closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon mesh-any users?

Amazon mesh-any users?

We’ve just upgraded the woeful broadband with a slightly quicker fibre option however the signal is pretty awful from floor to floor. So I’m looking at a wireless mesh to spread the distribution of the WiFi. I have existing echos which were set up before my amazon password messed up. Has anyone set one up and can you confirm if you need your amazon log in details to do so?

FFF

Can't confirm but I'd go with Orbi or Ubiquiti in any case. I'd also keep the main access point/base station away from the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Can't confirm but I'd go with Orbi or Ubiquiti in any case. I'd also keep the main access point/base station away from the TV.
    Thanks....Im not tech savvy enough to know the reason why that’s shouldn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Thanks....Im not tech savvy enough to know the reason why that’s shouldn’t happen.
    Batters the signal. Also leaving it next to an Xbox or dvd player that gets very warm does it no favours either.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Batters the signal. Also leaving it next to an Xbox or dvd player that gets very warm does it no favours either.
    👍👍👍👍

Craftsman
    Before you go full in on a mesh, try a WiFi repeater/access point.

My virgin super hub is truly pants. I have added a WiFi repeater on the first floor still very close. I now get full coverage throughout the house and in the garden (the super hub doesn’t reach the garden at all)

Mine is only a cheap

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-WA850RE-...8-3&th=1&psc=1

There is another one for 80quid which I’m sure will cover a very large house. Mines not big (the house 😉) but does have solid 1920s walls.

These can also be set as an access point. Which I believe in theory means your device will choose the device with the strongest single. As one of the main floors with a repeater is re-connecting in different parts of the house.

We got a Linksys mesh and haven’t looked back. No idea how, but in addition to the signal improvement, the speed is also a lot higher than it was pre-mesh (using the same WiFi hub)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I used Deco and delighted with it

We have Orbi over 3 floors (2 satellites and one router), without it, even with a repeater I had no internal WiFI in my office on Level 3 (just that which leaked outside and back in through the window).

Now I can stay connected to the work VPN, whilst streaming TV on the Surface Pro, all the while with 20+ other devices connected.

Plus it does the device security and provides a white/blacklist so it stops Spam & Phishing attacks before they start.

admittedly I have a 0.5 GB connection, but without the Orbi I’d have to sit at the kitchen table with the laptop to log into work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Before you go full in on a mesh, try a WiFi repeater/access point.

My virgin super hub is truly pants. I have added a WiFi repeater on the first floor still very close. I now get full coverage throughout the house and in the garden (the super hub doesn’t reach the garden at all)

Mine is only a cheap

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-WA850RE-...8-3&th=1&psc=1

There is another one for 80quid which I’m sure will cover a very large house. Mines not big (the house ) but does have solid 1920s walls.

These can also be set as an access point. Which I believe in theory means your device will choose the device with the strongest single. As one of the main floors with a repeater is re-connecting in different parts of the house.
    Thanks, I’ve tried a TP link one of those and all its seems to do is increase the signal downstairs but completely messes it up upstairs.