closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquastar rises again.

This has to be one of my favourite watch photos ever!

I'd love one of these and will keep my eyes open for a nice used example - Sadly funds were a bit limited when there were on presale

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Bravo, great pics, thank you.
    Lovely, it looks really crisply made.
    And the lbue looks epic.
    2 small details strike me immediately though.
    The bezel looks (unusually) slightly smaller diameter than the case. Is it easy to grip and turn? A little overhang outside the case would be normal.
    The other is a lack of drilled lugs. I know the original never had srilled lugs either, but to me the square-ended lugs are crying out for a neat little centred pin hole.
    Dave

Craftsman
    I'd be all over a smaller version in that green.
    They can't seem to keep up with demand for the Deepstar though so I'm guessing it'll be a while before we see any other models and may never see a smaller version of this.

Great photos @pepere13. Would you mind letting me know your wrist size, please?

Quote Originally Posted by pepere13 View Post
    This thread lacks of pictures

Comparaison shot, the 666 and the SeaWolf are 36mm, CWC is 42x46

I hope a BOR bracelet will be available soon to compliment the watch according to my tastes
    Your collection is amazing, this little zodiac in the middle is a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Bravo, great pics, thank you.
    Lovely, it looks really crisply made.
    And the lbue looks epic.
    2 small details strike me immediately though.
    The bezel looks (unusually) slightly smaller diameter than the case. Is it easy to grip and turn? A little overhang outside the case would be normal.
    The other is a lack of drilled lugs. I know the original never had srilled lugs either, but to me the square-ended lugs are crying out for a neat little centred pin hole.
    Dave
    No problem whatsoever to use the bezel as intended without gloves ... how to operate it is an other problem though. Fortunately Aquastar website gave us the modus operandi : https://aquastar.ch/the-deepstar-bezel/

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Great photos @pepere13. Would you mind letting me know your wrist size, please?
    17cm ... I’ll let the inches conversion to you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Your collection is amazing, this little zodiac in the middle is a stunner
    Thank you very much. Out of topic but the Zodiac is my tdw actually

No problem whatsoever to use the bezel as intended without gloves ... how to operate it is an other problem though. Fortunately Aquastar website gave us the modus operandi : https://aquastar.ch/the-deepstar-bezel/

17cm ... I’ll let the inches conversion to you ;)

Thank you very much. Out of topic but the Zodiac is my tdw actually

This patina on the white dial is just looking great! Ok, let's stop here the digression so the thread goes back to aquastar

Journeyman
    This thread lacks of pictures

Comparaison shot, the 666 and the SeaWolf are 36mm, CWC is 42x46

I hope a BOR bracelet will be available soon to compliment the watch according to my tastes
    I know this is an aquastar thread, but that eterna...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    This has to be one of my favourite watch photos ever!

I'd love one of these and will keep my eyes open for a nice used example - Sadly funds were a bit limited when there were on presale

M
    There is a grey one up for £2.2 on Chrono24 right now.
    Think it's still got the stickers on!

If someone is up for it, I have a mate in France selling his brand new grey one for about 2000£

If someone is up for it, I have a mate in France selling his brand new grey one for about 2000£
    Deal of the month !

Craftsman
    If you get stung for VAT & import then it'll end up more than the £2.2k on Chrono24 and potentially more than getting it direct depending on how Aquastar are dealing with that on their store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    If you get stung for VAT & import then it'll end up more than the £2.2k on Chrono24 and potentially more than getting it direct depending on how Aquastar are dealing with that on their store.
    Possible!
    I still don't understand how can they justify this VAT thing between the UK and Europe, as there is a VAT in both so you pay full price in both already(vs with japan or usa where there is no VAT and you pay less for the watch so it's normal you have to pay a tax if brought to the UK). It's just here to help avoid people exchanging stuff between the UK and Europe...

Craftsman
    Possible!
    I still don't understand how can they justify this VAT thing between the UK and Europe, as there is a VAT in both so you pay full price in both already(vs with japan or usa where there is no VAT and you pay less for the watch so it's normal you have to pay a tax if brought to the UK). It's just here to help avoid people exchanging stuff between the UK and Europe...
    You only pay one or the other. But if buying s/h then both original buyer and you will pay vat in your respective countries.
    The same would happen buying from aUS state that has a sales tax for instance so it's no different really. Although I never realised that s/h goods were subject to vat on import before this as I've never bought from outside the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    You only pay one or the other. But if buying s/h then both original buyer and you will pay vat in your respective countries.
    The same would happen buying from aUS state that has a sales tax for instance so it's no different really. Although I never realised that s/h goods were subject to vat on import before this as I've never bought from outside the EU.
    Indeed - No different to buying anywhere else.

If you were visiting another country you may be able to reclaim their local sales tax as you leave and then pay VAT in the UK.

Some countries' retailers will remove the tax at point of sale, I think, but I've never actually tried this.

Obviously, some places have no sales tax, but many do - Sales tax in the US, as stated above, varies from State to State, but is often (usually?) added onto the listed price (bloody annoying habit I think - You go to the counter with the right money and then need to find another few cents or dollars... From my experience, I find it hard to believe the average American is a mental arithmetic gymnast! Maybe they just get used to it from habit...)

I guess s/h goods attract VAT at import because the presumption is that they've never had VAT applied when sold new - Whether they had tax applied in their original country is neither here nor there to the UK Treasury. When we were in the EU, there were reciprocal agreements in place, but 'the people spoke'...

M
    Last edited by snowman; 4th March 2021 at 10:09.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

A recent example: I asked Silverman’s to remove UK VAT for EU import on a CWC diver, which they did nicely.

UK retail price 899£ minus VAT => 740£ to pay to the seller

Can’t say what duties and tariffs you will be charged when it arrives in EU, as different amounts being charged by different EU countries.

But it’s definitely above 20% in France when you add VAT(20%) + VAT on the actual shipping cost + duty fees due to the carrier for custom declaration on the name of the final customer (an additional 50€).

Eventually I ended to not buy the watch to avoid those custom harassment :/

I guess it works the same way for UK importation ?

Anyway, now, for something totally different

It works very well with a MN strap too imho

I would have had trouble to choose between the blue and green if the last colour was available before

Edit with an interesting review from Doc McClean Millar : https://adiveintotime.com/deepstar-2020/
    Last edited by pepere13; 4th March 2021 at 10:55.