closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesla’s - Leasing?

Tesla’s - Leasing?

I’m toying with the idea of leasing a Tesla through my business, BIC is currently zero and what with the economy shot I don’t really want my own money sat in expensive metal at the moment.

I’m thinking a Model 3 Performance?

Any good lease deals around?

How do you go about charging these things at home?!

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Easiest thing is to get a proper charge point fitted for about £500

Imo the best lease comparison site

https://leasing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla don't discount even to leasing companies so the deals are all very similar, bit like Rolex there is no bargain price new Tesla's, does help residuals though so you get it back that way.

I'm very interested in leasing an electric car when my current comes up for renewal - I am thinking iPace or Model Y Performance, as I do want a bit more space and a hatchback.

I am hoping the Model Y is available by next October, when I will do the change.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Thanks for the replies.

The Model 3 Performance seems to be about £550ish plus VAT which isn’t bad, much better than the Model S with similar performance.

I much prefer ICE cars but don’t want to spend on say another 911 in this economic climate and with BIC rates currently at zero it seems a no brainer?

Is anyone clued up on how long the BIC benefit lasts? Don’t want to get stung half way through a term!

Charging - can this be done off a normal socket? I’d drive to work and just plug in there you see, I’m at the factory 10 hours a day so no need for fast charge.

Cheers

The BIK is 1%, 2% and 3% over the next three years but after that, who knows.

I can’t see it going up massively though.

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Charging - can this be done off a normal socket? I’d drive to work and just plug in there you see, I’m at the factory 10 hours a day so no need for fast charge.
    As it was explained to me, you can charge off a 3-pin socket however it will take a lot longer to recharge. But you can buy a wall connector (needs an electrician to install it) that charges much quicker.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

You can charge off a three pin socket with the EVSE which should be supplied with the vehicle at 2kw. A dedicated wall charger will allow you to charge at 3.6 or 7.2kw.

Ten hours on a three pin socket should give enough range for about seventh miles.

Blog Entries
    I have a M3P on a business lease and one month in I could not be happier. The whole EV experience something else.

I charge via a Tesla Wall Charger which works perfectly with the car as you would expect.

Happy to chat if required and great choice of car, the car amazes with every passing week and is a real slap in the face to the main car manufactures who are simply miles behind in many aspects, but not build.....

Pitch

Hi Pitch,

id be interested to know what lease deal you have and the BIK costs? PM if need be.

What are the running costs like? I’ve read around 250 miles on a charge but how much is “a charge”?

These may be daft questions but I’m new to all this so apologies!

Have you finished leasing the erroneous apostrophe yet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The BIK is 1%, 2% and 3% over the next three years but after that, who knows.

I can’t see it going up massively though.

Its 0% bik April 20/21
    1% bik April 21/22
    2% bik April 22/23
    Only know as done so myself and can see it being adjusted as more people get drawn in very much worth doing now though

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

The Model 3 Performance seems to be about £550ish plus VAT which isn’t bad, much better than the Model S with similar performance.

I much prefer ICE cars but don’t want to spend on say another 911 in this economic climate and with BIC rates currently at zero it seems a no brainer?

Is anyone clued up on how long the BIC benefit lasts? Don’t want to get stung half way through a term!

Cheers
    You can charge off a 3 point plug via the granny charger most firms supply you with
    However - it needs to be a well insulated extension and waterproof if you’re using one

I’m charging my i3 from one and it charges about 10 miles per hour
    I’m getting a proper wall charger installed though as there is a grant bringing it down to about £450

You’ll feel so smug driving past petrol stations
    Use zap map to check your local charging infrastructure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly I just did an insurance quote for one of these as I see the insurance group is very high, however it came back with circa £350

Electric Cars

I bought an electric Golf at the start of the year, and it rapidly replaced our other Golf as the family's favourite vehicle.

If I was buying another electric car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Tesla, and for one main reason. My experience of the charging network/infrastructure has been truly appalling. It seems to be a complete mess and I suspect it's run by a random mixture of small private companies, councils, charities and the like. On a recent trip, four of the five towns in which we tried to charge had non-functioning chargers, and the info on ZapMap was not always up to date. The anxiety level was increasing rapidly!

The Tesla system on the other hand seems to be pretty reliable, and of course is set up by the same company, and the chargers are much more rapid too, so that with a short stop for a coffee and a pee you can add a meaningful amount of range.

It's of no particular importance to me, but when a friend took me for a drive in his Model 3 performance it was scarily fast - like nothing I have ever been in before. The acceleration was astonishing.

Best wishes,
    Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by martynw View Post
    It's of no particular importance to me, but when a friend took me for a drive in his Model 3 performance it was scarily fast - like nothing I have ever been in before. The acceleration was astonishing.
    What really impressed me about the acceleration was the complete lack of lag when you pressed the pedal, it is just unreal and quite an experience.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.