I know its early to be thinking about this, or maybe its not but I've a bit of a problem. Speaking to my mum the other day she's come up with the idea of limiting the amount of money we spend on presents this year. Before we just used to ask and we'd get what generally asked for (within reason). Thing is this means there are very few surprises and its getting boring asking for amazon vouchers and all we're doing is essentially shifting the same amount of money about. The other problem both my folks are in their early 70's so to be honest generally have everything they want, or if they want something they just get it. I'm the same in that generally I'm lucky enough to be able to buy most things I want so become a nightmare at birthdays / xmas.

So its now £20 limit each for my 74 year old folks. I've been thinking about and I'm drawing a blank due to lack of imagination so open it to the TZUK hive. My folks like rambling, being outdoors, have a nice garden, mum likes jigsaws (hang on I may have just solved one!). It can be fun / useful / serious. What do you guys get your elderly parents?