closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I'm a bracelet guy so this mockup on the Speedy Tuesday Facebook group looks better than the strap for me.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    100x better

Craftsman
    Can someone smarter than me confirm if snoopy is flying the correct direction around the moon on the back of the watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Can someone smarter than me confirm if snoopy is flying the correct direction around the moon on the back of the watch?
    Interesting point. In the Apollo 13 film they go around the back of the moon and as they come out the moon is to their right. On the watch the moon is to the left of Snoopy so you might just have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Interesting point. In the Apollo 13 film they go around the back of the moon and as they come out the moon is to their right. On the watch the moon is to the left of Snoopy so you might just have a point
    Snoopy sitting in the Service Module I can cope with, but travelling in the wrong direction!!?? Unforgivable 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Snoopy sitting in the Service Module I can cope with, but travelling in the wrong direction!!?? Unforgivable 藍
    Completely killed it for me now, thank god I didn't put a deposit down

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Why oh why did Omega not put the snoopy module on a clear disc, this would give a better impression of floating through space.

The transparent stick the are using is clearly obvious.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Yes it's like something from a Punch and Judy show, I have still ordered one mind.

Apparently the North American OB's have closed deposits for new orders, they were asking 100% up front in a lot of cases though.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Why oh why did Omega not put the snoopy module on a clear disc, this would give a better impression of floating through space.

I would imagine the reason would be that the mass of a clear disk would be huge in relation to the mass of a pointer, which would put huge strain on the joint between the pivot and the disk with the force generated during a chrono reset.

I'm assuming that the snoopy module resets with the sweep hand, if it's on an indirect drive with some form of disengagement during a reset then that's a different matter of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Funny how everyone moans about the number of watches that Omega bang out, yet when they do everyone wants one. What a fickle bunch we are
    If Eddie banned moaning, a lot of people here will have tons of extra time on hands:-)

It will be interesting to see what happens to the price of these down the line..

At these sort of prices, a fair number of people buying are only doing so because they have an expectation of a profit on resale. However, this is not a limited edition and Omega have gone out of their way to emphasise this. It looks pretty easy to buy one currently and if Omega don't limit production, why would this change?

Nobody is going to be paying a premium when they can get one at retail (or less! ) pretty easily.

There is a distinct possibility that these could be found much cheaper a few months after release. How long would resellers hold off in the face of Omega continuing to produce them in fair numbers?

Mitch

Can you imagine the craziness if this was limited to 1970 along with the usual comments of 'yet another LE from Omega' and 'would have been better to release this as standard production run so the real watch enthusiasts can get one and not just the flippers'

I guess you can't win. I personally don't care, I'm buying one because it is awesome
    Last edited by ataripower; 7th October 2020 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens to the price of these down the line..

At these sort of prices, a fair number of people buying are only doing so because they have an expectation of a profit on resale. However, this is not a limited edition and Omega have gone out of their way to emphasise this. It looks pretty easy to buy one currently and if Omega don't limit production, why would this change?

Nobody is going to be paying a premium when they can get one at retail (or less! ) pretty easily.

There is a distinct possibility that these could be found much cheaper a few months after release. How long would resellers hold off in the face of Omega continuing to produce them in fair numbers?

Mitch
    Hey Mitch

I guess its all down to availability and how many each AD gets per year / or not ???

I don't think Submariners / GMT's or Daytonas - are Limited Editions either..and they are produced in big numbers and they seem to be doing ok..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

I guess it might have to do with the torque required to drive all these things from the base movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Mitch

I’m not sure where you’re getting the information from about a fair number only buying because their expectations is to make money from it.

I have placed a deposit because I love the Speedy Professional, having owned the Speedy Tuesday, Standard one, the Olympic 2020 and now the panda dial. In my opinion this one is the most beautiful one that have done and I am purchasing because of that reason. The watch is very expensive, I can’t see it ever being a watch that will sell above the RRP. I honestly don’t care about that.

I know this will be a mass produced watch and not a limited edition, it will never be anywhere near the Silver Snoopy. However they won’t discount it also, why would they? The watch retail industry is now different to what it was 5 years ago, look at the Tudor BB58, still going strong and still can’t get a discount.

I have been told to expect it after Christmas, that’s fine. I honestly hope there’s not a waiting list so real owners can enjoy this future classic.

Master
    And still the standard Speedy Pro looks better. What a fabulous original design. And the least expensive.
    This design just messes it up. I mean, just stand back and look at it.
    Last edited by paskinner; 7th October 2020 at 14:57.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hand...d-50th-review/

No lume on the Snoopy or the bezel insert this time round - which is rather disappointing. Some good wrist shots. Apologies if already posted.

Master
    I'm also a bit disappointed no lume on snoopy or the bezel - that would have nicely topped it all off for me. Still, like Wes, I'm really liking this watch. The panda dial, upgraded movement, and that caseback is very cool to me. I actually like that it's not a limited edition, so real fans can get one, and enjoy it.

My only concern is Beaverbrooks goes bankrupt from COVID before I get the watch! They did say the deposit is protected..

Master
    Probably been said, but how cool is the back of the watch and what it does, worth getting just for that

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I’m not sure where you’re getting the information from about a fair number only buying because their expectations is to make money from it.

I have placed a deposit because I love the Speedy Professional, having owned the Speedy Tuesday, Standard one, the Olympic 2020 and now the panda dial. In my opinion this one is the most beautiful one that have done and I am purchasing because of that reason. The watch is very expensive, I can’t see it ever being a watch that will sell above the RRP. I honestly don’t care about that.

I know this will be a mass produced watch and not a limited edition, it will never be anywhere near the Silver Snoopy. However they won’t discount it also, why would they? The watch retail industry is now different to what it was 5 years ago, look at the Tudor BB58, still going strong and still can’t get a discount.

I have been told to expect it after Christmas, that’s fine. I honestly hope there’s not a waiting list so real owners can enjoy this future classic.

Totally agree i think its awesome
    Yes its an expensive speed-master but i love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My deposit has been paid, it’s a watch that I’ve been waiting to see for a while and I love it, I completely agree, it’s an expensive watch and has been very keenly priced and as others have said, that might keep the speculators at bay, I can’t see this bringing any profits.

Well some people will try and some people have more money than patience!

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s actually disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Well some people will try and some people have more money than patience!

I dont understand how people are advertising a watch which they dont have as it was only received 2 days ago.

Crazy world

Master
    Chancers of course, but surely it won't be selling for that price for a non-limited watch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    I dont understand how people are advertising a watch which they dont have as it was only received 2 days ago.

Crazy world
    They literally couldn’t connect with it so they’re moving it on 😆

Watch was only unveiled yesterday lol. These people must have first dibs lol

Craftsman
    I have got to say I love this and the blue with white dial look stunning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Its fabulously childish and brings out the inner 7 year old in me (51)....reminds me of toys from days gone by ...Action Man with swivel eyes, 007 Esprit with firing rockets i lost and replaced with matches, Clarks Commandos with compass in the heel, knives with fire starters and fishing tackle in the handle.....

All utterly daft pretty useless but yet incredibly addictive and well lighthearted....lifes too short and full of bad shit...

So.

Im also going on zee list.....

Fast forward to 2.10 for caseback childishness....

Action man with swivel eyes - were you one of the posh kids? I won’t tell you about my limited edition action man deserter, but do you remember the six million dollar man and you could look through his eye.

Not sure 6 million dollars would buy that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Chancers of course, but surely it won't be selling for that price for a non-limited watch anyway.
    The Daytona is a non limited watch so is the blue Sky Dweller, both carry huge premiums on the grey market.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Action Man with swivel eyes
    Who can forget Eagle Eyes Action man ... that series of tiny had plenty of cool innovations.

Not having any Omega AD relationship, I think I'll be waiting to pick this up cheap on SC in the new year.

You be very lucky!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The Daytona is a non limited watch so is the blue Sky Dweller, both carry huge premiums on the grey market.
    Point taken, but this is no daytona! And speaking to the OB I was dealing with, this is obtainable to some extent whereas the daytona much more difficult to obtain, if not impossible.

If these sell for £20k in grey market on release I will be surprised. But I guess anything can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    Who can forget Eagle Eyes Action man ... that series of tiny had plenty of cool innovations.

Haha...who didn’t want one of these back in 77 (Jubilee Year).....a more charmed life then ..no mobile phones, no ipads, no internet, no Facebook....we were content with a Raleigh Chopper or Grifter and a football, school summer holidays were weeks of being out of the house messing around and a possibly a trip to Tenby taking 4 hours in a stifling Cortina with no air-con (if your hot just open a window)..and let more warm air in.

But I am convinced our love for daft, ridiculous things like the caseback of the epic new Speedy originates for many of us from the stuff of our childhood pre everything becoming electronic...

Last edited by TKH; 8th October 2020 at 07:31.

Point taken, but this is no daytona! And speaking to the OB I was dealing with, this is obtainable to some extent whereas the daytona much more difficult to obtain, if not impossible.

If these sell for £20k in grey market on release I will be surprised. But I guess anything can happen!
    I'm sure there will be isolated incidents of the early delivered Watches selling at a premium, someone who wants one and is prepared to pay a bit more for bragging rights and not having to wait months etc. It happened with the first few Speedy Tuesday's, but once more hit the market place the price will stabilise.

I think the list price of this and the new Ed White (still not seen one in the flesh - anyone got one?) will kill off the speculators to some degree. I just cannot see Watchfinder and the likes paying £9k+ to buy one of these in. This of course is great news for those who actually want to buy and wear the watch.

Master
    I didn’t want to speak to my AD about this as it’s unlikely I’d buy, so I tentatively enquired via their social media and the response was that they’d had a lot of enquiries and to speak directly to the store I dealt with to see if I could get on the list.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post

If you like the colour scheme, I would say one of these would be a better buy:

I really dislike the hands on this model, so the new Snoopy is still the better watch for me (albeit I won't be buying one)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    100x better
    I'm not convinced, the bracelet doesn't look right to me.

You are right, it is not a Daytona which is an icon but a common theme is likely to be that in both cases demand substantially outstrips supply, certainly initially in the case of the Snoopy 3.
    If that is the case then substantial premiums will inevitably be the result. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

Master
    Trafford Centre OB put an estimated delivery date of 18th March 2021 on my deposit receipt.

The (long) wait starts...

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Trafford Centre OB put an estimated delivery date of 18th March 2021 on my deposit receipt.

The (long) wait starts...

Yeah I have a similar wait with the same AD. Roll on March, however I bet it will come forward with people deciding against it.

Yeah I have a similar wait with the same AD. Roll on March, however I bet it will come forward with people deciding against it.

When the moonphase with the footprint was released they said three months, didn't see one for over a year. The first Speedy Tuesday was also slow out, but as I recall the Ultraman was quite quick.

Timing suits me, gives me time to line up my ducks...

Master
    https://youtu.be/ygcsXn7Hd_c

A bit more detail about the mechanical side of the watch. Worth a watch :)

I have just heard that deliveries will not be made till 2022. You heard it here first and don’t ask my source. I idea why they released now, but for those with deposits down hmmmmmmmmmm.

Who from?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Who from?

Sales Manager at Omega

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

“””Don’t ask my source”””

First question: “”From who?””

“Omega Sales Manager”””

Didn’t take a lot of persuading.

“””Don’t ask my source”””

First question: “”From who?””

“Omega Sales Manager”””

Didn’t take a lot of persuading.

Lol

I’ve ordered one. Bit of fun. No deposit required from my AD. Personally I think it will go over list and be hard to get.
    I know it’s not an LE but I can’t see them making it for long.
    We shall see....

A case of ‘What could you do in 14 months?’