closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best everyday/tool watch <£1000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Wondering if that bracelet has tools to change the battery. If it doesn't, that's a fail in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    A few answers in relation to A-13A watches.
    Paolo has struggled to get movements, but he instagrammed the arrival of a large batch of them recently (end Sept). I hope this batch has not just vaporised dealing with a demand backlog, but I have no idea whether the watches are in stock to buy as of just now. The website suggests possibly not. I have messaged Paolo and he is ususlly quite good at replying promptly, so will let you know. - EDIT UPDATE - Paolo has already replied, this evening. He thinks he has enough movements to last a year, so an order will get one.
    That is indeed a Morellatto (sp?) cordura strap, which is also the OEM manufacturer for the A-13A strap, and discontinued. Paolo managed to get the last batch of them that they made, and sold them to some of his original customers, so I have 2 of them. Nice straps.
    Dave
    Where do I find the specs of that one? The watch's webpage only seems to contain descriptions, and not dimensions, weight etc.

And a little more on topic -- I don't think I've had a more tool watch unboxing experience than with my PRS-29AM. Seriously, and it's definitely not the most beefy or robust watch in my collection. I don't know why exactly, but I'm inclined to attribute a good part of that to the thick, tightly mounted NATO (that I've changed for leather). Taking the watch out of its zipped case felt to me like taking out a tool. Esp. when compared to unboxing a similarly sized and specced Merci from a year earlier, that was way more on the cute side:

No idea what a 'tool' watch is, but I have to say that I've been mightily impressed with my Helm Vanuata for about a 1/4 of the budget.

It's running +2s/d, is beautifully made and finished and features a simple/cheap movement that's accurate but easily and cheaply serviced or even replaced.

It's ISO certified for WR and came on a bracelet and NATO, both of which are excellent quality.

I'm seriously considering buying a second Helm, so good is this watch.

Helm's own photo

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    This for me but I'm a bit biased:

Luminox for me, nothing worse than waking up early hours and no lume.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post

That’s unusual, in a good way!

Too big for me but for discount - could be sub-£500.