closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Are Tag Heuer Discounts Possible?

Master

Are Tag Heuer Discounts Possible?

I tried on a Monaco on Saturday in Ernest Jones in Basildon. On enquiring I was told that Tags weren't discountable.
    I was surprised as I would have thought that a Tag that's readily available would have some "flexibility" on price, perhaps I have underestimated them?
    I really liked the Monaco but not at RRP, perhaps preowned might be the way forward?

Are Tag Heuer Discounts Possible?

Go on to Chrono24 and search for new Monacos from European dealers. I helped a friend buy a new Calibre 11 at a 30%+ discount late last year from an Italian dealer.

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Go on to Chrono24 and search for new Monacos from European dealers. I helped a friend buy a new Calibre 11 at a 30%+ discount late last year from an Italian dealer.

Simon
    Thanks very much for the tip I'll have a look at this

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    On enquiring I was told that Tags weren't discountable
    Tag Heuer have their own discount stores in outlets in York and elsewhere. They are definitely available below rrp.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Tag Heuer have their own discount stores in outlets in York and elsewhere. They are definitely available below rrp.

This.
    I was amazed how many new models were in the Cheshire Oaks outlet last time I passed. Not brand new models, but certainly stuff you still find on the high street!

Tags are very discountable.
    The large dealerships i.e. Ernest Jones/Goldsmiths etc. will always refuse to give discounts or give minimal/token discounts at best.
    They will tell you it's just not done but it is, just not by them.
    Try independent jewellers as they will offer decent discounts, I am happy to recommend one or two in the midlands via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Simon
    Exactly this. I don’t relish going through a prolonged and ultimately futile face to face negotiation

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your unlikely to find the classic Monaco styles in the Tag outlet stores.

Try Dom Hackett (hackettwatches) I bought a Tag of him a few years back at a excellent price.

Journeyman
    There is an outlet at Bicester that discounts quite heavily too. I bought my first one there many many moons ago.

Master
    Thanks to everyone who's responded with suggestions - I love this place for the hints and tips on where to look for pieces.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately the York store has gone now.

I wouldn't be comfortable spending retail on a Tag unless it was a keeper or a legit LE.

Apprentice
    The tag boutique in Chelmsford (run by goldsmiths) offered me the CAW211P which is the blue dial one with the crown on the left at around £750 off. That was late 2019.

I’ve seen the same model with a discounted sticker here and there since.

I bought a speedmaster instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I used these guys earlier this year for a ladies Aquaracer that my daughter fancied, decent discount, faultless service and 6 months interest free if you want it.

Bicester village as mentioned
    I’m there Thursday I’ll see what’s in if I remember as may well have a bag bag in tow

In Laigns Glasgow was also for sale on the website

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Timetotalk View Post

In Laigns Glasgow was also for sale on the website
    That's a good saving! Going to Lakeside today with the long haired OC, I'll have a look around.

That's a good saving! Going to Lakeside today with the long haired OC, I'll have a look around.
    If memory serves me correct Tag boutique on the 2nd floor. Staff haven’t been that knowledgeable when I’ve been browsing before. (Was some lovely eye candy a few years back & no not the watches!). Don’t think Emson Haig stock Tag & unsure if Goldsmiths do. All on the 2nd floor.

Watchfinder also hidden away down what used to be know as Brompton Walk.

Be interested to know if you can get a deal on the Monaco. Like yourself I keep coming back to the blue calibre 11. But ideally need good 25-30% saving on RRP (as IMHO the £5k RRP is very high).

Good luck Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Some of the chains like WoS are enjoying a big surge in sales post lock-down. I imagine EJ might also be. Probably why they are not budging on discount.

BW,
    Chi Kai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    If memory serves me correct Tag boutique on the 2nd floor. Staff haven’t been that knowledgeable when I’ve been browsing before. (Was some lovely eye candy a few years back & no not the watches!). Don’t think Emson Haig stock Tag & unsure if Goldsmiths do. All on the 2nd floor.

Watchfinder also hidden away down what used to be know as Brompton Walk.

Be interested to know if you can get a deal on the Monaco. Like yourself I keep coming back to the blue calibre 11. But ideally need good 25-30% saving on RRP (as IMHO the £5k RRP is very high).

Good luck Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The boutique is an adjunct to Goldsmiths & is part of them, proclaiming its links to WoS.
    They offered me £250 off.
    Fraser Hart referred me to their other stores & Watchfinder have a calibre 11 about to hit the site. Price tbc, likely to be c. £4450.
    Like you I'm looking for a good reduction, lovely as it is, I'm not convinced it's a £5K + piece...

.....I'm not convinced it's a £5K + piece...
    The current Chrono24 / gray market price is about £3900 delivered.

I’ve obsessed over the Calibre 11 Monaco for 3 years, although in the end I bought something else square. 18 months ago it was easily available for £3200-3300. Reluctantly, I’ve come to the conclusion in that it is too expensive now for the modular movement inside. If they can manage a switch to the 02 without too much uplift, that would change the value proposition for me.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

I’ve obsessed over the Calibre 11 Monaco for 3 years, although in the end I bought something else square. 18 months ago it was easily available for £3200-3300. Reluctantly, I’ve come to the conclusion in that it is too expensive now for the modular movement inside. If they can manage a switch to the 02 without too much uplift, that would change the value proposition for me.

Dave

I've heard they would have difficulty moving the 02 movement 180 for the left hand crown, and will also keep the 2 models separate. Shame as visually the calibre 11 is right on the money looks wise. But like you I gasp at the RRP for a modular model. But I guess you pay for coolness and history.

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    But I guess you pay for coolness and history.
    I like the design a great deal, but the whole McQueen thing I find a huge turnoff. It’s not like it was anything more than a random product placement choice, but marketed to death afterwards.

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

Dave

I've never bought from Chrono24. Are there pitfalls / traps for heffalumps that a newbie should beware of?

I’ve bought one watch new from a UK dealer from Chrono24, although that dealer doesn’t have the Monaco currently

Usually the payment is via Escrow, so funds are only released a few days after delivery, when you are satisfied with the watch. I would do due diligence and check feedback on the dealer in the app. If you have questions, they can be asked before purchase. When I purchased I asked about the dealer stamped warranty, so I clear that wouldn’t be an issue, and a member here gave me some helpful feedback on the company

Essentially if the feedback is good, and the payment goes through Escrow, I would be happy with that, and would also use a German or Italian dealer.

D