closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just got a stupid email from Dart tag

Just got a stupid email from Dart tag

Account Number:xxxxxx
    Our records show that you have not made a crossing in a vehicle linked to your Dart Charge account for over 12 months.
    In accordance with our terms and conditions your account will be closed if it remains inactive for a further 90 days. You can keep your account open by making a crossing in a vehicle which is linked to the account.
    If you do not intend to make any more crossings within the next 90 days, please contact us on 0300 300 0120 to request a refund of any credit balance.
    Once your account is closed, you will not be able to use it to pay for crossings. You can pay for a crossing up to 12 months in advance, and by midnight the day after crossing by going online or by calling us on 0300 300 0120. Infrequent users of the Crossing may also be interested in our Pay as You Go (PAYG) service. For more information about all of our payment options, please visit www.gov.uk/dart-charge.

If you have any queries, please contact us on 0300 300 0120 between 8:00am and 10:00pm daily (excluding public holidays). Alternatively, email customerservice@dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Head of Operations
    Dart Charge Customer Services

Maybe I should be travelling more, I have replied reminding them that there is a covid epidemic and people are travelling less, maybe some of you can come up with some amusing replies.

I'd wager it's because they're then holding your information without good reason - permission to retain your details for longer than agreed can't just be implied because of COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I'd wager it's because they're then holding your information without good reason - permission to retain your details for longer than agreed can't just be implied because of COVID.
    they have £40 of my money on account

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    they have £40 of my money on account
    Then reclaim it!

I just do the auto pay as you go for it given how seldom I venture over there.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Then reclaim it!

I just do the auto pay as you go for it given how seldom I venture over there.
    I'm not worried about it, that's why its on account, but because we aren't going shopping and all business meetings are electronic it isn't being used, the point is this must be affecting thousands of people, it is stupidity, they need to extend the non use period to accommodate the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I'm not worried about it, that's why its on account, but because we aren't going shopping and all business meetings are electronic it isn't being used, the point is this must be affecting thousands of people, it is stupidity, they need to extend the non use period to accommodate the current situation.
    From a practical point you are correct.
    But from a legal one they might be in breach of [GDPR or some other data regulation] if they exceeded the time they keep your data without your consent, and they may not have been smart enough to formulate it that way. Alternatively, they found a very steep decline in revenue because of Covid and are trying to get the regulars travelling again.
    In either case ask for a refund, and resubscribe when it's convenient for you
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Interesting. I just received an e-mail from a charity about a database breach. When I enquired as I could not remember them, they said I had donated way back in 2010 (and the had since rebranded). I have queried their justification for this timeframe.

Craftsman
    That's kind of stupid, but not unexpected.

I recently got an email about my balance being under £10 and that I need to top up. I live fairly locally to the crossing, but don't use it very much, only a handful of times this year. Why would I need to keep an advance balance for half a dozen crossings plus.

I bank with my bank, thanks..

Just got a stupid email from Dart tag

Had same message today (not using for a year). Rather annoying, would prefer to just leave it open with bit of cash in.

As said, once closed that’s it, will have to open a new, different account in future.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Had same message today (not using for a year). Rather annoying, would prefer to just leave it open with bit of cash in.

As said, once closed that’s it, will have to open a new, different account in future.
    I suppose Excel 2003 only has 65k lines to it, or whatever it is, so they'll have to make some space..