either the Gen 1s or Gen 2s, and I don't think they produce an equivalent movement. The 10th of a second counter is rather cool when in use on the originals.

I'd buy one in a flash too... but I doubt you'd recreate that 1/10s counter. VK67 mecha quartz would give a nice 3 sub dial homage of sorts?

EDIT: maybe not... dials in the wrong place and rotating the caliber would place the crown at 12 o'clock!

It would be hard to find a suitable movement for it. But count me in to buy one!

My query really was if the boss had ever made one, so guessing the answer is "no".

I love the look of the watch. I'd be happy to maybe have less pushers, the crown at 3, even lose the 1/10 function, if the resulting watch retained the same dial layout and handset.

Pretty sure I had a watch from Next a number of years ago that had a 1/10 register, but could be wrong. I expect s/m/h would probably be more useful anyway.

Craftsman
    Great idea for a new future project.

Lucky enough to have a first year of issue Gen 1 though I don't tend to wear it now due to the challenge of repairing them. They are better than the Gen 2 which I've always thought felt a little too flimsy for a military watch; almost Pulsar G10 like. The CWC BAF chrono it beat to the contract feels far more robust.

If a do wear a Seiko chrono then I have the slightly unusual civilian model SNN241.

Journeyman
    Should be a good market for a traditional simply styled chrono, vintage sized 38mm-ish and decent L2L. Much like the Guinand in fact I guess, or the watch featured on the 'Another one for next year' thread!
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 17th October 2020 at 11:34.