closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Apparently all omega boutiques waiting lists are closed now not taking deposits.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Apparently all omega boutiques waiting lists are closed now not taking deposits.
    Really!?

That is surprising. Perhaps they didn't think the demand would be so high given the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    You can still register your interest by inserting your e-mail address on the Omega website and now on the Goldsmiths and Mappin and Webb sites two, although aren't those latter two part of the same group.

Seems odd that these are still open, but then again Goldsmiths are famous for taking your details then putting them in the circular file.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You can still register your interest by inserting your e-mail address on the Omega website and now on the Goldsmiths and Mappin and Webb sites two, although aren't those latter two part of the same group.

Seems odd that these are still open, but then again Goldsmiths are famous for taking your details then putting them in the circular file.
    I registered my interest on the Omega website the day it got launched. Still not had a confirmation off their promotional link.

Good job I rang my closest AD to confirm my interest.

Wonder if anyone else had Omega come back to them off the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I registered my interest on the Omega website the day it got launched. Still not had a confirmation off their promotional link.

Good job I rang my closest AD to confirm my interest.

I registered via the Omega link to the Trafford Centre OB and they emailed me back within a few hours. They were the only ones to respond. None of the London ones bothered to.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

My AD is getting three and fingers crossed I am down for one. Same for my brother in Guildford.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thats what i had read on omega forum

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Really!?

That is surprising. Perhaps they didn't think the demand would be so high given the price point.

I had a pretty quick reply from the Sloane Square branch and was added to their list.

Master
    Not heard anything off the back of that email registration. However, I also contacted the OB where I’ve bought a few watches before and they promptly responded. Pretty sure I’ll get a call from them soon after deliveries start. They have never asked me for deposits. Not even for LEs.

Master
    I have been told by the dealer I was speaking to that tere is a small delivery in late October and then another in November.

Surprised about the earlier comment about no deliveries until 2022...that has got to be incorrect or this release will be a farce.

The Omega guy on the Watch Advisor video said deliveries would start in November.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    I have been told by the dealer I was speaking to that tere is a small delivery in late October and then another in November.

Surprised about the earlier comment about no deliveries until 2022...that has got to be incorrect or this release will be a farce.
    That 2022 comment must have been tongue in cheek. WoS told me early 2021 and OB said end of this month/early next month for first deliveries.

Journeyman
    Oops, apologies, didn't see post from jpjsavage posting this same info above...

(((Omega Head of Product Management confirmed yesterday that it's releasing at beginning of November...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcsXn7Hd_c

see 17:13)))
    Last edited by animaal; 11th October 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Info already in post above

Journeyman
    Anyone get a call from their AD yet on getting one?

AD had just reached out after registering my interest on the omega site... They said expect it to be available around end October... But there was already a very long waiting list...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

any of these started to land yet?

any of these started to land yet?
    We are in Omega no man's land - half way between the announcement and anyone actually owning one.

Talking of which, I still haven't seen a wrist shot of that new Ed White yet and that must be getting on for a year (a guess, without checking).

Master
    We are in Omega no man's land - half way between the announcement and anyone actually owning one.

Talking of which, I still haven't seen a wrist shot of that new Ed White yet and that must be getting on for a year (a guess, without checking).
    New Ed White? I passed on it nearly 2 months ago. Some shots from when I tried it. Apologies for picture quality.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    New Ed White? I passed on it nearly 2 months ago. Some shots from when I tried it. Apologies for picture quality.
    That looks an absolute stunner. Out of interest, apart from the price which clearly is putting most people off, was there anything about the Watch itself that you didn't like.

Master
    That looks an absolute stunner. Out of interest, apart from the price which clearly is putting most people off, was there anything about the Watch itself that you didn't like.
    Yes, price was the biggest factor. I am a Speedy fan and like most of their models (including this 321) but that's because of the design, nothing to do with space and history. To me, it wasn't special enough to spend £12k but for someone who is interested in the Ed White connection, history of the movement etc. it may be a good buy.

The bracelet is superbly done. Caseback is mesmerising but as much as I'd like to, can't wear it upside down lol. The face (to my naive eyes) didn't look massively different to several others of their models.

Explains why I prefer the new Snoopy so much over the 321, even though the 50th Snoopy isn't priced keenly either.

Master
    A new Ed White every time; a genuinely special watch, not just another ‘limited edition.’ Interesting to see it’s used value in a few years.
    How many genuinely hand-built watches are cheaper? Very few I suspect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    A new Ed White every time; a genuinely special watch, not just another ‘limited edition.’ Interesting to see it’s used value in a few years.
    You probably are the target market - people who find it special and appreciate the other aspects than just the looks. Not that it looks bad in any way at all, just similar to many others IMHO.

Just comparing these two Speedies though, neither is a limited edition. Although there may be fewer 321s around than 50th Snoopies in future due to production limitations (and nearly £4k price difference).

Can't comment on the "hand-built" point as I really don't know how much of the new Ed White is genuinely hand-built.

My opinion could change when I see the new Snoopy in the flesh though. At this point, based on pictures and videos, it is my personal choice over the Ed White that I saw and handled.

Depends what you call hand built I guess, I think most watches are completed by hand and hardly any are hand manufactured or hand finished. I think the biggest turn off for me was the lack of anglage on the movement on levers, even machine anglage would lift it up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Depends what you call hand built I guess, I think most watches are completed by hand and hardly any are hand manufactured or hand finished. I think the biggest turn off for me was the lack of anglage on the movement on levers, even machine anglage would lift it up.
    Had to look 'anglage' up - every day a skool day: https://monochrome-watches.com/a-tec...te-horlogerie/

Lovely piece.

If offered one, I'd be interested even at the £8.25k asking price I reckon. Will wait and see...

Omega missed a trick here. The earth should be a micro rotor (like the UG or PP ones)

It would wind the movement as it turned.

Thanks, the article is very good. Helps to understand that many intangibles are really fantastic expert unique manual work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    With lockdown tomorrow has anyone had the call for this watch.

I am on the list and the dealer was expecting delivery early November but i am in no rush but just wondering if anyone been given a date.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    With lockdown tomorrow has anyone had the call for this watch.

I am on the list and the dealer was expecting delivery early November but i am in no rush but just wondering if anyone been given a date.
    Before the lockdown was announced, I was expecting to be called to see (if not buy) one mid-end November (changed from end of October) but no chance now. No big deal and will probably allow me to keep the watch I was planning to sell to fund the Snoopy.

Craftsman
    Names down on 3 lists, last one yesterday at a boutique much to my surprise I was 8th on the list!

That’s surprised me here in KSA, they are more Rolex, Hublot and other....not snoopy!

I was called yesterday by the AD to say it will arrive around the 15th Nov and can I place a 50% deposit. I don’t think these will arrive in KSA until March 2021 going of the demand already. Will go tomorrow and speak to the AD. Will update accordingly.

Interestingly enough the Boutique claimed to be receiving the Apollo 11 50th next week.....

Craftsman
    Also managed to add my name through Omega site for a London shop - and got an email back first thing this morning with "no updates as to when the watch will become available in the boutiques"

Master
    TLDR - everyone will get one.

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conv...omega-watches/

OK, I have to ask: why is this not a limited-edition watch?

It’s funny. I read on the Omega forums that they were complaining that the watch should be limited, and I was thinking, “Thank you, guys. You were complaining five years ago that we should stop with the limited edition, especially because not enough people can get the watches.”

Anyway, I didn’t want to create such a watch that we knew people would feel emotionally connected to, and then not make enough so that most people who want one cannot have one. This will, of course, be a gradual process. Every year we will make the number of watches that we are capable of. I’m sure that there will be a surplus of demand, but we will make more each year, and eventually, the people who dream to own the watch can make this a reality.

I think this is very important, because otherwise, with limited editions, sometimes people get upset because they feel left out. We are Omega, we don’t like to exclude people as some others do. We want those who dream about it to be able to get it eventually. This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year.

We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot. This also allows us to closely monitor the sale of each watch, so that we can do our best to ensure each Snoopy ends up in the hands of a true collector and not a reseller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    TLDR - everyone will get one.

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conv...omega-watches/

OK, I have to ask: why is this not a limited-edition watch?

It’s funny. I read on the Omega forums that they were complaining that the watch should be limited, and I was thinking, “Thank you, guys. You were complaining five years ago that we should stop with the limited edition, especially because not enough people can get the watches.”

Anyway, I didn’t want to create such a watch that we knew people would feel emotionally connected to, and then not make enough so that most people who want one cannot have one. This will, of course, be a gradual process. Every year we will make the number of watches that we are capable of. I’m sure that there will be a surplus of demand, but we will make more each year, and eventually, the people who dream to own the watch can make this a reality.

I think this is very important, because otherwise, with limited editions, sometimes people get upset because they feel left out. We are Omega, we don’t like to exclude people as some others do. We want those who dream about it to be able to get it eventually. This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year.

We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot. This also allows us to closely monitor the sale of each watch, so that we can do our best to ensure each Snoopy ends up in the hands of a true collector and not a reseller.

I like the cut of his jib but if they are made in low numbers as he says then they will get to resellers due to the sums involved.

Master
    Hope they take the same approach to the new 321. Keep making them . So far they are Virtually invisible. Think the Snoopy will be a lot easier to get.

Making it clear that they will continue to make the watches so that everybody who wants one will be able to buy one at retail price will in fact reduce demand.

It seems a lot of people only really want watches that they can't buy at retail.

Mitch

Master
    Hope they take the same approach to the new 321. Keep making them . So far they are Virtually invisible. Think the Snoopy will be a lot easier to get.
    Pretty sure there will be more Snoopies around than 321, because of the price and movement differences.

The 321 I tried just over 2 months ago was the first one that OB had received. I am sure I wasn't the first one it was offered to though. It seems people are hesitant due to the price. I got the impression they won't get another until they sell the first so it will continue to be a watch that you have to wait for if you really want it. I think that is a good strategy to keep people interested.

Also, the interest in Snoopy might dwindle away as early as next year because the 50th anniversary year is 2020 (can't compare to 45th Snoopy as it was limited). 321 on the other hand isn't that strongly tied to any particular year so should stay relevant. Just IMHO.

Apprentice
    Not a limited edition but i believe you can only order through official Omega stores, has to be full price deposit and up to 6 month waiting list!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeghc View Post
    ... i believe you can only order through official Omega stores, has to be full price deposit ...
    No and not necessarily.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Making it clear that they will continue to make the watches so that everybody who wants one will be able to buy one at retail price will in fact reduce demand.

It seems a lot of people only really want watches that they can't buy at retail.

Mitch
    Yes, because they can flip them for a quick profit...

Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award

Looking at the Omega Forum these have started to land, one of them from the UK.

Anyone had the call yet?
    Last edited by Kippax; 11th December 2020 at 23:31.

Looking at the Omega Forum these has started to land, one of them from the UK.

Anyone had the call yet?
    I have just checked out the thread on the OF and have to say those photos are disappointing. It doesn't put the Watch in a good light at all. Makes it look like that older Blue limited edition from a few years ago with a Snoopy image added.

Need to see some better photos, but won't be rushing out to buy one based on what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 12th December 2020 at 09:28.

Master
    Looking at the Omega Forum these has started to land, one of them from the UK.

Anyone had the call yet?
    I have been promised one by my local dealer but not sure how soon i will get the call...they are getting 3 or 4 in the first batch which should have been here by the end of the year.

I have a good relationship with them built up over many years so i know i will get one but not in a rush.

Nice to know they are coming through.

Master
    I am waiting for mine; but want to see it in person before committing to buy the watch. Had an email from the AD saying they would be in soon and they would call me to let me to come in store.

Craftsman
    My ad is expecting mine between christmas and new year
    Hopefully
    Fingers crossed but defiantly no snoopy for christmas

Master
    For those waiting, would be great to get a 2020 watch, the anniversary year. There certainly won't be many but good luck to those lucky few! Look forward to pics. I did show interest but have heard absolutely nothing myself.

My Omega AD said "Unfortunately, we have had no further news about the release of the Snoopy Watch apart from it being released in the early part of next year.

Any further information we will let you know, but keep an eye out on the OMEGA Instagram page as that's usually where we receive all the latest information so we tend to see it at the same time as the public.”

I have just rang the TC and they said it’s expected in Jan 21. My order did say March but I’m not holding my breath.

Master
    For those waiting, would be great to get a 2020 watch, the anniversary year. There certainly won't be many but good luck to those lucky few! Look forward to pics. I did show interest but have heard absolutely nothing myself.
    Exactly what I told OB - that I wanted to get it in 2020 for the same reason. It may not appeal so much with a 2021 date on the warranty card. I think people also lost a bit of interest in the Apollo 11 when deliveries spilled into the following year.

I was told end of October, that changed to November, then we went into the second lockdown. I should contact them to see what the situation is after lockdown.

Anyone got the call yet or taken delivery ?

seem to be a few getting delivered around the world ...

still feeling the love ?

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Anyone got the call yet or taken delivery ?

seem to be a few getting delivered around the world ...

still feeling the love ?
    Yeah definitely. Can’t wait.