closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Struggling to get comfortable fit on Longines Hydroconquest bracelet... suggestions?

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    65

    Struggling to get comfortable fit on Longines Hydroconquest bracelet... suggestions?

    Hey All,

    I have a Longines Hydroconquest on steel bracelet and I'm struggling to find a comfortable fit. I've already had all of the removable links taken out but I still find that the watch doesn't feel as comfortable as I'd like.

    I've bought a half link from Longines, and I was wondering if replacing one of the permanent full-size links on the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet with this half link might help solve the problem. The blade/clasp doesn't seem to be centred currently which I suspect also plays a part in making the bracelet not feel so comfortable. I've played around with the micro-adjustments and don't find that it helps make the bracelet any more comfortable if I adjust it all the way out or all the way in. I've got quite small, flat wrists (6.25") and prefer a snug fit.

    This is how the watch looks currently, with the clasp closed and shows that the blade isn't centred:


    Clasp open:


    I like to wear my watches high on my wrist but find that this link (circled) digs in after a while and makes me uncomfortable. I'm thinking that replacing this permanent link with the half link might sort this out, and centre the clasp better:


    The permanent link I'm thinking of switching out for the half link (6 o'clock side):



    I've reached out to Russell Talerman (Central London) who have said they can remove a permanent link in 1-2 days without damaging any other links but I've never had such heavy work done on a watch before, and I'm a bit worried about the whole process and the possibility of it causing damage/scratches etc.

    I love the watch but I find that I'm wearing it less and less due to how uncomfortable the bracelet currently is. I'm even wondering if I should just go ahead and order the OEM rubber strap from Longines and give up on the bracelet altogether, even though I love divers on bracelets.

    Sorry for rambling on and here's to hoping I don't sound too bonkers! If anyone's got any idea on how this small-wristed chap can make this bracelet fit more comfortably and be snug, I'd appreciate it!

  2. #2
    Age old problem with these. I have one, my wife bought it back in 2014 for me but I rarely wear it as the bracelet is crap. Loads of people have the same issue as such little adjustment.

    I also added a half link. Back when I did it the only option was a conquest half link which is squared off at one end so itís not quite right. I see they now gave a proper one which you have.

    The 2 issues seem to be because the bracelet doesnít taper down in size and the clasp has hardly any micro adjustment.

    If I were you I would try with the fix you suggest. If it doesnít work you havenít lost much. You wonít wear if itís not comfortable.

    If that doesnít work put it on the rubber strap. Think I will be doing that as soon never wear mine.

    James

  3. #3
    I love Longines watches but if their's one thing they fail at it's bracelet's. They are terrible and so uncomfortable I either change it for one of my own or to a leather strap.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  4. #4
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,361
    I wouldnít recommend mullering the bracelet in the hope it might fit more comfortably.

    Sell it while you can and look for another watch that fits you properly. Thatís half the fun with this hobby.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    753
    Is that the 41mm or the 39mm?
    The reason I ask is that I have the 39mm and with a 6 3/4" wrist it fits quite well without the issue you have with the clasp, maybe because the lug-to-lug is shorter.
    If you have the 41mm, it might be worth trying a 39mm and if its fits you better, sell your watch and buy the smaller one.

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    763
    Have you got enough spare links to replace the entire section of permanent links with removeable ones thus avoiding any chopping?

    Once that's done it looks like when the clasp is closed the inside bit like you say doesn't sit centred maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?

  7. #7
    Craftsman rodia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cork, ROI
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?
    This. You want that long folded 'blade' centred in the first place.

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Is that the 41mm or the 39mm?
    The reason I ask is that I have the 39mm and with a 6 3/4" wrist it fits quite well without the issue you have with the clasp, maybe because the lug-to-lug is shorter.
    If you have the 41mm, it might be worth trying a 39mm and if its fits you better, sell your watch and buy the smaller one.
    It's the newer 41mm model with ceramic bezel. I wish they had updated the 39mm as well, as I much prefer the styling of the newer model vs. the old one. I would have bought this in 39mm if that was available. However, I don't see Longines releasing a 39mm upgraded Hydroconquest, especially since there's a trend for bigger dive watches these days... :(

    Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    Have you got enough spare links to replace the entire section of permanent links with removeable ones thus avoiding any chopping?

    Once that's done it looks like when the clasp is closed the inside bit like you say doesn't sit centred maybe moving a full link from the 6 o'clock to 12 side would fix that and make it sit comfier on the wrist?
    I do have enough spare links for this, and I didn't think about doing that tbh. However, I'm not sure how I could do it. The mini polished centre link attached to the solid end link is attached to the next permanent link:


  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    753
    I see what you mean about size, however I do see a trend towards more sensible sizes ( for us with smaller wrists) such as the BB58 so don't give up.
    I did try a 41mm and found it too big. Mines has a metal bezel and I am happy with it. I also have a Rolex 116610 with a ceramic bezel and can't say that I would throw the baby out with the bath water just because the HC doesn't.

  10. #10
    In the picture with the bracelet closed, the only conclusion I can reach is the watch is too big for your wrist. The blade needs to be centred as somebody else said, but if you end up with just 2 links on one side it must be too big for you. My wife has very small wrists amd her menís tag aquaracer (bought about 20 years ago for £300 and still worn daily) has 3 links either side - any less than that and it will look very odd imho. Iíd just sell the watch tbh.

  11. #11
    Journeyman Caminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    100
    Good evening
    Sorry to take one old topic. Please i really appreciate if somebody can help me with information about where i can but one or two links for the hydroconquest 41 mm? The links are 21 mm.
    I bought my watch second hand but i realise the strap is too short
    Thanks
    Regards
    C.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Iím super busy to comment properly but have any of you tried the $15 rubber strap with deployant from aliexpress? Amazing value, oddly high quality and finally after 6 years I actually wear it. Bracelet on these watches are awful.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sell it while you can and look for another watch that fits you properly. That’s half the fun with this hobby.
    While I had a lot of love for the HydroConquest, I ended up following Onelasttime's advice. I replaced the Longines with CW's C60 Elite 1000. It transpired that this CW's fit, finish and chronometer movement are all significantly better than the Longines. Who knew? And while Longines often fails at bracelets, the CW bracelet is incredibly comfortable (micro-adjustment on the fly, beautifully finished, supremely comfy).

  14. #14
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    11,689
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I’m super busy to comment properly but have any of you tried the $15 rubber strap with deployant from aliexpress? Amazing value, oddly high quality and finally after 6 years I actually wear it. Bracelet on these watches are awful.
    That looks a nice fit to the HC.

    I must admit, I find the HC bracelet OK, but I prefer straps generally, so a nicely fitting silicone strap would definitely be worth trying.

    Did you use the original HC clasp?

    M
    Last edited by snowman; 7th April 2021 at 14:52.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  15. #15
    You could message Watchfindershop on eBay.
    They have none that I can see but if you message them sometimes they have them as I needed some for a Hamilton and they actually had one.

    They are pretty good for most high end watches.



    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    That looks a nice fit to the HC.

    I must admit, I find the HC bracelet OK, but I prefer straps generally, so a nicely fitting silicone strap would definitely be worth trying.

    Did you use the original HC clasp?

    M
    No that clasp came with it.

    Itís literally made the watch. Wear it a few days a week now.

    Hereís the link:

    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400111...30b5aaae00c424


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Journeyman Caminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    100
    Thanks for all the answers. I think the replacement for a WD or that silicone from ali express are a very good option. Thanks again


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information