closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Craftsman
    Not had the call but managed to see one in person at the boutique last week, has made me want one even more!

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    still feeling the love ?
    No.

I think Omega have made a big mistake by not applying lume to Snoopy and the numbers around the bezel insert. Just check out the lume shots of the Silver Snoopy LE and compare it to this. This looks like a half finished job.

I have been keeping an eye on the OF as more images are posted and if anything the more I see, the more I dislike the watch.

I think once these start to roll out in numbers, a fair few will be flipped. It reminds me of when the moonphase with the Aldrin footprint was released. We waited and waited and eventually the shops all took delivery. Within a few months of that you could buy them with discount or as new from grey dealers with similar reductions to list price and I think this will go the same way.

Sorry, but I'm out.

So because they decided against Lume it is an unfinished job?

Surely it is a deliberate design decision not to Lume. I for one am glad that dog isn’t lumed. The bezel would have been nice but is no where near a deal breaker for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Not had the call but managed to see one in person at the boutique last week, has made me want one even more!
    Looks lovely. I was also asked to come and have a look at one but was busy and told them I will only visit once there’s one available for me to buy. Very hopeful at this stage that I will like it in the flesh too.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    So because they decided against Lume it is an unfinished job?

Surely it is a deliberate design decision not to Lume. I for one am glad that dog isn’t lumed. The bezel would have been nice but is no where near a deal breaker for me

Agreed, the Snoopy at 9 is supposed to represent the design on a Silver Snoopy Award Pin, why lume it? That would be far to gimmicky imo. This is not an ST2 Ultraman!

Similarly luming the Tachy for me takes the watch away from it's Speedy heritage.

Obviously the Snoopy 2 was a bit of a lume monster with some interesting touches but that chapter is closed now.

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post

What a watch! Probably the best Snoopy yet

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    This should drop once they start being distributed. I’m sure they will be a list priced watch, but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    This should drop once they start being distributed. I’m sure they will be a list priced watch, but nothing more.

I remember folk saying the same about the last two.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    I remember folk saying the same about the last two.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    This watch is going to be different as you can get one if you put your name down, not limited to a lucky few. Mine is due in March, can’t wait for it.

Master
    However the one listed will always be a 'special one' as it is one of the very limited number which were registered in the actual anniversary year, if you are into that sort of thing!

Has anyone heard anything about theirs yet?

I paid my 20% back in October and not a sausage yet. I must admit to being very impatient at the best of times.

Am wondering if I could do better things with the £1,600. They originally said March, but I doubt this will be the delivery date given they have been shut for most of the time since I put the deposit down.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about theirs yet?

I paid my 20% back in October and not a sausage yet. I must admit to being very impatient at the best of times.

Am wondering if I could do better things with the £1,600. They originally said March, but I doubt this will be the delivery date given they have been shut for most of the time since I put the deposit down.
    Unfortunately customer service with watch companies seem to be very poor. The industry I am in always gets a bad rep however we absolutely demolish watch dealers and other retailers in customer experience anyway that’s another topic.

I have rang them twice about this watch having put down £1600 as a deposit. I have been told it’s less likely that I will receive mine in March. I wasn’t aware that the Omega Store in the Trafford centre wasn’t an official direct Omega Store which get priority. The one in the Trafford Centre is owned by Beaverbrooks. Which they told me when I explained that I have seen them on social media being delivered. They didn’t say, however suggested that it could be June/July now. Very frustrating but we have waited this long so it’s only another few months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Unfortunately customer service with watch companies seem to be very poor. The industry I am in always gets a bad rep however we absolutely demolish watch dealers and other retailers in customer experience anyway that’s another topic.

I have rang them twice about this watch having put down £1600 as a deposit. I have been told it’s less likely that I will receive mine in March. I wasn’t aware that the Omega Store in the Trafford centre wasn’t an official direct Omega Store which get priority. The one in the Trafford Centre is owned by Beaverbrooks. Which they told me when I explained that I have seen them on social media being delivered. They didn’t say, however suggested that it could be June/July now. Very frustrating but we have waited this long so it’s only another few months or so.

We laid out deposits down at the same place then. Are they answering the phones during this period when everything is forced to be shut?

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    We laid out deposits down at the same place then. Are they answering the phones during this period when everything is forced to be shut?
    Yes they are still open. They are still retailing as a click and collect service. I try to touch base with them once a month but thats the only interaction I have had with them. I haven’t been notified by them directly about any update only to offer me a gold omega which I declined.

One thing they did tell me is that they have now stopped taking orders for the snoopy as there where that many.

Ask Bramly's they seem to have one, with a little appreciation in the RRP !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Ask Bramly's they seem to have one, with a little appreciation in the RRP !

I guess it’s worth what someone is willing to pay. They just need to find someone very impatient indeed with £25K to burn. All the best...

I think I’ll wait and save £17,000 :)

Craftsman
    Had a call yesterday to say 4 have arived in Jeddah and do I want one..... fast forward to this morning and lo and behold they’ve all been allocated. But I’m next apparently!!!
    Told them not to bother and disappointed that I’m not considered worthy considering I was repeatedly told I’m 1st on the list after registering my interest eons ago, and considering the number of watches and friends recommended to them.

Sour grapes and cutting my nose off and all that....yes, but I feel better now. Off now to sulk some more in a corner....😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Had a call yesterday to say 4 have arived in Jeddah and do I want one..... fast forward to this morning and lo and behold they’ve all been allocated. But I’m next apparently!!!
    Told them not to bother and disappointed that I’m not considered worthy considering I was repeatedly told I’m 1st on the list after registering my interest eons ago, and considering the number of watches and friends recommended to them.

Sour grapes and cutting my nose off and all that....yes, but I feel better now. Off now to sulk some more in a corner....😂😂
    They’ve done you a favour.

Don't blame you. I'd add a one star review where possible too.

Sour grapes and cutting my nose off and all that....yes, but I feel better now. Off now to sulk some more in a corner....
    That’s out of order. I’d have done the same thing. No more business their way.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    That’s out of order. I’d have done the same thing. No more business their way.
    I would have just bitten my tongue and kept them sweet to make sure i got the next available one and then left them a negative review once I’d taken delivery !

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post
    I would have just bitten my tongue and kept them sweet to make sure i got the next available one and then left them a negative review once I’d taken delivery !
    Me too as long as I was only paying RRP . Afterall what is a few months extra wait as long as you get one new.

I got the call to say mine is available. Having just forked out on a new piano I'm all spent out so I declined but it shows they are coming into stores now (OB in this case)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I got the call to say mine is available. Having just forked out on a new piano I'm all spent out so I declined but it shows they are coming into stores now (OB in this case)
    That's nice to know...i sent an email to my local AD last week and although they haven't had any in they are expecting them before the end of March.

Anyone looking for one, there is one on eBay for $125,000.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Anyone looking for one, there is one on eBay for $125,000.
    Bargain alert!!

So out of the blue (see what I did there), I got the call today and one of these beauties has been 'allocated to me'. It's arriving on Tuesday and they are doing click and collect, so I'll finally get to actually see one :-)
    Last edited by ataripower; 5th March 2021 at 16:51.

You lucky devil!

Will it be on Chrono24 at 125k on Wednesday?

You lucky devil!

Will it be on Chrono24 at 125k on Wednesday?

Ha! No it's going to be added to the previous two versions I'm lucky to own and spend its life in a safe with his friends :-)

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

I’m going to put it in a time capsule and bury it at the bottom of my garden when I get mine.
    Last edited by WHL1882; 6th March 2021 at 10:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    So out of the blue (see what I did there), I got the call today and one of these beauties has been 'allocated to me'. It's arriving on Tuesday and they are doing click and collect, so I'll finally get to actually see one :-)
    Congratulations! Please post pictures when you get it.

I am jealous. I was given the impression that I would get mine in October, then November, then possibly before the end of 2020. Now the ________ have gone completely quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Congratulations! Please post pictures when you get it.

I am jealous. I was given the impression that I would get mine in October, then November, then possibly before the end of 2020. Now the ________ have gone completely quiet.
    Of course I will post pictures ASAP. Don't worry, you will get one soon if you had registered your interest as soon as it was launched. I was told that they are coming, just a bit slower because of Covid last year.

Ha! No it's going to be added to the previous two versions I'm lucky to own and spend its life in a safe with his friends
    Shame it's not going to someone who will actually wear it. But, at least it's not an LE.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Shame it's not going to someone who will actually wear it. But, at least it's not an LE.
    My thoughts exactly - you might as well buy the equivalent in gold bullion and stash it away; some right poseurs about, aren’t there?🙄

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Of course it will be worn on occasion, that's the point of a watch, just not every day. It's not exactly a tool watch is it and most people won't be buying this as their only watch!

Of course it will be worn on occasion, that's the point of a watch, just not every day. It's not exactly a tool watch is it and most people won't be buying this as their only watch!

Yeah, because your ‘ordinary’ watch-buying folks have got hundreds of thousands of pounds just lying around in their piggy banks ready to stump up for a pile of other watches that can be worn as alternatives to their £8,250 ‘loose change’ Omega Snoopy so that only comes out for weddings, funerals or when the sun emerges from behind the clouds...

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Yeah, because your ‘ordinary’ watch-buying folks have got hundreds of thousands of pounds just lying around in their piggy banks ready to stump up for a pile of other watches that can be worn as alternatives to their £8,250 ‘loose change’ Omega Snoopy so that only comes out for weddings, funerals or when the sun emerges from behind the clouds...
    Sorry you're going to have to give me a few minutes here. I'm trying to decide whether to take the red or white Ferrari on my drive to the airport where my private jet is being readied to take me to one of my many mansions in Monaco! Wow

Sorry you're going to have to give me a few minutes here. I'm trying to decide whether to take the red or white Ferrari on my drive to the airport where my private jet is being readied to take me to one of my many mansions in Monaco! Wow

Whatever mate.

I better not tell him I have 10 Speedmasters or the other 30 or such watch’es I have then as that might be seen as unusual on a watch collecting forum!

Last edited by paw3001; 6th March 2021 at 17:07.

Master
    Don't see the issue with collecting watches. You can only wear one at a time, but you may want to collect others to wear occasionally, each to their own of course...I also have some watches in the safe I haven't worn for a while, appreciate others may not agree with collecting in that way, but whatever! Is this different to collecting coins or other items? You cannot necessarily 'use' them, but you may take pleasure from collecting.

Master
    Nice to know they are coming through...was told last month mine should be here end of March but again deliveries are slow because of Covid.

Pictures and a quick review would be nice.

I better not tell him I have 10 Speedmasters or the other 30 or such watch’s I have then as that might be seen as unusual on a watch collecting forum!

Whilst not wishing to get into an argument but it’s the same self-righteous crew that get really heated and continuously bleat on about “watches are not investments y’know, blah blah!” What other reason is there for squirrelling them away in a safe when there’s people out there who would give both arms to wear one of those on their wrist?

Whilst not wishing to get into an argument but it’s the same self-righteous crew that get really heated and continuously bleat on about “watches are not investments y’know, blah blah!” What other reason is there for squirrelling them away in a safe when there’s people out there who would give both arms to wear one of those on their wrist?
    Errr...because we like them and we collect the ones we like.

I haven’t bought any of my watches as investments. I will wear them as and when I wish. Some that do not get worn may be sold at some point depending on how I feel about them. If they have held their value or even gone up then that’s a nice fringe benefit.

There are watches I would love still but can no way afford but I don’t begrudge others who can and I appreciate them sharing their experiences and collections.

I don’t mean to offend you but I have to say your posts are coming across as a little bitter. Was that your intention?

Blog Entries
    I'd rather keep my watches in a safe than stuck in my sock drawer or bedside table. No squirrels involved though.

This made me LOL though,
    there’s people out there who would give both arms to wear one of those on their wrist

Craftsman

There is a difference between stashing a watch stickered and unworn in safe and storing it in a safe to be worn in rotation or even occasionally. While I do agree with the sentiment that watches are not an investment ( primarily due to the fact that it is never clear which watches will appreciate in the long term) and that watches should be bought to be worn, no one can dictate who should buy watches and for what purposes. Nor are they under any obligation to let them go to someone who will wear them. Those who feel otherwise probably do not understand the hobby of watch collecting.