closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a new car - question for any main dealer salesmen

Craftsman

Buying a new car - question for any main dealer salesmen

I live halfway in-between two main dealers from the same group. Both are, to my mind, equally good in customer service etc. My question is: If I want to buy a new car (no part ex.) am I likely to get offered virtually the same deal from both of them as they both are in the same group; or, are they gong to be acting independently and would offer a deal according to their own sales performance and targets? Also, is there any truth in rumours of an optimum to buy in a month when they are trying to hit targets; or is this an urban myth? Thanks.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    I live halfway in-between two main dealers from the same group. Both are, to my mind, equally good in customer service etc. My question is: If I want to buy a new car (no part ex.) am I likely to get offered virtually the same deal from both of them as they both are in the same group; or, are they gong to be acting independently and would offer a deal according to their own sales performance and targets? Also, is there any truth in rumours of an optimum to buy in a month when they are trying to hit targets; or is this an urban myth? Thanks.
    At the moment it all depends on the brand and their direction. Mercedes are standardising their offers, interest rates, discounts and pay structures to maintain transparency so if a dealer has a vehicle you want it *should* be the same price/deal

What are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    At the moment it all depends on the brand and their direction. Mercedes are standardising their offers, interest rates, discounts and pay structures to maintain transparency so if a dealer has a vehicle you want it *should* be the same price/deal

What are you looking at?
    Zeinab up in Grimsby will be finished then. She's famous for selling Mercedes at 1% less than the total front and back end margin. Used to be the cheapest place in the UK to buy a Mercedes, not sure if it still is.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

What are you looking at?
    BM 3 touring

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    BM 3 touring
    BMW have rolled out a digital platform so should be easy to purchase and get it delivered, assuming it’s a new car, and find the best deal.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/buyi...r-locator.html
    Last edited by RJM25R; 14th October 2020 at 12:18.

Blog Entries
    Get some prices then try carwow or the equivalent as to Mercedes always found Mercedes Benz Southwest in Exeter had great pricing.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

use Car Wow, print off the best deal you get offered and take it to local dealer and ask them to match it, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    use Car Wow, print off the best deal you get offered and take it to local dealer and ask them to match it, they will.
    Wouldn't bother if you're after a BMW. Barely any BMW dealers are on there. Don't think there are many BMW dealers in coast2coastcars either.

OP you may get two different prices even within the same group but if you do it will come down to where each dealership is for the month/quarter and how quickly you want the car. Best deal is always on stock cars and not forward orders.

L&L Mercedes in Bishops Stortford are very good, Jardine Mercedes down the road in Chelmsford are a disaster, OP i think the answer is that you may have to waste some time and ask both, or saving that try car wow first, so you already know the answer

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wouldn't bother if you're after a BMW. Barely any BMW dealers are on there. Don't think there are many BMW dealers in coast2coastcars either.

OP you may get two different prices even within the same group but if you do it will come down to where each dealership is for the month/quarter and how quickly you want the car. Best deal is always on stock cars and not forward orders.
    If you want a BMW speak to Tony Lewis at Berry BMW in Chiswick, you wont get a better deal anywhere else and he's a top bloke to deal with, had 3 cars off him all at superb prices.

Out of interest, I did a Carwow query on this. Only one reply so far:

BMW 3 Series Touring
    320i Step Auto M Sport, Automatic, Petrol
    Total RRP £38,025

Barretts BMW Canterbury :
    carwow PCP offer
    £34,147

You save
    £3,877 (10.2%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Out of interest, I did a Carwow query on this. Only one reply so far
    It's all theatre. All the pricing for the whole of the UK is pre-programmed in already and then they add on £360 Inc vat which is their fee. This in theory you pay but is collected from the dealer.

You are sent the first offer immediately and it will be from your closest dealer as that's the one you are most likely to go and buy from. Over the next 24 hours the other 4 drip feed into your inbox but it's all automated.

The other four offers will contain the cheapest and the most expensive. If you're keen you'll ask for another offer or two using a different email and post code to see how the offers differ.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It's all theatre. All the pricing for the whole of the UK is pre-programmed in already and then they add on £360 Inc vat which is their fee. This in theory you pay but is collected from the dealer.

You are sent the first offer immediately and it will be from your closest dealer as that's the one you are most likely to go and buy from. Over the next 24 hours the other 4 drip feed into your inbox but it's all automated.

The other four offers will contain the cheapest and the most expensive. If you're keen you'll ask for another offer or two using a different email and post code to see how the offers differ.

Interesting information. I think the main benefit is that it gives you a solid starting point to negotiate from with your preferred local dealer.

Interesting information. I think the main benefit is that it gives you a solid starting point to negotiate from with your preferred local dealer.
    Yes and incredibly useful with a brand like VW as nearly every VW in the UK is on carwow, even Ford and Mercedes. Less useful with a brand like BMW who actively hate carwow and discourage their franchisees from joining. For a deal on a BMW carwow is a bit of a chocolate teapot.

Also from the looks of things they're taking the deposit contribution from BMW UK and adding it onto the dealer discount misrepresenting the carwow saving. They did this a lot of EV gov grants before and got in hot water for it. Should have learned by now.

They still show the EV grant as part of the saving.

It’s in the small print of every EV offer on there that I’ve looked at.

Master
    Yep- I used it for my BMW two years ago. My local dealer eventually matched a quote i’d got from a dealer 100 miles away.
    Son bought a Merc using it, local dealer wouldn’t match so he bought from one 150miles away who delivered it for free.

Master
    Zeinab up in Grimsby will be finished then. She's famous for selling Mercedes at 1% less than the total front and back end margin. Used to be the cheapest place in the UK to buy a Mercedes, not sure if it still is.
    she is how I got mine!

Master
    Sorry to gate crash, but I know nothing about cars and am cautiously and nervously thinking of buying a new one soon; first time in many years!

How does she make any money if she sells at 1% less than margin? I’m not sure I understand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Sorry to gate crash, but I know nothing about cars and am cautiously and nervously thinking of buying a new one soon; first time in many years!

How does she make any money if she sells at 1% less than margin? I’m not sure I understand.

Thanks
    I have no idea. When I was in that circle front and back end margin was 7% each way on an A Class and she had them for 15% off. Can only imagine she was hoping and praying to hit some other incentive. The other Mercedes dealers were kicking up a fuss and trying to get Zeinab taken off carwow because they were being accused of lying when they told customers they couldn't price match 15% as they didn't have 15% in the car and as they're car dealers the customers just said "yeah yeah, course you can't"

Master
    Why restrict this to the two nearest dealers? email a few with your requirements and see what offers turn up, I like a day out to pick up a new car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Thanks
    Making money from sales target achievement bonus payment?
    Last edited by Pitfitter; 16th October 2020 at 18:21.

Carwow is a good place to start.

I then think an extra negotiation once you found a good garage.

I've bought two GLC 43s this way - one from Skipton and one from Portsmouth. It was well worth travelling for the level of discount achieved.

Journeyman
    I also used CarWow and got a cracking deal in December two years ago, I think they were trying to hit some sort of year end target so worth a shot.

Get a quote now and if you can hold off try again the start and middle of December and see if there is a better discount to be had.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would buy nearly new 8 months old 5k miles find a spec you want, loads about 10 grand cheaper

Craftsman
    Cars from Europe might cost a bit more next year:

As the clock ticks away its final seconds is their any chance of a last second change? Well, under Aussie rules a mid-range BMW 3 series just went up FOUR GRAND today because of Michel Barnier. You going to rush out and buy one? No me neither. Same goes for Audi, Citroen, VW, and Mercedes. They'll all struggle to sell another car here under this regime .... so maybe Barnier could yet face a backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I would buy nearly new 8 months old 5k miles find a spec you want, loads about 10 grand cheaper
    100%
    Wouldnt buy a new one at all
    They can’t shift them, so the used ones are even better value

Use the w approved network and look nationally

They’ll bring you the car if you want it from wherever

I’m in the “golden triangle” of three Bmw dealers - all the same dealerships - but the difference in people is astonishing

Had my third car from BMW Tamworth
    Pm me if you’d like the salesman’s details - he deals with used cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk