closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Struggling to get comfortable fit on Longines Hydroconquest bracelet... suggestions?

Journeyman

Struggling to get comfortable fit on Longines Hydroconquest bracelet... suggestions?

Hey All,

I have a Longines Hydroconquest on steel bracelet and I'm struggling to find a comfortable fit. I've already had all of the removable links taken out but I still find that the watch doesn't feel as comfortable as I'd like.

I've bought a half link from Longines, and I was wondering if replacing one of the permanent full-size links on the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet with this half link might help solve the problem. The blade/clasp doesn't seem to be centred currently which I suspect also plays a part in making the bracelet not feel so comfortable. I've played around with the micro-adjustments and don't find that it helps make the bracelet any more comfortable if I adjust it all the way out or all the way in. I've got quite small, flat wrists (6.25") and prefer a snug fit.

This is how the watch looks currently, with the clasp closed and shows that the blade isn't centred:

Clasp open:

I like to wear my watches high on my wrist but find that this link (circled) digs in after a while and makes me uncomfortable. I'm thinking that replacing this permanent link with the half link might sort this out, and centre the clasp better:

The permanent link I'm thinking of switching out for the half link (6 o'clock side):

I've reached out to Russell Talerman (Central London) who have said they can remove a permanent link in 1-2 days without damaging any other links but I've never had such heavy work done on a watch before, and I'm a bit worried about the whole process and the possibility of it causing damage/scratches etc.

I love the watch but I find that I'm wearing it less and less due to how uncomfortable the bracelet currently is. I'm even wondering if I should just go ahead and order the OEM rubber strap from Longines and give up on the bracelet altogether, even though I love divers on bracelets.

Sorry for rambling on and here's to hoping I don't sound too bonkers! If anyone's got any idea on how this small-wristed chap can make this bracelet fit more comfortably and be snug, I'd appreciate it!

Age old problem with these. I have one, my wife bought it back in 2014 for me but I rarely wear it as the bracelet is crap. Loads of people have the same issue as such little adjustment.

I also added a half link. Back when I did it the only option was a conquest half link which is squared off at one end so it’s not quite right. I see they now gave a proper one which you have.

The 2 issues seem to be because the bracelet doesn’t taper down in size and the clasp has hardly any micro adjustment.

If I were you I would try with the fix you suggest. If it doesn’t work you haven’t lost much. You won’t wear if it’s not comfortable.

If that doesn’t work put it on the rubber strap. Think I will be doing that as soon never wear mine.

James

I love Longines watches but if their's one thing they fail at it's bracelet's. They are terrible and so uncomfortable I either change it for one of my own or to a leather strap.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I wouldn’t recommend mullering the bracelet in the hope it might fit more comfortably.

Sell it while you can and look for another watch that fits you properly. That’s half the fun with this hobby.

Master
    Is that the 41mm or the 39mm?
    The reason I ask is that I have the 39mm and with a 6 3/4" wrist it fits quite well without the issue you have with the clasp, maybe because the lug-to-lug is shorter.
    If you have the 41mm, it might be worth trying a 39mm and if its fits you better, sell your watch and buy the smaller one.

Craftsman
    Have you got enough spare links to replace the entire section of permanent links with removeable ones thus avoiding any chopping?

Once that's done it looks like when the clasp is closed the inside bit like you say doesn't sit centred maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?
    This. You want that long folded 'blade' centred in the first place.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Is that the 41mm or the 39mm?
    The reason I ask is that I have the 39mm and with a 6 3/4" wrist it fits quite well without the issue you have with the clasp, maybe because the lug-to-lug is shorter.
    If you have the 41mm, it might be worth trying a 39mm and if its fits you better, sell your watch and buy the smaller one.
    It's the newer 41mm model with ceramic bezel. I wish they had updated the 39mm as well, as I much prefer the styling of the newer model vs. the old one. I would have bought this in 39mm if that was available. However, I don't see Longines releasing a 39mm upgraded Hydroconquest, especially since there's a trend for bigger dive watches these days... :(

Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    Have you got enough spare links to replace the entire section of permanent links with removeable ones thus avoiding any chopping?

Once that's done it looks like when the clasp is closed the inside bit like you say doesn't sit centred maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?
    I do have enough spare links for this, and I didn't think about doing that tbh. However, I'm not sure how I could do it. The mini polished centre link attached to the solid end link is attached to the next permanent link:

Master
    I see what you mean about size, however I do see a trend towards more sensible sizes ( for us with smaller wrists) such as the BB58 so don't give up.
    I did try a 41mm and found it too big. Mines has a metal bezel and I am happy with it. I also have a Rolex 116610 with a ceramic bezel and can't say that I would throw the baby out with the bath water just because the HC doesn't.

In the picture with the bracelet closed, the only conclusion I can reach is the watch is too big for your wrist. The blade needs to be centred as somebody else said, but if you end up with just 2 links on one side it must be too big for you. My wife has very small wrists amd her men’s tag aquaracer (bought about 20 years ago for £300 and still worn daily) has 3 links either side - any less than that and it will look very odd imho. I’d just sell the watch tbh.

Good evening
    Sorry to take one old topic. Please i really appreciate if somebody can help me with information about where i can but one or two links for the hydroconquest 41 mm? The links are 21 mm.
    I bought my watch second hand but i realise the strap is too short
    Thanks
    Regards
    C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m super busy to comment properly but have any of you tried the $15 rubber strap with deployant from aliexpress? Amazing value, oddly high quality and finally after 6 years I actually wear it. Bracelet on these watches are awful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sell it while you can and look for another watch that fits you properly. That’s half the fun with this hobby.
    While I had a lot of love for the HydroConquest, I ended up following Onelasttime's advice. I replaced the Longines with CW's C60 Elite 1000. It transpired that this CW's fit, finish and chronometer movement are all significantly better than the Longines. Who knew? And while Longines often fails at bracelets, the CW bracelet is incredibly comfortable (micro-adjustment on the fly, beautifully finished, supremely comfy).

Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I’m super busy to comment properly but have any of you tried the $15 rubber strap with deployant from aliexpress? Amazing value, oddly high quality and finally after 6 years I actually wear it. Bracelet on these watches are awful.
    That looks a nice fit to the HC.

I must admit, I find the HC bracelet OK, but I prefer straps generally, so a nicely fitting silicone strap would definitely be worth trying.

Did you use the original HC clasp?

M
    Last edited by snowman; 7th April 2021 at 14:52.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

You could message Watchfindershop on eBay.
    They have none that I can see but if you message them sometimes they have them as I needed some for a Hamilton and they actually had one.

They are pretty good for most high end watches.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    That looks a nice fit to the HC.

I must admit, I find the HC bracelet OK, but I prefer straps generally, so a nicely fitting silicone strap would definitely be worth trying.

Did you use the original HC clasp?

M
    No that clasp came with it.

It’s literally made the watch. Wear it a few days a week now.

Here’s the link:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400111...30b5aaae00c424

Thanks for all the answers. I think the replacement for a WD or that silicone from ali express are a very good option. Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Resurrection

I recently bought a brand new HC. I find the bracelet easy to adjust and very comfortable. What I didn't like was the PCLs so I brushed them out today. However I've been wearing it on this fitted rubber with Longines folding clasp and it's practically perfect.

I've also bought a ceramic insert as an upgrade.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 21st August 2021 at 21:01.

So much better with a brushed bracelet….

Struggling to get comfortable fit on Longines Hydroconquest bracelet... suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    While I had a lot of love for the HydroConquest, I ended up following Onelasttime's advice. I replaced the Longines with CW's C60 Elite 1000. It transpired that this CW's fit, finish and chronometer movement are all significantly better than the Longines. Who knew? And while Longines often fails at bracelets, the CW bracelet is incredibly comfortable (micro-adjustment on the fly, beautifully finished, supremely comfy).
    Totally agree about CW bracelet, and the superior fit and finish. I’ve recently bought a 38 mm C60 Trident Pro and 40 mm C60 Trident Pro GMT of different colour. Just so much fun buying CW watches in the sale for so little money, meaning I can enjoy buying watches even more frequently with less guilt.

Both CW bracelets fit brilliantly with the micro adjust, and they are certainly as comfy as my SubC.

My message to the Op is that a 41mm diver with a 51.5 mm lug-to-lug is just too big for a 6.25 inch wrist and that will add to the problem.

I have a larger wrist than the Op at 6.5 inches and my CW 38 mm diver with 45mm lug-to-lug compliments it perfectly.

I took me 10 years, but I now realise that with small wrists you should be aiming for 38/39mm divers, maybe 40mm tops. That, plus a lug-to lug of 45-47mm, and case height of ideally no more than 13 mm, ideally 12 mm.

With my 6.5 inch wrist, I will go to 41mm as long as the lug-to-lug is less than 47mm, and the height is no more than 12 mm.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 24th August 2021 at 21:04.