closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone Bought From - est1897

Anyone Bought From - est1897

Afternoon.

I have come across watch and jewellery seller - est1897.

Originally I found them on Chrono24 but having done some research they seem to have ALOT of watches on Chrono24 and on their website est1897.co.uk

Lots of the their watches are without papers and they seem to be affiliated with HL pawnbrokers? They do have ALOT of stock of high value watches!

Anyone have any experiences with them? Good or bad?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    They are the branded sales division of Harvey & Thompson pawnbrokers, the largest publicly-listed pawnbroker in the UK.

Their watches tend to be expensive and I fear that quality / expertise may not justify same.

Decent company with sound leadership at the top, but they need to beef up or change some of the faces in charge of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    They are the branded sales division of Harvey & Thompson pawnbrokers, the largest publicly-listed pawnbroker in the UK.

Their watches tend to be expensive and I fear that quality / expertise may not justify same.

Decent company with sound leadership at the top, but they need to beef up or change some of the faces in charge of watches.
    Thank you. I just bought a watch from them and have not found them very welcoming like I would have expected from a proper watch shop given the amount spent. The watch is fine and as expected/described but their communication was awful throughout. I agree with you - I don’t feel the watch knowledge/expertise is quite there.

I tried messaging you a couple days ago but your inbox is full - It was just a question regarding miltonaires website - is it updated regularly? Is there anywhere we can get alerts for new watches due in etc? Many thanks.

Journeyman
    I figured they were linked to pawn brokers, pretty much everything on their site is without box and papers.

The prices are quite high but sometimes they will drastically reduce languishing stock. Bought an el primero from them pretty cheap a while back as it was sat in their inventory for ages.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I never look at the Rolex prices so couldn’t comment.

Iwc/zenith and other brand prices aren’t bad when they do 25% off. Which is quite regularly. Most don’t have box/papers but some do. Few diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Never purchased from them but would do for the right piece/price.

Haywood perhaps you can shed light on this! Are all the pieces non-redeemed pawns? I thought lots over 75quid had to be auctioned? Do they get around this by offering to purchase at the end for the value of the pawn? The reason I ask is H&T are big users of fellows for pawnbroker auctions.

Funny, I found these guys in the last week. Was wondering what their deal was.

Seems a similar setup with Market Cross jewellers, perhaps?
    They seem to have stuff well priced but always sketchy sets, no papers or whatever.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Haywood perhaps you can shed light on this! Are all the pieces non-redeemed pawns? I thought lots over 75quid had to be auctioned? Do they get around this by offering to purchase at the end for the value of the pawn? The reason I ask is H&T are big users of fellows for pawnbroker auctions.
    The pieces will probably be a mix of unredeemed pledges and watches that have simply been bought over the counter.

No, items do not need to be auctioned. They may be sold by private treaty, the legal / regulatory requirement being that they are sold for fair market value. There is an argument that auction --- especially after modern levels of buyer and seller fees have been taken --- does not realise this.

Yes, H&T do put a lot of items through auction but many are unsold. I believe this suits them from an accounting point of view.

Bought a speedy reduced but the chronograph did not reset to 12 after some months. Considered taking it back but someone had a bad experience at wigen store so kept as is.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Bought a speedy reduced but the chronograph did not reset to 12 after some months. Considered taking it back but someone had a bad experience at wigen store so kept as is.
    They offer a 12month warranty on all their watches. I can see the concern at returning to a company that seems to have little watch knowledge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    They offer a 12month warranty on all their watches. I can see the concern at returning to a company that seems to have little watch knowledge though.

Yes the poster said there was damage after the fix which is why i didnt use the 12 month guarantee

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post

I tried messaging you a couple days ago but your inbox is full - It was just a question regarding miltonaires website - is it updated regularly? Is there anywhere we can get alerts for new watches due in etc? Many thanks.
    Inbox intentionally left full now, as some thoughtless members could not stop themselves from treating me as their personal advisor or sales person, rather than dealing with the 80 people I employ to handle straightforward enquiries that have no place in forum messages.

Yes, that website updated regularly.

No, we don't offer any alert service. Primarily we are bricks and mortar stores, not offering any mail order or internet business. We face the same problems as main agents in many ways. When you have a hundred enquiries for most steel professional models, how do you manage them to everyone's satisfaction?

Just wondering if anyone has used this seller recently.

I’ve asked for this to be delivered to Edinburgh, seems like a decent price.

https://est1897.co.uk/products/tudor...our-mens-watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used this seller recently.

I’ve asked for this to be delivered to Edinburgh, seems like a decent price.

https://est1897.co.uk/products/tudor...our-mens-watch
    I used them a few years ago. All went well. They are H and T Pawnbrokers.

Thanks, they do seem to have some good deals as said above when items are discounted.

Master
    Yep, used them once, all good

Craftsman
    I used them in about 2018, maybe 2017 buying a 16600 Sea Dweller. I actually put an offer in at the shop which they needed to put to head office but they accepted.

I think they were offering 10% discount on watches which excluded Rolex but I said if they honoured it on the SD I would buy it. Think I got it for £2800-ish (box but no papers and a dint on a bracelet link), those were the days!

Craftsman
    Yes I bought a gmt master from them, no issues would use them again

Thanks for all the positive comments, not in the store yet, probably after Christmas I'd expect now for the watch to view.