closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Master
    I remember the -ve comments about the superfluous text on the previous Snoopy. Loads of people said 'Nah'...

Look at it now!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Does seem odd to me that when Snoopy is associated with other brands, Undone, Timex etc there is plenty of enthusiasum for the watches, but when on an Omega seems to draw out the haters. Maybe it's a price thing, the cheaper brands possibly seen more as a bit of fun.

You start a whole new debate here, when did anyone last use their Daytona to measure the speed of their car along their local beach and when did anyone last actually need the incredible depth ratings on a SD or DSSD. Gadgets on watches will always be boys toys, I have had Seiko Alpinists with an internal compass. Haven't got a clue how it works, but it is fun as are most moon phase watches.

This new watch is very much a boys toy and I'm sure endless hours of fun will be had showing others the case back. I showed the wife the video last night and she was impressed, so there you go.

I have put my name on the list, but hoping it's not too soon. Next year will do fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    Nice one. I really like them but not enough to pay the asking prices.
    Cheers 👍 I wear it a lot of the time so am getting good value from it! All Speedmaster prices seem to be on the rise; are the discounting days coming to an end with these I wonder?

Master
    Now definitely my favourite Speedy.

Sadly, no cash.

Apprentice
    I think it’s great. Love the colours and the caseback. It’s out of my price range but that’s ok. Looking forward to hopefully seeing the arrivals on here.

I know it’s a finger in the air job, but can we get any wild speculations from this in regards the price of the 3861 kitted pro when it arrives?

£5,500 with hesalite
    £6,500 with sapphire?

Who knows I guess...

Craftsman
    That's a first - animation on the back is clever, a nice talking point.
    At this price, should have been a limited edition.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Its fabulously childish and brings out the inner 7 year old in me (51)....
    ‘Fabulously childish’ sums it up well. It’s harmless fun and the case back is charmingly retro in a world where any smart phone can display an infinitely more complex ‘animation’. It does however shatter the illusion that our overpriced toys are serious and manly. It also fails the ‘Bond test’ (along with all Omega Bond watches) of being a watch that you could picture 007 wearing while successfully seducing a glamorous enemy agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    ‘Fabulously childish’ sums it up well. It’s harmless fun and the case back is charmingly retro in a world where any smart phone can display an infinitely more complex ‘animation’. It does however shatter the illusion that our overpriced toys are serious and manly. It also fails the ‘Bond test’ (along with all Omega Bond watches) of being a watch that you could picture 007 wearing while successfully seducing a glamorous enemy agent.
    You never know, he may like snoopy....

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    The first 2 Snoopy's were lovely, but this is a bit too much for me, and I never saw the appeal of wanting Snoopy on your dial unless you're a hardcore space nerd.

Master
    Blog Entries

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

It’s a lovely piece, strong pricing but all watches are these days.
    Last edited by Middo; 6th October 2020 at 15:01.

Master
    Can’t be long before that upgraded movement appears in the standard moonwatch. That will be rather more interesting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Does seem odd to me that when Snoopy is associated with other brands, Undone, Timex etc there is plenty of enthusiasum for the watches, but when on an Omega seems to draw out the haters. Maybe it's a price thing, the cheaper brands possibly seen more as a bit of fun.

You start a whole new debate here, when did anyone last use their Daytona to measure the speed of their car along their local beach and when did anyone last actually need the incredible depth ratings on a SD or DSSD. Gadgets on watches will always be boys toys, I have had Seiko Alpinists with an internal compass. Haven't got a clue how it works, but it is fun as are most moon phase watches.
    Gadgets such as a depth gauge, moon phase or a compass are technically interesting and are a show of horological prowess. Having the equivalent of a stick puppet show featuring a cartoon character doesn't quite have the same cachet does it?

Each to their own of course, and I'm all for not taking things too seriously, but £8250 for a comedy watch is not for me.

If you like the colour scheme, I would say one of these would be a better buy:

Not for me, but they will sell out with investors rather than watch collectors looking for huge profits like the last snoopy watch. Omeaga were smart with the high price

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    The first 2 Snoopy's were lovely, but this is a bit too much for me, and I never saw the appeal of wanting Snoopy on your dial unless you're a hardcore space nerd.
    Well, I am a hardcore space nerd. Worse, I'm a hardcore Apollo nerd, and I have to say that I like this one. It's really fun, not taking itself too seriously (as the last one did with all the "Failure is not an option" nonsense) and if I had the spare cash I'd pile in. Omega have indeed been quite punchy on pricing, I think, so I can see it being available at a discount in a few years' time.

The trick of course, is buying at the right point. I am still kicking myself: years ago (when GBP/USD was rather better than it is now) I saw an Alaska Project in the Boutique on 5th Avenue; even at what they wanted ($9k) I think it'd have been a decent buy.

Absolutely agree with everything you said there TKH, I really like it!!

Craftsman
    Gets my vote, a unique piece. Perhaps it should have been a limited edition, registered.

Craftsman
    Love it, as someone who actually wants to own this watch I for one am pleased it isn’t another “limited edition”

Master
    For £3000 more you could have a new Ed White. No contest, only one is pure class.
    Mind you, in the real world you may struggle to get either.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Bloody awful, with a very gimmicky caseback. Terrible. £8250 as well!

Are grown men seriously going to pay a substantial amount of money to wear that monstrosity?
    If I was going to buy a chronograph then heck, yes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    If I was going to buy a chronograph then heck, yes!
    So that's a no then

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Can’t be long before that upgraded movement appears in the standard moonwatch. That will be rather more interesting.
    Yes, I think that will be the one to own, as long as Omega don't price it too highly

Craftsman
    Love it. Just placed my order at the Trafford Centre OB.

How can you not love that case back

I will be fascinated to see how the mechanism works driven by the movement...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    How can you not love that case back

I will be fascinated to see how the mechanism works driven by the movement...

Considering it is a manual wind I think both are probably directly driven from elongated pivots or something similar.
    The earth is exactly behind the running seconds and snoopy moves around when the chronograph is engaged from the chrono’s seconds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Considering it is a manual wind I think both are probably directly driven from elongated pivots or something similar.
    The earth is exactly behind the running seconds and snoopy moves around when the chronograph is engaged from the chrono’s seconds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed must have tiny output shafts that locate into the caseback mechanism, but the caseback removal will highlight just how they have managed to do it in such a way that it’s reliable (fingers crossed)....and how it re-locates.

Think if i do get one i might wear it upside down....haha..

Master
    Absolutely love it. The dial is gorgeous and tone of blue is lovely. The snoopy logo looks really nice as well.

The case back is really quite special imo. The rotating moon is gorgeous. Snoopy in the rocket may be W bit much but I do like it. Great watch.

Master
    Really love the look of this watch. Is there a lume shot anywhere? Hoping the bezel is lumed, along with snoopy.

My local boutique is asking for a 20% deposit to join the waitlist, and think might get it by Jan 2021.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    It's very different to anything I've seen before, and that alone makes me positively disposed towards it. If I had a good watch collection, this would make a lovely addition.

However, I have no watch as expensive as this. For a first watch this expensive, I'd go with something more "conventional". But maybe I'm just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Not technically difficult to do, an extended pivot on the chrono runner and fourth wheel to directly drive the rocket and the earth respectively.

It's interesting that the movement in the video at 3:43 doesn't have any extended pivots though, I imagine that one's just a standard calibre 3861 used as a display for photographic purposes only.

Master
    Blog Entries

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

The more I have looked at this, I really want one. Purchases of this nature are for the heart and not the head. Great bit of fun and a great looking watch.
    Last edited by Middo; 6th October 2020 at 16:04.

Master
    Added my name to a waiting list. Refreshing to not be treated like cr@p by the AD

I missed out on the original Snoopy through my OCD. When second Snoopy version came along, I did not like the failure is not an option / what could you do in 14 seconds. It was a bit too much.

This one is nice but is too much to even contemplate starting the man maths.

Craftsman
    Not my cup of tea but quite entertaining

Master
    Yes it is an expensive watch, looks good. I spoke to an ad and they want initially a 100 percent down for a watch and then it would be delivered in jan-March. It is a great deal to have sitting on a credit card not knowing when it will arrive

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Yes it is an expensive watch, looks good. I spoke to an ad and they want initially a 100 percent down for a watch and then it would be delivered in jan-March. It is a great deal to have sitting on a credit card not knowing when it will arrive

I just chatted over the phone with my OB and they want 20% down with delivery in 6 - 12 weeks.

They have sent me a payment invoice, just chewing it over

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I just chatted over the phone with my OB and they want 20% down with delivery in 6 - 12 weeks.

If you don't want it, I'll take that offer now.

Love it and already placed an order.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

Do you mind me asking which OB and whether you have bought from them before? PM me if you feel it is more appropriate than disclosing on an open forum!

It would be good if everyone who says they want one actually buys one. The Friday thread in a few months time will be full of them.

Master
    Colours work for me. I think it looks great.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Do you mind me asking which OB and whether you have bought from them before? PM me if you feel it is more appropriate than disclosing on an open forum!
    FWIW, I ordered mine from the OB at Trafford Centre today. That’s not a big drive away from you. 20% deposit. No prior purchase history. Very helpful staff and a pleasant experience all round.

Master
    I placed a deposit for one just now at the Trafford Centre boutique who will then send it to my local AD when it arrives - early 2021 I'm told. They did say a few people placed deposits for the watch today.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Hi sorry for the late reply, it was the Trafford Centre Boutique, I have had a few LE's from them in the past and some Tudors from Beaverbrooks who own that Boutique.

A pleasant team there as others have said.

Well placed my deposit today, so will await the time frame :)

Journeyman
    I think it looks great. Quite charming and lovely colors. If money were no object I would love to have one; as it is, I think it’s a bit pricey for something I wouldn’t be liable to wear very often. But I like it a lot and am envious of those placing orders! I’ll look forward to seeing some pictures on here as they come in.

Thanks All,

Just sent over my deposit now to the Trafford Centre Boutique.

Slightly excited to say the least!!

Really pleased for those who have paid deposits, reminds me of Speedy Tuesday fever a couple of years back. I will need to sell something first, so have registered my interest on the website. That should put me well and truely behind those who have paid deposits which suits me fine.

Looking forward to seeing some wrist shots when the first ones come out.

Funny how everyone moans about the number of watches that Omega bang out, yet when they do everyone wants one. What a fickle bunch we are

Master
    I'm a bracelet guy so this mockup on the Speedy Tuesday Facebook group looks better than the strap for me.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Wow. Lot of deposits going in at Trafford Centre! My local OB has said they will get me one but interesting that they haven't asked me for a deposit.

Still on the fence about buying one so I will not push it and see what happens! Guessing I will get a call soon to ask for deposit.