closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Rolex OP colourful dials

The new Rolex OP colourful dials

I'm thinking of getting the new Oyster Perpetual with a red or yellow dial. Are they hard to get hold of from ADs, has anyone bought one yet?

Cheers

James

Craftsman
    Apparently the 36mm will be easy, demand for the 41mm is quite strong at the minute. 5-10 names for the bright colours at my AD. Apparently :)

Saw the yellow dial at my Ad yesterday. I like em.

Thanks. Will search next time.

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    The yellow or red would be my choice. I just don’t fancy the Rolex AD games so may just buy grey and be done with it. Life is to short.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the new Oyster Perpetual with a red or yellow dial. Are they hard to get hold of from ADs, has anyone bought one yet?

Cheers

James
    Hi James

How’s it going?

Have you been into M&W, I got very little from them when I popped in there the other day however that was just after the new watch announcements. It might be worth a chat with them to see if they can source a specific colour for you?
    They do seem to be seeing a lot more stock than usual, certainly I’ve heard of a few SS sports being picked up over the last couple of weeks.

Take care
    Duncan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Was it available for sale, or just display? I’m after the yellow 41mm for me and green 36mm for my wife.

Not easy to get yet. Going over list at the moment. I’m after a Tiffany blue and maybe a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanfisken View Post
    Hi James

How’s it going?

Have you been into M&W, I got very little from them when I popped in there the other day however that was just after the new watch announcements. It might be worth a chat with them to see if they can source a specific colour for you?
    They do seem to be seeing a lot more stock than usual, certainly I’ve heard of a few SS sports being picked up over the last couple of weeks.

Take care
    Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Im ok thanks and you?

I don't have a great relationship with them anymore. Despite sending a fortune with them over the years. I bought an Omega cheap from them in the sale, sold it on here (for less) and that person contacted them direct and since then they don't want to sell me anything decent. In all honesty its no big deal, the whole game with Rolex ADs is tiresome. I have bought my last 3 DateJusts from grey dealers in the UK, US and Monaco all fine.

Think I will do the same on this one.

Cheers

James

Bought the 36mm with the red dial. Will post up pictures when it comes.

Journeyman
    I’m good thanks, bit of island fever setting in. I also have two young daughters on the mainland and haven’t seen them since Feb, so that’s a real nightmare.

Look forward to seeing the watch, really interested to see what they look like in the flesh.

Have a good evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanfisken View Post
    I’m good thanks, bit of island fever setting in. I also have two young daughters on the mainland and haven’t seen them since Feb, so that’s a real nightmare.

Look forward to seeing the watch, really interested to see what they look like in the flesh.

Have a good evening.

I will give you a shout when its here and we can meet for a coffee if you want to see it.

Friend of mine picked up a 41mm Blue dial today.

Expressed an interest just post launch and was told "maybe 2021" but it came in this week and he's got it on the wrist today. Looked very nice in the pics he sent me.

I don't have a great relationship with them anymore. Despite sending a fortune with them over the years. I bought an Omega cheap from them in the sale, sold it on here (for less) and that person contacted them direct and since then they don't want to sell me anything decent.
    No good deed... This place is something else sometimes.

Journeyman
    I feel those vibrant coloured dials feel cheap and swatchy.

The dials are not even sunburst ffs. The olive green looks nothing like the one on the President models. Its a dull hebe green.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post

The dials are not even sunburst ffs. The olive green looks nothing like the one on the President models. Its a dull hebe green.
    Have you seen them in person?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post

Harsh but not completely unfair, in my view. It does come across as a bit “fashion” item. Wasn’t there a “Beach” version of the Daytona a few years back which again appeared to be targeting a different market.

Craftsman

Fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Harsh but not completely unfair, in my view. It does come across as a bit “fashion” item. Wasn’t there a “Beach” version of the Daytona a few years back which again appeared to be targeting a different market.
    Having seen the OP releases in person, they are as unimpressive in real life as they were in the images released. The coral(Red) is the same colour as a supermarket tomato soup! and the Yellow looks like the colour Skoda used about a decade ago.

With numerous manufacturers already having released models in the similar colour spectrum to these Rolex models, but mind you I have not heard anyone rushing out to get the Nomos (Tiffany) Tetra etc, these are clearly directed at the instant fashion crowd.

The Beach Daytona Rolex which came with a Mother of pearl dials were impressive and very clearly designed for the Female buyers who were looking for some serious glam on the wrist when they were released.

Master
    I think it is a smart release from Rolex. OK, they may not appeal to many on the forum, but Rolex recognise demand is driven by fashion and instagram more so thatn a watch form. These watches are ideal for that purpose.

Spoke to my local dealer about these releases out of interest - I am not in the market. They have already sold out their full allocation until Christmas. So next year before any further are going to get one and there are already waiting lists especially for the two largest sizes.

Would be nice if we see a load of Rolex colour in shop windows, but who knows if and when we will get to that stage.

My wife bought this 41mm today. Its lovely and subtle in the green and wears really nicely. Its a perfect size.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    My wife bought this 41mm today. Its lovely and subtle in the green and wears really nicely.

I quite like that. Unusual but works.

Was just wearing my dads 50 year old OP today and it’s still looking good after all those years of not so gentle use.

My wife bought this 41mm today. Its lovely and subtle in the green and wears really nicely. Its a perfect size.

Very nice. When you get chance it would be good to see an outdoors photo in natural light

Pick of the new colours for me. Fair play to your wife for picking a colour you will wear as well! :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely shot. I'd assumed the OP41 would be too large for my wife, but maybe not. Look forward to some wrist shorts.

I haven't seen any of the new OPs in person yet but from pics I've seen the green is the pick of the bunch. Best of luck with the new business.

These are on my 7.5inch wrist

Craftsman
    I have the green dial on order as per the recommendation form my AD. He reckons it’s absolutely stunning in the flesh and looking at those photos I would tend to agree.
    I also really like the yellow although not sure if it’s a bit too brash !!

Master
    Also ordered the green OP,any idea of wait time.My AD said 6-12 months,but possibly 3 .

Master
    That’s a very Rolex Green! Looks good and a bit different

Mine landed yesterday...

I really like it, totally different to what I have had from Rolex before.

Untitled by watch_jhr, on Flickr

That's really nice James. Quite loud but very cool and different for a Rolex.

Master
    I rather like them. Attractive , bright, colours. But will they age well or just seem temporary fashions?
    Hard to know at the moment. Worth a gamble.

Mine landed yesterday...

Untitled by watch_jhr, on Flickr
    That looks lovely!

Mine landed yesterday...

Really like that . Perfect size for you. Can I ask was it a blind buy or did you see it at an AD before you bought it? I really like the silver dial but need to see it first (plus try the 41mm too which is sure to be too big for my 7 inch wrists but want to check to make sure).

Journeyman
    Tell her it's too big for a woman. But if needs be you'll wear it

Must say I like all these new colours, and 41mm is the perfect size for me. The turquoise is my favourite

Blog Entries
    These are on my 7.5inch wrist

I think that looks great and that size is the sweet spot for me. Like James's red one as well but this green looks just right for a Rolex.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Both of those look great. I'd happily wear either. I also like the look of the Yellow as well.

Someone somewhere will be putting together a set of these...

I was really dismissive of these at first but the real world pics have changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I was really dismissive of these at first but the real world pics have changed my mind.
    I was laughing my backside off at how stupid they were and all the idiots who would buy them now I think they're really nice and I want to try the 41 on. The green and the red look great and either could be one for next year.

Master
    I feel a little of the opposite. I normally
    Love green and my name is down for one, but I wish it was sunburst like the 34mm was

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Absolutely agree. Partly in natural light they just look better, but partly also it's that when they were grouped together in publicity shots it was just a riot of colour, but individually they are much easier to appreciate.

I think my favourite is the green dial but the red looks really nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Really like that . Perfect size for you. Can I ask was it a blind buy or did you see it at an AD before you bought it? I really like the silver dial but need to see it first (plus try the 41mm too which is sure to be too big for my 7 inch wrists but want to check to make sure).
    Bought blind, 36mm is the perfect size for me, just fits me so well.

the Rolex '41' size is on the limit for me, I can wear them ok but just not as comfortable as the 36.

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I rather like them. Attractive , bright, colours. But will they age well or just seem temporary fashions?
    Hard to know at the moment. Worth a gamble.
    A gamble is right. I fear they won’t age well.

Craftsman
    On release I showed my 15 year old daughter and she fell in love with the Tiffany blue. My AD knows they have until March to get me one. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I was laughing my backside off at how stupid they were and all the idiots who would buy them now I think they're really nice and I want to try the 41 on. The green and the red look great and either could be one for next year.
    I was a bit the same, have my name down for a green now. They look great on the wrist pictures here.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    I was a bit the same, have my name down for a green now. They look great on the wrist pictures here.
    I'm due in soon to collect two links for a DSSD so will see if they let me try one on.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I'm due in soon to collect two links for a DSSD so will see if they let me try one on.
    Local AD had a green on Monday for a customer but I couldn’t get in to see it in the metal. Be interested in your thoughts when you do.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think that this colour version of the Rolex are approached more for young people and for sports. Old guys like me make difficult to wear one but looks nice.