Hey All,

I have a Longines Hydroconquest on steel bracelet and I'm struggling to find a comfortable fit. I've already had all of the removable links taken out but I still find that the watch doesn't feel as comfortable as I'd like.

I've bought a half link from Longines, and I was wondering if replacing one of the permanent full-size links on the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet with this half link might help solve the problem. The blade/clasp doesn't seem to be centred currently which I suspect also plays a part in making the bracelet not feel so comfortable. I've played around with the micro-adjustments and don't find that it helps make the bracelet any more comfortable if I adjust it all the way out or all the way in. I've got quite small, flat wrists (6.25") and prefer a snug fit.

This is how the watch looks currently, with the clasp closed and shows that the blade isn't centred:

Clasp open:

I like to wear my watches high on my wrist but find that this link (circled) digs in after a while and makes me uncomfortable. I'm thinking that replacing this permanent link with the half link might sort this out, and centre the clasp better:

The permanent link I'm thinking of switching out for the half link (6 o'clock side):

I've reached out to Russell Talerman (Central London) who have said they can remove a permanent link in 1-2 days without damaging any other links but I've never had such heavy work done on a watch before, and I'm a bit worried about the whole process and the possibility of it causing damage/scratches etc.

I love the watch but I find that I'm wearing it less and less due to how uncomfortable the bracelet currently is. I'm even wondering if I should just go ahead and order the OEM rubber strap from Longines and give up on the bracelet altogether, even though I love divers on bracelets.

Sorry for rambling on and here's to hoping I don't sound too bonkers! If anyone's got any idea on how this small-wristed chap can make this bracelet fit more comfortably and be snug, I'd appreciate it!